Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA is slow (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162032)

Touch'EmAll 01-23-2013 02:46 PM

PSA is slow

I sent in one, just one, card to PSA for a correction on a mistake they made - mailed to them Jan. 10th.

So far, no email confirmation from them and no status tracking info on their website. I am getting worried so I called them. They said they did receive the package, but they are extra busy and backlogged, whew.

Same thing happened with me and SGC last year. SGC was immediately on it, emailed me right away, very cordial, and got my corection back to me very quickly.

So why is PSA "apparently" so busy? I wouldn't guess January is a prime big submission month, maybe I am wrong. Have collectors flooded them with thousands upon thousands of T206's, Cracker Jacks, Goudey's and the like? Hard to believe. Or are they flooded with bjillions of the new chrome type cards? Is PSA's card grading business that healthy these days?

Steve Parmentier

Bosox Blair 01-23-2013 02:53 PM

Not to be mean, but...are you serious?

PSA probably got your one card 10 days ago. One card you send for free correction service. And you want to know why they are not all over this as a priority?

Hmmm...should they grade the $5,000.00+ monthly order from 4sharpcorners first, or the sub from this guy who wants one card reholdered for free...let me think...

Leon 01-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100backstroke (Post 1077445)
I sent in one, just one, card to PSA for a correction on a mistake they made - mailed to them Jan. 10th.

So far, no email confirmation from them and no status tracking info on their website. I am getting worried so I called them. They said they did receive the package, but they are extra busy and backlogged, whew.

Same thing happened with me and SGC last year. SGC was immediately on it, emailed me right away, very cordial, and got my corection back to me very quickly.

So why is PSA "apparently" so busy? I wouldn't guess January is a prime big submission month, maybe I am wrong. Have collectors flooded them with thousands upon thousands of T206's, Cracker Jacks, Goudey's and the like? Hard to believe. Or are they flooded with bjillions of the new chrome type cards? Is PSA's card grading business that healthy these days?

Please see my PM to you.....thanks

Touch'EmAll 01-23-2013 03:09 PM

aw, jeez

I was a little worried. I was just kinda at least expecting a simple stock email saying they got my package - a week and a half ago. By the way, it was about a $4,000.00 card, a little extra cause for concern.

Steve Parmentier

Leon 01-23-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100backstroke (Post 1077463)
I was a little worried. I was just kinda at least expecting a simple stock email saying they got my package - a week and a half ago. By the way, it was about a $4,000.00 card, a little extra cause for concern.

Disregarding my message to you is not good for long term membership here....(I guess I missed a PM......all is good now)

T205 GB 01-23-2013 05:28 PM

Nothing new with PSA from what is said by people who use them still. We could have a weekly PSA thread with complaints.

Clutch-Hitter 01-24-2013 09:25 AM

I sent 30 cards to them last month and found 20% of my order was mislabeled (6 cards). I returned them a few weeks ago and they still have not received them, stating I failed to mark the outside of the box with the service level, therefore it would take a while just to receive the order.

I did not know that wanting them to correct their mistakes was a "service level."

But, having said that

1. I've been using them for a long time and have never had an issue other than some mislabeling here and there.

2. The cards I submitted were the most mislabeled cards of all time by all grading companies, PSA, SGC, not sure about BVG - W516's

3. My cards were nowhere near $4,000 in value, so my gripe is a very subtle, patient one, but yours is genuine and understanding.

4. They do more business than the others

5. Why oh why do they not advertize here? I'll never understand that.

Best of luck

calvindog 01-24-2013 10:00 AM

Why are excuses made for PSA when they screw up? Why do they provide service levels which require extra money for quicker service -- and then don't deliver? I don't understand why the failure to abide by their own very rules should go unpunished. They get away with it because they aren't criticized enough for that practice.

Peter_Spaeth 01-24-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1077754)
Why are excuses made for PSA when they screw up? Why do they provide service levels which require extra money for quicker service -- and then don't deliver? I don't understand why the failure to abide by their own very rules should go unpunished. They get away with it because they aren't criticized enough for that practice.

Or because people prefer them to the alternatives.