Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mile High Card Company- May 2011 Auction- currently open (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=136732)

Leon 05-10-2011 10:44 PM

Mile High Card Company- May 2011 Auction- currently open

As a valued advertiser I want to mention Brian Drent's, Mile High Card Company Auction, which is currently going on. It's chalk full of some great cards and memorabilia. The first lot is a relatively high grade, almost complete E90-1 set. It is followed by a beautiful Joseph Hall cabinet and then a PSA 7, 1914 Joe Jackson card. There are runs of Old Judges, T's, E's, Rose Postcards and on and on. There are close to 2400 lots in all. Good luck to Brian Drent and all the folks that go for something in the auction. regards

http://www.milehighcardco.com/Catalog.aspx

Contact Us:
Mile High Card Co.
6841 S. Yosemite Street
Suite 101
Centennial, CO 80112
(303) 840-2784
general inquires: mhcc@milehighcardco.com

Rob D. 05-11-2011 06:12 AM

Thanks for the reminder. Mile High really should think about doing some kind of e-mail marketing.

sycks22 05-11-2011 06:19 AM

I saw they have a 54 wilson franks williams. I'm hoping it slides by and pick it up cheap. Always wanted that one.

sports-rings 05-11-2011 06:37 AM

Leon,

can you please let them know, that lot 2115, the 1997 University of Michigan National Championship Ring, is a copy of a real ring and not a real ring.

I can send pictures of a real ring where you can see the differences. There are already two bids on this item.

thanks!

Rob D. 05-11-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 893223)
I saw they have a 54 wilson franks williams. I'm hoping it slides by and pick it up cheap. Always wanted that one.

Whenever there's a card I hope "slides by" so I can "pick it up cheap," I try to post about it.

Oddly, if I want to promote a card, I'll not say anything.

But that's just me.

Leon 05-11-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 893226)

Oddly, if I want to promote a card, I'll not say anything.

But that's just me.

Just trying to figure that one out....I am thinking "mime" or something.

scotty21690 05-11-2011 08:05 AM

If anyone here wins lot #305 I am interested in the Larry Gardner. Thanks ;)

Oh, and as a Doerr collector I find lot #990 pretty neat! :)

bobbyw8469 05-11-2011 10:02 AM

LOL!!! I am guessing that you consigned the Wilson Franks Williams card Pete?? Can I ask what kind of rate Mile High gave you?

botn 05-11-2011 09:47 PM

OMG Pete! Don't look now but your 91 posts are showing.

Are there any other cards in Mile High that you are hoping will slip by (wink wink)?

Greg

HRBAKER 05-11-2011 09:55 PM

We haven't had a good "Pimp My Lot" thread in a while, right?

Leon 05-11-2011 09:56 PM

nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 893456)
We haven't had a good "Pimp My Lot" thread in a while, right?

Nope. Fairly short learning curve on this type situation.

atx840 05-11-2011 11:02 PM

Being new to this but interested in a few lots, how does one register without references....or is this wishful thinking.

Leon 05-12-2011 06:54 AM

call them

Quote:

Originally Posted by atx840 (Post 893466)
Being new to this but interested in a few lots, how does one register without references....or is this wishful thinking.

Some auction houses will let you put a credit card on file instead of references...however, I have no idea what Mile High's policy is.
Call the number above and speak with Brian about it. His company and his call. regards

sycks22 05-12-2011 09:03 AM

Love it that you think I consigned that item. I didn't. I just signed up with them 3 days ago and hopefully will toss in some bids. I enjoyed the "pimp my card" comment. I just rarely see the Williams in an auction format. I'm pretty new to the auction field and maybe the Williams is everywhere, but I haven't seen it too often.

Leon 05-12-2011 09:19 AM

No worries

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 893546)
Love it that you think I consigned that item. I didn't. I just signed up with them 3 days ago and hopefully will toss in some bids. I enjoyed the "pimp my card" comment. I just rarely see the Williams in an auction format. I'm pretty new to the auction field and maybe the Williams is everywhere, but I haven't seen it too often.

Hey Pete
You haven't been on the board that long but there have been numerous threads and posts (from others) similar to this. They try to get more publicity for their card. I guess one thing that many will be asking themselves about this is why you would tell thousands of avid collectors what you hope slides by, hoping to get it cheaper (I suppose)? Your actions have done exactly the opposite of what you hope to do? So it doesn't really make sense. Nothing personal and obviously harmless but I am sure you understand folks thoughts? We are a bit jaded to this kind of behavior as you can tell :)>.

sycks22 05-12-2011 02:36 PM

I understand once I posted what it meant, not the smartest thing ever. I was just excited about the Williams. I can see how people would've done that in the past. It seems like 3 days after I pay for an auction 4 more pop up with auctions ending in the next 2 weeks. It's tough to keep up on everything.

Leon 05-12-2011 02:55 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycks22 (Post 893617)
I understand once I posted what it meant, not the smartest thing ever. I was just excited about the Williams. I can see how people would've done that in the past. It seems like 3 days after I pay for an auction 4 more pop up with auctions ending in the next 2 weeks. It's tough to keep up on everything.

LOL, we can all relate to that Pete. I thought I would explain so you would at least know where we were coming from. Hang in there. The cards are most of the fun but the friendships made (if you want to make them) are priceless. There are a ton of great folks on this board and in the hobby. There are a few bad apples but by and large most folks in the hobby want to help and are really good hearted people. best regards

calvindog 05-12-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 893548)
Hey Pete
You haven't been on the board that long but there have been numerous threads and posts (from others) similar to this. They try to get more publicity for their card. I guess one thing that many will be asking themselves about this is why you would tell thousands of avid collectors what you hope slides by, hoping to get it cheaper (I suppose)? Your actions have done exactly the opposite of what you hope to do? So it doesn't really make sense. Nothing personal and obviously harmless but I am sure you understand folks thoughts? We are a bit jaded to this kind of behavior as you can tell :)>.

I sure miss Hal.

Rob D. 05-12-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 893712)
I sure miss Hal.

To the board's credit, a lot of people have stepped up and tried to fill the void.

rnisly 05-14-2011 09:32 AM

auction links update

Hi Leon

Can someone update links to Mile High and Legendary

on the auction links page?

thanx

Rob D. 05-16-2011 06:21 PM

Just wanted to update folks that bidding continues in the Mile High auction that ends Thursday, May 19.

I've got the e-mail to prove it.

HRBAKER 05-16-2011 06:31 PM

Rob,
It is obvious to me they know where the money is.