Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Questions about the NBA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224083)

SmokyBurgess 06-17-2016 07:40 AM

Questions about the NBA

1. Is the NBA comish a space alien?

2. If Harrison Barnes threw a dirty mouthpiece, would he play game 7?

3. Is there still an on-going debate over best team: Warriors this year or the 70 win Bulls team? (Think it has been settled)

TUM301 06-17-2016 01:10 PM

Nba

The best team, I`d take my chances with the "86" Celtics in a 7 game series against any team in NBA history. Just my 2 cents. As far as a suspension for Curry, don`t think it reached that level and besides this series and the league has already raised a few eye brows.

pariah1107 06-17-2016 01:38 PM

This NBA Finals has been a total sham. The suspension of Draymond Green in Game 5, and the blatantly one-sided officiating in Game 6 that got Curry in early foul trouble and an inevitable ejection. Defamed NBA referee Tim Donahue would be proud of the way Commissioner Adam Silver and his cronies are handling the action to force a Game 7. Series should have been over in 5, but they obviously want the $$$ a Game 7 will generate. Six pathetic, non-competitive games because the outcome has been pre-determined, might as well play the Globe Trotters.

As for best team in NBA history, the Warriors will never be in the class of the 1980's Lakers or Celtics, and certainly not the 1995-96 Bulls. I'd compare them to the early 1980's 76ers franchise, or the Bad Boys. They have been entertaining to watch this season, and are far better 2 thru 12 than the Cavs (with the exception of Lebron).

chaddurbin 06-17-2016 02:21 PM

c'mon ty you're better than this...don't be the tin-foil hat guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pariah1107 (Post 1551910)
This NBA Finals has been a total sham. The suspension of Draymond Green in Game 5, and the blatantly one-sided officiating in Game 6 that got Curry in early foul trouble and an inevitable ejection. Defamed NBA referee Tim Donahue would be proud of the way Commissioner Adam Silver and his cronies are handling the action to force a Game 7. Series should have been over in 5, but they obviously want the $$$ a Game 7 will generate. Six pathetic, non-competitive games because the outcome has been pre-determined, might as well play the Globe Trotters.

As for best team in NBA history, the Warriors will never be in the class of the 1980's Lakers or Celtics, and certainly not the 1995-96 Bulls. I'd compare them to the early 1980's 76ers franchise, or the Bad Boys. They have been entertaining to watch this season, and are far better 2 thru 12 than the Cavs (with the exception of Lebron).

pariah1107 06-17-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1551932)
c'mon ty you're better than this...don't be the tin-foil hat guy.

LOL. You're right Quan, I've been looking for rabbit ears to attach to my tin foil hat. "I call them like I see them", and am only advocating to let the players decide it on the floor. The NBA is certainly not the only professional sport to manipulate outcomes, but IMO this has been shameful.

Touch'EmAll 06-17-2016 05:10 PM

Jeez already

I love NBA basketball. More constant action than other sports, the incredible all around athleticism of arguably the greatest all around athletes, great TV sport, colorful commentary, it's FAN-tastic. I grew up near LA and had luck to follow Kareem, Magic and Showtime (my folks Jerry West/Chamberlain etc.). Now out of Portland I take my kid to Blazers Fan Fest and games - it's in my blood. But I have to say the league uppers and officiating leave me frustrated this Finals. Come on, enough with the favoritism, rules are rules- for all...all the time. The holding of Warriors players by Cleveland and the Ticky tack fouls for some and not others is getting out of hand. I just want to see fairness - both to Golden State and to Cleveland both. Too bad, mild bummer.

Peter_Spaeth 06-17-2016 05:23 PM

I can't go so far as to call a fix, but the Warriors have sure looked lackluster in the last two losses.

Greatest team ever, maybe it's nostalgia but I don't think so. Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls, Jabbar/Magic/Worthy Lakers, Bird/Parish/McHale/Walton/DJ Celtics all were better in my book.