Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NYC Dinner Thread (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255477)

ullmandds 05-25-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1780251)
Would love to meet you Pete. So let's for sure try to get this locked in for June. We'll give this thread a couple of days for names to be added, then focus on the particulars.

likewise barry.

Snapolit1 05-25-2018 06:44 AM

I'd love to join, but end of June is crazy with work, moving out of our house, and some family medical stuff that's up in the air. But please keep my on the invite list and I will try my dammest to make it.

barrysloate 05-25-2018 06:58 AM

Hi Steve- all you have to do is follow this thread, and when we eventually pick a date, if somehow it works just give a shout that you're in. Even when we all get to the restaurant, we often have one or two extras showing up and that's fine. You're already invited, so it depends entirely on your ability to make it. Hope it works out.

ullmandds 05-25-2018 07:02 AM

I propose mid juin!

Snapolit1 05-25-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1780261)
Hi Steve- all you have to do is follow this thread, and when we eventually pick a date, if somehow it works just give a shout that you're in. Even when we all get to the restaurant, we often have one or two extras showing up and that's fine. You're already invited, so it depends entirely on your ability to make it. Hope it works out.

Thanks.

barrysloate 05-25-2018 07:31 AM

I was actually thinking of Saturday June 23. That's only a starting point and can easily be changed. How does that work for people? Remember, this is a work in progress so nothing is final.

boneheadandrube 05-25-2018 07:33 AM

Hi Barry, how much will the average dinner at the restaurant likely cost, and will there be any cheapskates? :D

ullmandds 05-25-2018 07:37 AM

As of this minute june 23 works for moi.

barrysloate 05-25-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneheadandrube (Post 1780274)
Hi Barry, how much will the average dinner at the restaurant likely cost, and will there be any cheapskates? :D

I hear you...and I wish I knew your first name. Some of our dinners get a little pricey and for some that's difficult. If you want to join us and have a budget, kick in what you can and we will be able to cover you. That said, I wouldn't mind an affordable place. I usually don't pick it, but hopefully it won't be super expensive.

barrysloate 05-25-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1780278)
As of this minute june 23 works for moi.

Great. So as a starting point, how do people feel about June 23? I know Scott wanted to get theatre tickets, so if that day is available he can join us say at 6:00 and head to the play when he has to. So let's hear from everyone about the 23rd. And there are still people who may want to come who have yet to see this thread, so we're still early in the process.