Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buying Restriction? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=188642)

wazoo 05-28-2014 06:55 PM

Buying Restriction?

Hi all!
I've been an eBay user for many years now, and thankfully have had no issues--until now. I currently have no bids on items, no best offers, etc. I very very very rarely retract bids or best offers as well. I tried bidding on a Rube Marquard autograph (which I lost, thanks glitch) because it keeps saying I have a buying restriction because I have too many bids going on currently (which I don't!). I don't know what to do or what's going on? Any help? Thanks!

clydepepper 05-28-2014 07:04 PM

Did you change your password yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1281669)
Hi all!
I've been an eBay user for many years now, and thankfully have had no issues--until now. I currently have no bids on items, no best offers, etc. I very very very rarely retract bids or best offers as well. I tried bidding on a Rube Marquard autograph (which I lost, thanks glitch) because it keeps saying I have a buying restriction because I have too many bids going on currently (which I don't!). I don't know what to do or what's going on? Any help? Thanks!

- don't know if it could be related, but worth a try

wazoo 05-28-2014 07:12 PM

Yes I did.

caramelcard 05-28-2014 07:13 PM

I'd try to call them. Maybe someone hacked into your account before you changed the password.

Peter_Spaeth 05-28-2014 07:20 PM

Bad karma. :)

wazoo 05-28-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelcard (Post 1281682)
I'd try to call them. Maybe someone hacked into your account before you changed the password.

Wouldn't I know? I don't see anyone else's items that I didn't bid on. I don't know.

arc2q 05-28-2014 07:33 PM

I don't know if the system is smart enough, but check your linked Paypal account. You have to have a credit card linked to that PP account even if money is drawn from a bank account. It is possible the card has expired and you need to update.

peterose4hof 05-28-2014 07:42 PM

Do you normally pay with paypal? Have you recently won multiple items and not paid for them yet? I ask because a friend of mine will only pay for his eBay winnings with money orders and he has been restricted from bidding at times when he has won several items that had not been marked paid because payment was in route.

wazoo 05-28-2014 07:43 PM

Paypal

And I always pay promptly so no...Hmm...

peterose4hof 05-28-2014 08:00 PM

I would definitely contact eBay customer service then. Sounds like a glitch in their software.

One other thought...was this item being offered by a seller that you often bid with. Twice I was unable to bid on a item from one of my favorite sellers and after the fact was told my bidding pattern was red-flagged for possible shillbidding. This was a few years ago and based on some of the threads on net54 I am shocked that eBay has any sort of system in place to combat shilling.

Bocabirdman 05-28-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazoo (Post 1281698)
Paypal

And I always pay promptly so no...Hmm...

Waz...Get on the horn with eBay and put it to bed.....

Republicaninmass 05-28-2014 08:23 PM

shopping in the 21+ area again?

wazoo 05-28-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1281716)

Yup got meeeee

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards 05-28-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1281716)

This one made me laugh :)

D. Bergin 05-28-2014 09:25 PM

Been a lot of glitches in the system since the whole re-boot from hacking change. I bought something today and immediately got a message from Paypal that I changed my address (which I did a month ago), and that I paid from a "Gift" account and not a "Primary" account.

If I wanted to make it my Primary account, to go to my profile and update my address, which I did a month ago, and I could find nothing that needed updating no matter how hard I looked.

I decided it would work itself out, until it actually becomes a problem, I guess.

savedfrommyspokes 05-29-2014 05:08 AM

Have you tried bidding on any other items, or just this one item? If this is the only item you have bid on, the seller of the item may have you on their blocked bidders list. I would try bidding on another item from another seller to see if this may be the case.

pawpawdiv9 05-29-2014 04:57 PM

Block buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account

PayPal account holders have up to an 80% lower Unpaid Item rate.

Have received Number of unpaid item cases unpaid item case(s) within Unpaid item case(s) duration limit month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to

Have Number of maximum violation reports policy violation report(s) within Violation report(s) duration limit month(s)

Have a feedback score equal to or lower than Minimum feedback score limit

Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit of Maximum number of items limit

Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score equal to or lower than Maximum feedback score limit

Control the number of items a single buyer can purchase.

Eric72 05-29-2014 06:26 PM

I would be surprised if Wazoo fits into any of those categories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1282020)
Block buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account

PayPal account holders have up to an 80% lower Unpaid Item rate.

Have received Number of unpaid item cases unpaid item case(s) within Unpaid item case(s) duration limit month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to

Have Number of maximum violation reports policy violation report(s) within Violation report(s) duration limit month(s)

Have a feedback score equal to or lower than Minimum feedback score limit

Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit of Maximum number of items limit

Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score equal to or lower than Maximum feedback score limit

Control the number of items a single buyer can purchase.

steve B 05-30-2014 08:45 AM

Why would anyone want to limit the number of items someone buys? As long as they're paid for a sale is what a seller wants right?

Although I have run into this at an antique shop.
"you can't buy all of those, you have to leave some for other people" :confused:

Steve B