Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Authentic Hank Aaron? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=263583)

Case12 12-21-2018 04:32 PM

Authentic Hank Aaron?

1 Attachment(s)
I appreciate your opinions. The H looks different but like some I have seen depending on what year he was signing.

Case12 12-21-2018 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully a better pic.

Bigdaddy 12-21-2018 04:39 PM

I don't like it.

jgmp123 12-22-2018 08:58 AM

very slowly drawn. I'd pass

Case12 12-22-2018 01:36 PM

The guy is fine giving my money back but swears he stood in front of Hank and had him sign it to him (Dave). I know there is a sucker born every minute. But why would someone faked a personalized ball? There is actually more letters to analyze. Like in this one the Best Wishes looks quite close to those I have seen. Also, wouldn't a personalized ball with the person there be signed slower and with some variability to fit everything in? I am interested in learning. Full disclosure: I bought it for $24 from a person (who I don't know), who says he was there. Doesn't sound like the typical scam?

jgmp123 12-22-2018 02:32 PM

$24 for a signed (even personalized) Hank Aaron Ball sounds like a typical scam...take a step back and look at the whole presentation of the ball...real or not, it looks drawn. No consistent flow, just carefully drawn. Again, just my opinion.

Case12 12-22-2018 02:49 PM

Fair enough. At least I get my money back. I really do like quirky things to have fun with and learn. Anybody can get a beautiful PSA on the seet spot for a few more bucks. The hunt is the fun part for me.

w7imel 12-22-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1838773)
The guy is fine giving my money back but swears he stood in front of Hank and had him sign it to him (Dave). I know there is a sucker born every minute. But why would someone faked a personalized ball? There is actually more letters to analyze. Like in this one the Best Wishes looks quite close to those I have seen. Also, wouldn't a personalized ball with the person there be signed slower and with some variability to fit everything in? I am interested in learning. Full disclosure: I bought it for $24 from a person (who I don't know), who says he was there. Doesn't sound like the typical scam?

Hanks autograph has deteriorated over the years and I agree who would only chare 24 bucks and go to all the trouble of personalizing.:confused:

w7imel 12-22-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Looks pretty typical of all the exampliers I looked up when he signs on side panel and adds "best Wishes"..Im going to lean toward real...

mr2686 12-22-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1838785)
Fair enough. At least I get my money back. I really do like quirky things to have fun with and learn. Anybody can get a beautiful PSA on the seet spot for a few more bucks. The hunt is the fun part for me.

That's great, and you SHOULD have fun with the hobby...especially the hunt. With that said, just make sure you don't wake up in a few years (after you have more experience) and realize you have a bunch of questionable autographs. There is nothing worse than looking at your collection, and instead of enjoying it, having nagging doubts. Good luck.

Fuddjcal 12-23-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

LOL...fake as HELL, PERIOD

Bigdaddy 12-23-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

But why would someone fake a personalized ball?

Played out in homes across the US:

Dad: "Hey son, look what I got for you on my business trip to Atlanta (or insert another city here). A ball signed to you by Hank Aaron (insert another celeb here)." Really signed by his buddy on the trip.

Son: "Gee, thanks Dad. How did you know Hank was my favorite player?"

40 years later -

Son: "I'd like to sell my Hank Aaron signed ball. Got it in person in Atlanta"

No willing intent to defraud. Just passing along a ghost/secretary/ballboy/pre-print ball that the original owner thought was real.

Not saying that is the case here, but I'm sure it has happened many, many times.

bnorth 12-24-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Yes actually is does sound exactly like the typical scam. LOL, what part of a $24 Hank Aaron ball does not sound like a scam?

Once everyone realizes scammers are not only doing big ticket items but are also selling $2 forgeries the hobby will be in a much better place.:)

Case12 12-24-2018 09:01 AM

Many thanks all. I also have a PSA HA ball, so I am good. Just never know what you may find digging around....

Exhibitman 12-29-2018 09:11 PM

$3 bill of a signature.

Case12 12-31-2018 11:00 AM

It came with a plastic globe and wooden stand. At least I can reuse that. Lol. The dog will love chewing on the ball.