Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mastro Auctions: Looking for Former Employees (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254329)

Peter_Spaeth 04-30-2018 12:42 PM

I repeat the question that you didn't answer.:)

oldjudge 04-30-2018 12:47 PM

As I said, it is a hypothetical that would never happen. However, if it does, I will be happy to tell you at that time how I feel.

Leon 04-30-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1771908)
As I said, it is a hypothetical that would never happen. However, if it does, I will be happy to tell you at that time how I feel.

Sweet. I am using that with my wife. :cool:

Peter_Spaeth 04-30-2018 01:08 PM

Yeah, see how well that goes over.

mechanicalman 04-30-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldjudge (Post 1771784)
I agree with Leon 100%. Mark did his time and I hope being around the quality guys at Heritage will allow him, over time, the opportunity to repair his reputation.

I’m curious about your stance. When NJ Dunkin admitted his wrongdoing (which was relatively minor in comparison to anything connected with Mastro), you were among the first to write him off with a “bye, Felicia” (which was funny, but that’s not the point.) So after NJ does his “time,” can we rightfully sssume you’d support his reentry into the mainstream so he can rebuild his reputation?

Sam Sw@rtz, but my full name is always in the header

mantlefan 04-30-2018 08:45 PM

HA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buythatcard (Post 1771818)
People should be given second chances in life but not allowed back in the same industry where they committed a crime.

I was shilled by Mastro and I can never forgive anyone who has ripped me off. I worked very hard my whole life to make a living. I am not going to forgive someone who stole money from me.

We should be trying to clean the hobby up. We are not here to give second chances to people who took advantage of us.

I have been a customer of Heritage for several years and now am having second thoughts after hearing who they hired.

I feel the same way, Howard, and I emailed Chris Ivy when this first came out.

Basically Ivy told me to pound sand.

Edited to add:

"Pound Sand"

"The origin of the expression "go pound sand" is from a longer expression, "not to know (have enough sense to) pound sand down a rathole. "Filling rat holes with sand is menial work, and telling someone to pound sand down a hole is like telling them to go fly a kite. The expression dates to at least 1912 and is common in the midwestern United States."

keithsky 05-01-2018 07:30 AM

Just curious I'm wondering if the people that support the guy from Mastro and saying he deserves a second chance and how nice of a guy he is would feel different if they got ripped of by him and the other Mastro guys and lost thousands of dollars. If I got ripped off by Mastro and the boys I sure wouldn't be on here saying nice things about him but that's just me.

ls7plus 05-01-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1771562)
I will put in a good word for Theo. Personally I think he is the epitome of good people can make bad mistakes. I have made bad ones before too and am thankful for a second chance.

A big +1 there! Haven't we all?

Highest regards,

Larry

ls7plus 05-01-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn (Post 1771613)
I agree, but I can't help but think of Frank Abagnale.

Absolutely! Wasn't that some movie with DiCapprio, Brian?

Best wishes always,

Larry

PS: I hope you gain access to the information necessary to thoroughly research your book, Mark. I look forward to reading it!

Kenny Cole 05-01-2018 07:16 PM

Nope. The fact that Heritage hired him simply cements the fact that I won't bid in one of their auctions again. Stuff doesn't always trump everything, nor should it IMO, so I'm out. I'm all for second chances, but not in the same industry where you have already displayed your inability to follow the basic rules that you lie about following. There are simply too many other options available that haven't yet disappointed me.