Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   eBay help and am I stuck? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245522)

David Atkatz 09-29-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1705743)
Clearly marked and not even listed in description? I beg to differ about "greed" too.

Anyone else with a more understanding opinion?

Oh, I see...
You're only looking for "understanding" opinions.
"Only those who agree with me need respond."

Yeah. The guy shoulda mentioned "reprint" in the title. But you didn't do your due diligence. Period. Can't always blame things on the other guy.

"As my dear old grandfather Litvak said (just before they swung the trap), he said 'You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump.' " - W. C. Fields

slidekellyslide 09-29-2017 10:13 PM

I recently fell for one of those Ohio flea market garbage dealers. I collect Lincoln, Nebraska postcards and am always on the lookout for Cushman postcards because they were built in Lincoln. I ran across this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-039-s-P...p2047675.l2557

I've been collecting Lincoln postcards for about a decade now and have easily 5,000 different so I'm not surprised when I run across a card I've never seen before. I checked Worthpoint and saw a recent sale of the same card:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...tor-1840994933

So I set my snipe and won it easily. I got it in the mail yesterday and it clearly is a fake, it was a copy from something glued to a real postcard. I contacted the seller and he immediately refunded me. He didn't even reply to my message, just a refund. So I dug around his completed listings and almost everything he sells that is advertising is fake. My guess is this guy gets caught a lot of just automatically refunds without making a fuss about it to keep his feedback rating intact. I tried to leave a neutral to warn others and the system is making me wait 7 days.

edited to add: it also became clear to me after further searching that the postcard on worthpoint and the recent one I purchased were listed by the same seller. He used a different background on them, but I saw from his completed listings that the carpet he uses on some of his stuff was the same as the carpet in the listing I found on worthpoint.

edited again to add: Also I believe this seller has blocked me, I can't even send him a message now.

GrayGhost 09-30-2017 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1705842)
Oh, I see...

Yeah. The guy shoulda mentioned "reprint" in the title. But you didn't do your due diligence. Period. Can't always blame things on the other guy.

"As my dear old grandfather Litvak said (just before they swung the trap), he said 'You can't cheat an honest man. Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump.' " - W. C. Fields

The greed comment was harsh, esp to me. Perhaps people should learn how to list things. That is, unless they are tiptoeing around and trying to mislead someone. And I have an issue with someone not disclosing something more apparently than that .

Maybe you believe that someone is greedy trying to get a good deal on something. I guess you don't have the problems. I'm happy for you. But I also would never have an attitude like that to a fellow board member who is asking for a little advice and felt the listing was bad. Have a good day sir

Scott Roberts

Fballguy 09-30-2017 06:46 AM

There's no need to fight anything. The seller has a 30 day return policy.

Mark70Z 09-30-2017 06:59 AM

Opinion

Scott,

Remember "you" asked for an opinion and you received opinions from the forum. Good and bad you should consider the opinions you asked for even if you disagree.

My opinion is if it's too good to be true it usually is and you purchased an item that has reprint on the pic. I would agree seller should have listed it this way, but buyer beware.

Leon 09-30-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 1705890)
There's no need to fight anything. The seller has a 30 day return policy.

I know. I am shaking my head with head in hands.....can't believe it was ever a question. Seller gives 30 day returns, no stipulations. Mankind is good but there are some outliers. :o

GrayGhost 09-30-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1705842)
Oh, I see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark70Z (Post 1705895)
Scott,

Remember "you" asked for an opinion and you received opinions from the forum. Good and bad you should consider the opinions you asked for even if you disagree.

My opinion is if it's too good to be true it usually is and you purchased an item that has reprint on the pic. I would agree seller should have listed it this way, but buyer beware.

Didn't see that return policy. I just don't like being talked to Rudely. It's over now anyways

bnorth 09-30-2017 10:22 AM

Scott I know I have done this before also. I saw a listing and looked at the picture and instantly hit the BIN. Then after I paid and went back and read the listing it clearly stated in the description that the error card pictured in the lot was not included.:(

We have different life circumstances so I ate the loss and wrote it up as a learning experience. Whatever your problem is you have had it for a long time. I have bought from you before and you do seem like a great guy. You are also very helpful on this forum so please quit whatever is causing it and get better. Wishing you the best:)

David Atkatz 09-30-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1705879)
The greed comment was harsh... But I also would never have an attitude like that to a fellow board member who is asking for a little advice and felt the listing was bad. Have a good day sir

Scott Roberts

Harsh? You jumped on a Buy it Now because you thought the price was absurdly low. We've all done it. And we all know why we've done it.

Scott, do you ever post here without mentioning your financial problems? It's been going on for years now. Getting a bit old.

GrayGhost 09-30-2017 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1705954)
Harsh? You jumped on a Buy it Now because you thought the price was absurdly low. We've all done it. And we all know why we've done it.

Scott, do you ever post here without mentioning your financial problems? It's been going on for years now. Getting a bit old.

You have a point . Just b lucky. I won't reply anymore on this thread