Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone know who these guys are? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=199117)

quinnsryche 12-30-2014 12:42 PM

Anyone know who these guys are?

delete

Jay Wolt 12-30-2014 12:46 PM

The small fellow next to Nixon looks a bit like Nellie Fox

Chris Counts 12-30-2014 06:18 PM

The guy on the right looks like Jon Arnett, the Rams' running back.

quinnsryche 12-30-2014 06:41 PM

I am inclined to disagree that it is Nellie Fox. Just doesn't look like him to me. Pretty sure about Arnett. Leads me to believe this is football related, maybe LA Rams (but not sure).

Chris Counts 12-30-2014 07:12 PM

Nixon spent most of his life in Southern California, where Arnett grew up, and starred in college and the pros. Could that be Sid Gillman (2nd from right) and John Lovetere next to Arnett?

quinnsryche 12-30-2014 08:02 PM

Looks like LoVetere but the hairline is wrong. Maybe Gene Brito?

Chris Counts 12-30-2014 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of Gene Brito at the same angle ...

quinnsryche 12-30-2014 09:29 PM

I'm stumped. Anyone else?

Lordstan 12-30-2014 09:38 PM

If you could get a close up scan of the head of the guy second from right, you could compare the ear to the Brito close up pretty easily. Unfortunately, I can't really help with the other guys.

Runscott 12-30-2014 10:50 PM

Fairly certain 2nd from right is Les Richter. I think late '50s Rams is the answer.

1963Topps Set 12-31-2014 04:33 PM

The guy on the far right looks like George Bush Jr. He certainly has that befuddled disinterested look I have seen so many times.

Runscott 12-31-2014 06:15 PM

There is no George Bush Jr. Are you befuddled or perhaps just disinterested? ;)

1963Topps Set 12-31-2014 09:14 PM

Maybe both? But that sure looks like Bush Jr. To me!

Tigerden 01-01-2015 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=Runscott;1360890]There is no George Bush Jr. Are you befuddled or perhaps just disinterested? ;)[/QUOTE
The guy on the far right does look like George Walker Bush and shares a similar facial expression. Too funny. George W doesn't seem to come up in conversation very often these days . My guess by your post is that you were a supporter of his polices and the mere mention of his name are fighting words. At any rate , lighten up. Besides, who really cares who is in the photo? It has little value unless Elvis, Mantle, Ted Williams, or Marilyn Monroe are pictured with one of the most unpopular presidents in history.

Runscott 01-01-2015 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=Tigerden;1361038]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1360890)
There is no George Bush Jr. Are you befuddled or perhaps just disinterested? ;)[/QUOTE
The guy on the far right does look like George Walker Bush and shares a similar facial expression. Too funny. George W doesn't seem to come up in conversation very often these days . My guess by your post is that you were a supporter of his polices and the mere mention of his name are fighting words. At any rate , lighten up. Besides, who really cares who is in the photo? It has little value unless Elvis, Mantle, Ted Williams, or Marilyn Monroe are pictured with one of the most unpopular presidents in history.

That would be a bad guess, but since this is a vintage baseball discussion forum, I'll refrain from elaborating.

I'll stick with my original post, and you can continue talking with your straw man. ;)

quinnsryche 01-01-2015 10:39 AM

Thanks to all for your direction in this. I will do more research on the 50's Rams and see if I can come up with any matches. As far as "who cares, it has little value... etc." that's a stupid post. Obviously some of us care as there are responses and guesses. If you don't care, keep your comments to yourself and move on. No politics discussed here, just sports. My opinion is that it is not George Bush, I just don't see it. And yes, there is no Bush Jr. Dad was George Herbert Walker Bush, son was George Walker Bush (not a jr.). I do not post an opinion of either, just facts.

Runscott 01-01-2015 10:42 AM

Tony, for what it's worth - I got bored the other night and googled extensively. Arnet and Richter were the only two I felt good about. I agree with the earlier post that the 2nd-from-right guy had Gilman features, but Gilman would have looked much older by then. I also thought the short guy looked a little like Norm Van Brocklin, but the hair is completely wrong.

quinnsryche 01-01-2015 10:49 AM

I concur, ?/?/Nixon/?/Richter/Arnett. Gilman would be ALOT older than that. I'm going to keep looking. It has to between 1957-62 as those are the years they played together.