Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Possibly One of One Triple Autograph card (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=216869)

nicknock-2013 01-19-2016 03:03 PM

Possibly One of One Triple Autograph card

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 218392

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Exhibitman 01-20-2016 06:02 AM

That's pretty damned cool. Thanks for sharing.

nicknock-2013 01-20-2016 05:11 PM

Orr, espo, ratelle

Thanks, i was lucky to get it. Can't find another like it so far...

vthobby 01-22-2016 08:44 PM

Very cool.....

Neil,

Awesome card. I went to my safety deposit box today and pulled out a VERY special and cool card of mine.

Upper Deck hockey card of Gretzky signed by Wayne on the front and Walter (his dad) on the back!

The Rangers were in town for a bit under 2 weeks and Walter's dad met up with Wayne at the hotel and I was auto hounding back then and was lucky to get them both! Walter was only there for 2 days or so. Wayne was here the whole time at a pre Rangers camp in Vermont.

I remember Walter feeling uneasy about signing on the front of the card so I then asked him to please sign the back which he did graciously!

Wayne then signed the front and then they took off for dinner and I was in awe!

If you want to see, just ask!

Thanks! Mike

nicknock-2013 01-25-2016 06:30 PM

Love to see that card

when you get a chance I'd be grateful to catch a peek.

I bought a signed Gretzky ticket stub from a game at the L.A. Forum in 2004. Got it on eBay. Well, held it for a bit then decided to get it slabbed. I had PSA Quick Opinion take a look at it before sending it in, turned out to be bogus. Contacted the seller from nearby here in Ct. showed him the opinion and he fought me tooth and nail on it, insisting it was legit. Anyway after reviewing his feedback ( which I should have done previously) turns out he sold bogus auto's once before, PayPal got me my dough back. Still hunting....Thanks Mike

vthobby 01-28-2016 08:29 PM

Here it is Neil....

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 219370

Attachment 219371

That chance encounter (Of course I was dreaming of this meeting but I was in the right place at the right time) helped me get Gretzky at least once EVERY day after that. I think because I talked with his dad more than him on that first meeting.

The last day they were in VT, I saw Gretzky for the last time and he came over to sign........and I just shook his hand and said "thanks" for all the autos. I literally had nothing left for him! I think I got about 8 in all!

It was a good 10 days or so! By the way Neil, that is such a cool 1971 Assists leader card. I have never seen it signed by all 3 either! I may bring my dual Gretzky to the Shriner's Show in April and have it slabbed by SGC. I like the looks of the card in those holders.

Peace, Mike

PS Walter signed the back and Wayne the front!

nicknock-2013 01-29-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtgmsc (Post 1497087)
Attachment 219370

Attachment 219371

That chance encounter (Of course I was dreaming of this meeting but I was in the right place at the right time) helped me get Gretzky at least once EVERY day after that. I think because I talked with his dad more than him on that first meeting.

The last day they were in VT, I saw Gretzky for the last time and he came over to sign........and I just shook his hand and said "thanks" for all the autos. I literally had nothing left for him! I think I got about 8 in all!

It was a good 10 days or so! By the way Neil, that is such a cool 1971 Assists leader card. I have never seen it signed by all 3 either! I may bring my dual Gretzky to the Shriner's Show in April and have it slabbed by SGC. I like the looks of the card in those holders.

Peace, Mike

PS Walter signed the back and Wayne the front!

Yup, get that baby slabbed Mike. That's one for posterity. Real keeper. The Great One has class, his dad taught him well. Thanks for sharing it. Gem!!

vthobby 01-29-2016 10:27 PM

My writing.....

For those that are trying to decipher my writing on that little piece of paper, it says "Signed by Wayne & Walter Sheraton 9/15/98"

I usually put a little piece of paper like that with my in persons so I always have the date and place that the item was signed!

Thanks!

Mike