Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My experience with LOTG (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249878)

vintagetoppsguy 01-13-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1738264)
Wow. That’s what we call a teaser in the film industry. Not that I am in the film industry. No way this baby is ending anytime soon.

Not a teaser. I said last night that I have a lot more to say. Whether or not it ends anytime soon is up to others.

Peter_Spaeth 01-13-2018 08:08 AM

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but David's post sounds like, stop defending Al or I'll make you wish you hadn't. That seems inappropriate. On the other hand, the how dare you question Al posts are also inappropriate. David, if you have relevant information, I think you should put it out there and we can evaluate it.

111gecko 01-13-2018 08:10 AM

Info

Are they bombs, grenades, or firecrackers?
If they really are bombs, let’s have it..

vintagetoppsguy 01-13-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1738266)
David, if you have relevant information, I think you should put it out there and we can evaluate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 111gecko (Post 1738268)
If they really are bombs, let’s have it..

I'm not going to keep this thread going for entertainment purposes. Whether is stays going is up to others.

Peter_Spaeth 01-13-2018 08:29 AM

Who said anything about entertainment? If you have information relevant to the community's assessment of the issues you should put it out there, rather than just calling attention to yourself ("I have two bombs to drop") and putting the onus on others.

Stonepony 01-13-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1738277)
Who said anything about entertainment? If you have information relevant to the community's assessment of the issues you should put it out there, rather than just calling attention to yourself ("I have two bombs to drop") and putting the onus on others.

Agreed, the sanctimonious post about how you had explosive information to share but were too righteous to do so.... yet then repeatedly letting us know you have such information is a real eye roller.

frankbmd 01-13-2018 08:39 AM

Dulcolax may help.

rainier2004 01-13-2018 08:40 AM

It sounds to me that David may be referring to a certain person or persons to simply shut up or he will drop the bombs...is this blackmail? Ie, I have this information and you will do this or I will ruin someone?

vintagetoppsguy 01-13-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1738286)
It sounds to me that David may be referring to a certain person or persons to simply shut up or he will drop the bombs...is this blackmail? Ie, I have this information and you will do this or I will ruin someone?

You guys are reading way too much into this. I mentioned last night that I had more information to share. Re-read post #310. All I'm saying is that I'm going to shut up about the matter. If Al's defenders want to do the same, we can let this thread die. If not, well that's up to them.

frohme 01-13-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 1738138)
LMFAO!

Thank you Jeff. Thank you.

+1 - I had to stop and clear coffee off my screen ... classic!

rainier2004 01-13-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1738103)
Last night, a board member emailed me a pic - a pic they said would corroborate Al's story. They asked me not to share it publically. Well, I'm a man of integrity and I haven't shared it publically or privately - not even a description of the pic. I kept it totally to myself. Here's the kicker. The pic that was supposed to corroborate Al's story, actually shreds it to pieces.

Post the damn pic and let's end this.

It's funny how so many people came to Al's defense, but the two that could have confirmed everything - the member that got the 10 cards by mistake and the other member that got the OM and damaged it - well we haven't heard from them at all. Nobody else finds that odd?

Again, post the damn pic.

So who has the pic?

MK 01-13-2018 10:21 AM

I became hooked on this thread two days ago. Thanks to all involved. It's been like binge watching Breaking Bad. If you could guarantee me this thread (or one just as interesting) would run non-stop, I could cancel my Direct TV subscription and save a lot of money.

rainier2004 01-13-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1738119)
The two people who are involved in that don’t want to be involved here in Net54, and since I am an honorable man I would never post “the damn pic” without their permission. Seriously it’s a box with dated labels and a tracking number that absolutely 100% corroborates Al’s story. The tracking number gives away the hometown of the guy who accidentally received the cards. There is no way it’s getting posted and you know that.

Cant some personal info just be covered and the pic exposed? I mean, this what David is hinging everything on, why not just end all of this so Al can go on being the honest AH owner we know he is? Like many others, I feel like I am really really missing something here..

There was no OM brown...
Cards were accidentally shipped to the wrong person...
LOTG got the cards regarded which seems like the right thing...
What possibly could be in this pic?

iowadoc77 01-13-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainier2004 (Post 1738318)
Cant some personal info just be covered and the pic exposed? I mean, this what David is hinging everything on, why not just end all of this so Al can go on being the honest AH owner we know he is? Like many others, I feel like I am really really missing something here..

There was no OM brown...
Cards were accidentally shipped to the wrong person...
LOTG got the cards regarded which seems like the right thing...
What possibly could be in this pic?

Miss Scarlet in the dining room with the revolver of course!

ElCabron 01-13-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1738258)
I still have 2 more bombs to drop.

It’s hard to follow what you’re saying, David, because you’re jumping around a lot. Maybe you should check yo self. Are you saying word to your moms, you came to drop bombs, you got more rhymes than the Bible’s got psalms? Or that you’re droppin bombs on ya moms, f**k car alarms?

But seriously, I admire you’re dedication to campaigning, but I promise you, even though we’re only two weeks into the new year, you’ve already locked up the Net54 “Biggest Douche of 2018” award. There’s not going to be any legitimate competetition. You can stop posting any time. You’ve already won.

-Ryan

conor912 01-13-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCabron (Post 1738325)
It’s hard to follow what you’re saying, David, because you’re jumping around a lot. Maybe you should check yo self. Are you saying word to your moms, you came to drop bombs, you got more rhymes than the Bible’s got psalms? Or that you’re droppin bombs on ya moms, f**k car alarms?

But seriously, I admire you’re dedication to campaigning, but I promise you, even though we’re only two weeks into the new year, you’ve already locked up the Net54 “Biggest Douche of 2018” award. There’s not going to be any legitimate competetition. You can stop posting any time. You’ve already won.

-Ryan

...unless it's just another bombtrack.

1952boyntoncollector 01-13-2018 11:43 AM

I been off for a day or so. Guess i was wrong to think that there may of been more than just providing ALL the cards to the OP plus offering more given what I read. I had thought it may of at least appeared more complicated than that. Sorry to question that. Guess i was wrong.

1952boyntoncollector 01-13-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1738089)
I think the postmark is dated for the same day this thread was started at 8:30 PM. So I think without question the check was mailed before this thread was started. Unless you know of a post office open that late.

So now please tell me what does Al gain by not sending out a lot of common T206 cards. And I can only think that with you keeping this conspiracy going that you, Orlando and perhaps the OP who is sending you scans of the envelope must think he was getting a brown Old Mill card in that lot.

Edited to add: I didn’t include Jake Lieberman because I’m not even sure he knows what he thinks. What law school allowed that guy to graduate???

If you stamp your own mail at home or office you can manipulate the time pretty easily for backdating etc. Not saying that happened but just general knowledge in those situations when not done at the post office.

Thanks for not including me. Like i stated earlier, sorry for questioning the process early on.

bijoem 01-13-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 1738228)
Hi Joe- NYC Dinner Thread?

Michael - I haven't been here in a while.... but if I remember correctly, just about any thread is vulnerable to turning into a NYC Dinner Thread.

slidekellyslide 01-13-2018 05:02 PM

I have the pic of the box the cards were returned in that includes a tracking number. Al sent it to me so I could provide it to David so he could get over this conspiracy theory. I will not post it here because the tracking number would likely give away the person who received the cards and he does not want to be involved and there is no need for him to be involved. The tracking number and dates corroborate Al's story, I guess it's up to you guys if you want to believe the "Bomb dropper" or Al.

CMIZ5290 01-13-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1738258)
I agree. For the record, I have never met Al, have never dealt with Al (as far as I can remember) and have no axe to grind with him. Let me be crystal clear. I don't think Al is a bad guy - maybe a little shady, but I don't think he's a crook. It was never personal. It wasn't a smear campaign against Al.

On the other hand, this thread quickly turned to a smear campaign against the OP and I just wasn't going to let that happen. He did nothing wrong. I've never met the OP either. I think I may have dealt with him in the past (his name sounds familar), but I really don't remember. Either way, I would have done the same thing for anybody who was wrongfully attacked.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread can be over with and done. But if those that keep running their mouths want to continue to do so, we can keep it going. Let me be crystal clear about something else. I still have 2 more bombs to drop. I'm willing to keep those to myself and keep my mouth shut and nothing more will ever be said. But if some want to continue this we can. It doesn't matter to me.

Over or done? It's y'alls choice.

David, really???

Jacklitsch 01-13-2018 06:27 PM

I know who A, B and M are but who is this Al guy?

steve B 01-13-2018 06:28 PM

Not to be read as any sort of judgement, just a look at the envelope from a stamp collector.

That cancel is mostly illegible. But like anything post office around the holidays stuff can and does get messed up.
here's what it should look like.
https://jochim.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/sam_0790.jpg

Depending on when it went in the box, and the pickup schedule of the box, it could have been cancelled later than mailed.

The DV Daniels is a distribution center, located in Kearney.
Most mailboxes have the last pickup at 4:30 or so, a lot in that part of NJ are 4:30 so a letter dropped after that on the 29th wouldn't be picked up until Saturday the 30th.
Sunday, Monday is the 31st, Tuesday the 1st, so the first likely day it got dealt with at the processing center would be the 2nd. If the box wasn't collected - shouldn't happen, but shorthanded on a holiday? Maybe. It would be the same.

Oddly, I can't read that cancel as 02 Jan.

But the 8th or 9th shouldn't be correct either, as the last day for the happy holidays cancel was supposed to be the 5th
https://about.usps.com/holidaynews/postmarks.htm

A bit of a puzzle, If I was looking at the envelope for my collection, I might set it aside as a possible late use of the computer generated cancel.

steve B 01-13-2018 06:29 PM

Sorry for the giant pic, I guess the bit of the website it's on that makes it a reasonable size but enlargeable didn't translate.

vintagetoppsguy 01-13-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1738435)
I have the pic of the box the cards were returned in that includes a tracking number. Al sent it to me so I could provide it to David so he could get over this conspiracy theory. I will not post it here because the tracking number would likely give away the person who received the cards and he does not want to be involved and there is no need for him to be involved. The tracking number and dates corroborate Al's story, I guess it's up to you guys if you want to believe the "Bomb dropper" or Al.

I gave you a chance to drop this, but obviously you're just not that smart. I don't need the tracking number to make my point. If that's you're excuse, edit out the tracking number and post the pic. You'd been better off keeping your stupid mouth shut.

Kenny Cole 01-13-2018 06:51 PM

Please let this thread die like it already should have. There is no further point to me made and everyone who has felt the need to voice their opinion has had their chance. Now it has just devolved into a collection of silly comments and guys who feel the need to engage in dick measuring. Please let it go.

vintagebaseballcardguy 01-13-2018 07:13 PM

Welp...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fc599ff358.gif

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RedsFan1941 01-13-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1738461)
Sorry for the giant pic, I guess the bit of the website it's on that makes it a reasonable size but enlargeable didn't translate.

How about deleting it then?

steve B 01-13-2018 09:58 PM

Maybe tomorrow when I have some time to download/resize/upload etc.

Or if it bugs you that much you could repost it smaller and I'll delete the big one:)

Wite3 01-13-2018 11:35 PM

Leon...
Why?

the 'stache 01-14-2018 12:14 AM

Here you go, Steve. I resized it, and played with the levels in Photoshop so it was easier to read.

https://i.imgur.com/dC8tZZn.png

As for this discussion, I've actually spent the last hour reading each post. Mistakes happen, guys. We live in an imperfect world. I've not yet done business with Al, but would not hesitate to do so. In a hobby where there are so many unscrupulous people, Al is one of the truly good guys. He's earned the benefit of the doubt with his professionalism, and the transparency he's exhibited here is refreshing.

I understand the OP's frustration, and perhaps posting this did expedite the resolution of the issue at hand. But we have to always remember that, when an issue like this arises, it is not just one person who is affected. And, when we go public, we run the risk of damaging the reputation of the principles involved. And then things can quickly spiral out of control; piling on happens, and bickering and infighting that should be beneath all of us ensues.

1952boyntoncollector 01-14-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1738546)
Here you go, Steve. I resized it, and played with the levels in Photoshop so it was easier to read.

As for this discussion, I've actually spent the last hour reading each post. Mistakes happen, guys. We live in an imperfect world. I've not yet done business with Al, but would not hesitate to do so. In a hobby where there are so many unscrupulous people, Al is one of the truly good guys. He's earned the benefit of the doubt with his professionalism, and the transparency he's exhibited here is refreshing.

I understand the OP's frustration, and perhaps posting this did expedite the resolution of the issue at hand. But we have to always remember that, when an issue like this arises, it is not just one person who is affected. And, when we go public, we run the risk of damaging the reputation of the principles involved. And then things can quickly spiral out of control; piling on happens, and bickering and infighting that should be beneath all of us ensues.

right that's why if I was an AH and made a mistake I would communicate fast with the concerned buyer and be transparent to avoid them posting on a forum. If the concerned buyer posted after just a few days or was threatening to post after a day or so etc, I do think the plight of the auction house and their post mistake actions would have been universally defended. Guess lesson learned for all

RedsFan1941 01-14-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the 'stache (Post 1738546)
I understand the OP's frustration, and perhaps posting this did expedite the resolution of the issue at hand.

"perhaps"? cards that went missing for a month suddenly were found. a refund check that hadn't arrived in nearly two weeks was received. both after this thread was started.

Snapolit1 01-14-2018 05:40 PM

Look, this thread has jumped the shark big time.

Last year I gave Al a $30,000 card that I thought was undergraded. He agreed to submit it and paid out of his pocket to have it looked at. They came back and said they wouldn't change the grade. Card was listed. Al literally had the nicest card in my collection for 3 months. Never for one second did I have a modicum of concern about where the card was. Because Al's integrity is beyond question.

And if I'm not mistaken this thread is about a missing $25 card. What utter bullsh*T. Let me see if I understand this:

Al sells a few million dollars of cards a year. He has a tremendous amount of respect in the industry. But is going to risk all of that over a $25 card?

Ask your self if that makes any sense. It doesn't.

Move on. Mistakes happen. This has just gotten stupid on top of stupid. And I have no issue with the OP. When things go wrong we get frustrated. I get it. But enough with the silly conspiracy theories.

Kawika 01-14-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1738764)
Move on. Mistakes happen. This has just gotten stupid on top of stupid. And I have no issue with the OP. When things go wrong we get frustrated. I get it. But enough with the silly conspiracy theories.

This. Al has done more for the hobby than the Axle of Asshattery and all the other ankle-biters combined. You guys are just making yourselves look neurotic. LOTG is an honest AH. That is an article of faith with me. More than you can say for a lot of the competition. There was a perfect storm of little screw-ups; it does not make Al "shady". Give the man a break. Would love to see this thread locked.

1952boyntoncollector 01-14-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 1738774)
This. Al has done more for the hobby than the Axle of Asshattery and all the other ankle-biters combined. You guys are just making yourselves look neurotic. LOTG is an honest AH. That is an article of faith with me. More than you can say for a lot of the competition. There was a perfect storm of little screw-ups; it does not make Al "shady". Give the man a break. Would love to see this thread locked.

It doesn't appear after all the explanations that anything was 'shady' but it does appear some explanations were needed. Cant fault people for questioning some things. The listing description in the auction listing may of also been not quite accurate as well which was yet another issue.

Everyone is not black or white. Great people or companies make mistakes which doesn't define them. However, when mistakes happen transparency and explanations may be necessary according to at least some people

Snapolit1 01-14-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1738777)
It doesn't appear after all the explanations that anything was 'shady' but it does appear some explanations were needed. Cant fault people for questioning some things. The listing description in the auction listing may of also been not quite accurate as well which was yet another issue.

Everyone is not black or white. Great people or companies make mistakes which doesn't define them. However, when mistakes happen transparency and explanations may be necessary according to at least some people

I agree. Good people make mistakes. An explanations were given. But for one or two people they were never enough. Started to feel like Kennedy and the grassy knoll here, 9/11 truthers, or the "faked" moon landing. Every time an explanation was given some one countered with a what if. Really enough.

CMIZ5290 01-14-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika (Post 1738774)

+1 David, great post...

Leon 01-14-2018 06:36 PM

As far as I can tell everything has been worked out by the most vested parties. I am going to take my good friend Kawika's advice and let this thread die a dignified death. If anyone can't live with this decision please pm me and we can chat about it. Thanks all.