Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   eBay help and am I stuck? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245522)

perezfan 09-29-2017 05:34 PM

Don't fight it with the seller. PayPal will side with you.

And if you didn't use PayPal, then eBay should as well. Either way, you would be covered for a full refund. When you hover over the provided pics, you can see the word "Reprint" pretty clearly. But still, it should have been stated in the title (or at least in the description).

Best of luck.

thetruthisoutthere 09-29-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1705764)
So I'm out the 20 bucks so far doesn't look very good from what you guys of been telling me. So I guess that means I've got to buy it I'm gonna keep it and just maybe try to get my money back as a reprint. Was still waiting to hear something from the seller although I don't feel too confident anything good will come out of that

I know it reads "Reprint" on the item, but the word "Reprint" should be in the title.

IMHO, that is a misleading title.

If you're unable to get your money refunded, you can "Neg" him.

Snapolit1 09-29-2017 05:42 PM

Very very deceptive. I had to look at it 5 times to see the word reprint. Total game playing. Nothing in the buyer's write up makes clear what this is. What a crock.

thetruthisoutthere 09-29-2017 05:53 PM

Hundreds of Ebay sellers pull that same crap!!!

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 06:42 PM

Not as many as the forgers tho. So much garbage

Bestdj777 09-29-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1705764)
So I'm out the 20 bucks so far doesn't look very good from what you guys of been telling me. So I guess that means I've got to buy it I'm gonna keep it and just maybe try to get my money back as a reprint. Was still waiting to hear something from the seller although I don't feel too confident anything good will come out of that

When you go through paypal you typically have to pay for the return shipping. I think the message you are responding to was just a suggestion on how to save on the return shipping--mark it return to sender and refuse shipping. May save some money.

GrayGhost 09-29-2017 07:14 PM

Update everyone. The seller message me and said no problem on the refund. Restores my faith in mankind I told him he should sell it is a reprint and talk up how nice it is and what a goodbye it is against an original. Just trying to help. Thank you to everyone for all their suggestions and ideas I appreciate it very much

ruth-gehrig 09-29-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bestdj777 (Post 1705792)
When you go through paypal you typically have to pay for the return shipping. I think the message you are responding to was just a suggestion on how to save on the return shipping--mark it return to sender and refuse shipping. May save some money.

Doesn't "not as described" also get the seller to pay for return shipping through PayPal? That was the reason I selected when returning a glove and the seller messaged me saying it was unfair for her to pay for shipping. I replied pointing out that her dimensions were off. I got my money back and didn't hear from her again :)

drcy 09-29-2017 07:45 PM

If you're selling a reprint, you have to say it's a reprint. Cut and dry. And I assume it was intentional, especially considering he did list the 1931 copyright.

Bestdj777 09-29-2017 07:49 PM

Hey Michael, I wasn't aware of that. I've had very few returns, so that may be the case.