Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My experience with LOTG (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249878)

Moonlight Graham 01-08-2018 07:47 PM

Add me to that list as well-Al is the man. And he runs a great auction house too!!

Joe K

Kenny Cole 01-08-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric72 (Post 1736777)
add me to the list of net54 members who have had nothing but positive experiences with lotg. I am confident that al will make this right.

+1000

sycks22 01-08-2018 07:54 PM

I'm more concerned that if someone got extra cards in their package they never returned them to Al. I've only had great experiences with Al and his company.

the-illini 01-08-2018 07:54 PM

Al is one of the best people in the hobby and his auction house is as reputable as you will find. He clearly made a mistake but I would bet my collection on him doing right by it.

Chris Bland

shagrotn77 01-08-2018 07:59 PM

I don't agree with the OP starting this thread, but I'm glad he did. Anyone in the hobby who wasn't already familiar with Al can now read all the glowing things people have to say about him - things that are 100% true. There are, unfortunately, a lot of bad guys in this hobby. Al is absolutely not one of them.

orly57 01-08-2018 07:59 PM

Obviously, Al is well-respected by the members of this forum. It is also clear that anyone can make a mistake. But I don't think we need to belittle the OP's feelings here. I don't know how common or rare the card he purchased may be, but I think he has every reason to be angry that he's not getting the card he purchased. And getting his money back isn't going to change that. So while I think that the support for Al is wonderful, and extremely telling of the kind of guy he is, I don't think it's right to write-off the OP completely and make him seem irrational. I know I would be extremely angry if I bought a card and it was lost, and I know that some of Al's defenders here would be too. Maybe we need to stop treating issues as black and white, right and wrong, true and false. Al is a great guy. LOTG is an amazing AH. And the OP has every right to be pissed off.

botport 01-08-2018 08:04 PM

Orlando...

Thank you.

FH

conor912 01-08-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 1736788)
I'm more concerned that if someone got extra cards in their package they never returned them to Al. I've only had great experiences with Al and his company.

This was my thought. How does this work? If you receive something that isn't yours and don't give it back, is it considered stealing?

Al, any clue as to which package it might have mistakenly been added to?

glchen 01-08-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1736793)
Obviously, Al is well-respected by the members of this forum. It is also clear that anyone can make a mistake. But I don't think we need to belittle the OP's feelings here. I don't know how common or rare the card he purchased may be, but I think he has every reason to be angry that he's not getting the card he purchased. And getting his money back isn't going to change that. So while I think that the support for Al is wonderful, and extremely telling of the kind of guy he is, I don't think it's right to write-off the OP completely and make him seem irrational. I know I would be extremely angry if I bought a card and it was lost, and I know that some of Al's defenders here would be too. Maybe we need to stop treating issues as black and white, right and wrong, true and false. Al is a great guy. LOTG is an amazing AH. And the OP has every right to be pissed off.

+1

frankbmd 01-08-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orly57 (Post 1736793)

+1

Hard to imagine that all the posters would feel the same if they were in the OPs shoes. Just sayin’.........