Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How did your team finish the regular season? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=128419)

3and2 10-04-2010 05:25 PM

How did your team finish the regular season?

My beloved NY Mets laid a giant goose egg. They finished in 4th place w/ a record of 79-83.

Today, ownership held a press conference and released the GM and won't renew the manager's contract.

Once again the Phillies & Yankees are in the post season. I'd like to see the Cincinnati Reds make a push...I hope their pitching is up to the task.

Anyway, I hope the Mets can make some moves this off season. this team is a total mess.

HRBAKER 10-04-2010 05:26 PM

NL Wildcard, should be a short playoff run though.

tolstoi 10-04-2010 05:34 PM

Oakland a"s

50/50? I feel like they are undecisive, they aren't sure if they want to be winners or losers.

oriolesbb6 10-04-2010 06:06 PM

Oh Well

The curse of Albert Belle lives on--O's in last...

baseball tourist 10-04-2010 06:18 PM

The Jays...

Some say they overachieved...but with big things expected from Lind and Hill after breakout 2009 campaigns, I say they could have taken a real shot at a WC slot, if those 2 guys had hit at all consistantly.

Scott Garner 10-05-2010 04:44 AM

The Angels and Tigers both ended up in mediocrity- around .500 teams this year although I do feel that the Tigs will produce the AL Rookie of the Year Austin Jackson.

My prediction is that I believe that we may see a Phillies/Twins World Series this year FWIW.

mr2686 10-05-2010 05:28 AM

The Padres found a way to overachieve yet disappoint. Overall though a good year and a chance to see some young players develop.

Ladder7 10-05-2010 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Two WSCs in one lifetime... Reckon I shunt be too greedy.

steve B 10-05-2010 08:03 AM

89-73 third place. Not a great year, but not a bad one either.

Plus my long time assertion that the Pawtucket Red Sox could be competitive in the majors was finally proven.

Steve B

mcgwirecom 10-05-2010 06:18 PM

Lifelong Phillies fan

97 wins, best record in baseball. After a year filled with loads of injuries they really came together at the end. Hopefully will carry through the playoffs. I want to meet the Yankees again. It seems like if you don't beat the Yanks in the series you get no respect. I will be at game 6 if we make it. I predicted a sweep in the NLDS, 5 games in the NLCS and 6 games in te Series.

RichardSimon 10-05-2010 07:26 PM

My team just fired their manager and general manager.
But I have adapted the SF Giants for the postseason and hope for a long run. They were my team many years ago.
And my football team is kicking butt and taking no prisoners.
Coach Ryan will lead the Jets to the Super Bowl !!
--

esd10 10-05-2010 07:41 PM

i hope the reds do well they play a very tough philly team but they have the power and if the pitchers play well i think they have a chance. GO REDS

thenavarro 10-05-2010 09:54 PM

My Rangers start the playoffs tomorrow against Tampa Bay. Hoping for our first ever playoff series win and hoping to win 11 games this post season. I'll be in the house when they return to Texas. I feel they have a legitimate chance, but I'm admittedly biased. :)

Mike

perezfan 10-06-2010 12:11 AM

Go Reds! I know they're big underdogs, but figure the odds of beating Philly in a short series are greater than beating out the Cardinals and winning their first Division title in 15 years.

I remember just like yesterday, a poll on ESPN in 1990. Every "expert" they interviewed unanimously picked Pittsburgh over Cincy in the NLCS. Not only did the Reds make quick work of Bonds and the Pirates... they went on to sweep the heavily favored (and seemingly unbeatable) A's in the World Series.

So you never know ;)