Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay's two day payment (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=130385)

Bigb13 12-02-2010 09:37 AM

Ebay's two day payment

Why does ebay have to send emails to please pay for your item only after two day's? Rob

jb217676 12-02-2010 09:40 AM

Ebay shouldn't have to send these emails. IMO people should pay for there cards right away.

Bigb13 12-02-2010 09:43 AM

Yes I agree but once seller has received payment the item should go out right away. I paid for an item on Nov 24 auction ended on the 20th as of now I still have not received my item. Seller did not even send it until I made a pay pal dispute and then I only got a tracking number that has no info on it I do not think that is right. Rob

D. Bergin 12-02-2010 09:48 AM

It does annoy me a bit as a seller because I'm usually pretty flexible and sometimes allow bidders to combine items over a couple of weeks.

I've gotten reliable bidders who are pretty annoyed and thinking I'm sending them constant payment reminders, when it's really Ebay that's sending them out without me knowing it.

On the other hand, I've gotten more non-payers and really late payers in the last year, then I've had in the previous 10 years combined because of Ebays newest policy changes...................so, who knows what's right anymore. :confused:

D. Bergin 12-02-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 852154)
Yes I agree but once seller has received payment the item should go out right away. I paid for an item on Nov 24 auction ended on the 20th as of now I still have not received my item. Seller did not even send it until I made a pay pal dispute and then I only got a tracking number that has no info on it I do not think that is right. Rob

Jeez, on the other hand. You filed a Paypal dispute already on an item you paid for on the 24th? You realize Thanksgiving was on the 25th?

Unless somebody specifically requests they need their items quickly, I don't send my items out right away because I plan my shipping at the very end of the week to get as many items out at once as possible.................and I try to make this perfectly clear in my auctions.

HRBAKER 12-02-2010 10:06 AM

As with all ebay generated e-mails, I delete w/o opening them.

Bigb13 12-02-2010 10:32 AM

He stated and charged for expedited shipping he did not send it out until I made the dispute and if I haven't he still would not have sent it out. Why does it take a week to ship it? Ship the same day you receive payment or next day. Rob

rhettyeakley 12-02-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 852183)
Ship the same day you receive payment or next day. Rob

You do realize that most ebay sellers (not all) also have day jobs right? I personally ship on Mondays and Fridays only as I'm at my Dental Practice every other day of the week (I'm there Mondays too-but I try to get out a bit early to get things in the mail). It is really unrealistic to expect shipment the same day you pay, even the next day is a bit a of a streatch for most (depending on the day).

Jim VB 12-02-2010 10:57 AM

Just to be clear, you won a card, waited 4 days to pay, and now, are bitching because the seller didn't ship the very next day?

You paid on the 24th. The Thanksgiving weekend started the next day. Many people took that whole weekend and went away to enjoy it with their families. If the seller did that, he may not have even seen your payment until Monday, the 29th. And by Thursday you have filed an ebay dispute?

I think you are being extremely unreasonable. Even if the seller had shipped your item on Monday, you may not have it yet unless you paid for Express Mail. Priority Mail typically takes 3 days this time of the year.

Try to relax and enjoy the hobby.

sox1903wschamp 12-02-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 852168)
As with all ebay generated e-mails, I delete w/o opening them.

+1 :)

Exhibitman 12-02-2010 11:23 AM

I share your pain...

Ebay policy says pay within 3 days. IMO there should not be any notices--seller or Ebay generated--within that three days. I usually accrue my buys until Monday morning so I can pay for them all at once.

Bigb13 12-02-2010 02:08 PM

Maybe I am bitching but why wait until I bitch to send out the item? Ebay also has a spot to enter tracking info but some sellers just do not do it.

rdixon1208 12-02-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigb13 (Post 852274)
Maybe I am bitching but why wait until I bitch to send out the item? Ebay also has a spot to enter tracking info but some sellers just do not do it.

A tracking # only comes with delivery conformation and most sellers don't use DC (at least for the cards I buy). I always do, but I don't take the time to manually enter the number into myebay. I get delivery conformation for me...not for the buyer.

D. Bergin 12-02-2010 05:50 PM

If the item is paid for through Paypal AND you create your labels through Paypal, the tracking number is supposed to show up in the buyers account.

I don't know any regular seller who would enter the tracking number in each and every transaction manually, but I would have the number available if I was asked to provide it by the buyer.

Ladder7 12-04-2010 04:40 AM

Give the legit sellers some slack, especially during holidays. There are plenty of sellers that are a-holes that we can mess with.

My US mail shipments take longer overall, than years past. Often, twice as long.

Side note: Post 9/11. Hazmat squads respond to many terrorist threats at PO facilities. The entire operation locks down, even the parcels that were cleared. Items then get rescreened. One can only imagine how these incidents bog down the ENTIRE system. And, these calls are never speedy.

We need to learn and teach our kids patience.

Jim VB 12-04-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladder7 (Post 852644)
We need to learn and teach our kids patience.

I don't have time for that BS!

mantleman 12-04-2010 06:15 AM

Patience

Amen Steve,

100% Agree...Patience

Being up in Canada, I don't even bat an eye until the 4 week mark after shipment has been marked for my purchases.

And like Rhett said, most Ebayers have regular day jobs.

My two cents,

Andy

bbsports 12-04-2010 08:07 AM

How about this: E-bay is e-mailing a reminder to ship cards to the customer card after the buyer already has left me feedback. What a disorganized company they are.

Bridwell 12-05-2010 03:20 PM

Patience

I spent 30 years working on my T206 (near) set. I spent 3 years doing a T207 set (so far). There are cards I've wanted for 10 years and still don't have yet.

Collecting takes time. You won't have any fun if you're easily frustrated with card sellers.