Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Buy/Sell/Trade question ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=263554)

Directly 12-20-2018 04:29 PM

Buy/Sell/Trade question ?

I have made a few small buys on this site paying through Paypal.

I have not made a substantial purchase or sale through the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
_______

Question: If Buying or selling a item in the thousands, what is the preferred safe method of payment --if using either Paypal options, and a unexpected issue pops up, I believe my credit card provider will get involved for up to two years after the transaction regardless of the Paypal option used.

Any input from other collectors doing business on this or other sites the safest/best hassle free preferred payment methods?

Leon 12-20-2018 04:37 PM

First of all as you know it's caveat emptor on this forum. Anyone can always pm me and I can help verify a member. I have phone numbers so can pick up the phone and call. That has always been a good way to verify someone, as a last resort.
Many people on this site know each other or can see the posts made by the user and get an idea if they ok to deal with. As for Paypal if you use regular paypal you have their guarantee. I would be a bit surprised to see a 2 yrs window on a cc for a chargeback, I would probably verify that if I were you. Normally they are 6-12 mos from what I have seen. I use Paypal almost all of the time. If it is a very large purchase I am not against writing a check and letting the other person hold till clear, but it's been many years since I did that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1838190)

I have not made a substantial purchase or sale through the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
_______

Question: If Buying or selling a item in the thousands, what is the preferred safe method of payment --if using either Paypal options, and a unexpected issue pops up, I believe my credit card provider will get involved for up to two years after the transaction regardless of the Paypal option used.

Any input from other collectors doing business on this or other sites the safest/best hassle free preferred payment methods?

Jim65 12-20-2018 05:55 PM

Never send PayPal friends and family, you give up all protections if you do. I'd rather pay the extra fees.

A while ago on a different board, I bought an item that was lost in the mail and the seller refused to reimburse me, he was a well respected member but he felt that since he proved he mailed the item, which he did, his responsibility was done and I was out a few hundred dollars. I vowed to always protect myself no matter who the seller was, its nothing personal.

bnorth 12-20-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 1838190)

_______

Regular PayPal with a note attached with an exact amount of days that you can return the item with a full refund.

Any other option like a reference might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but in reality is completely worthless. The return part is also very important so it can't be considered an "as is" sale.

Saying that I have made a ton of purchases on here with no problems and send checks or cash.