Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nacionales Cigarros (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91975)

Archive 01-26-2009 12:10 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>packs</b><p>Hello,<br><br>I have a question for some of the experts on Cuban baseball cards and sets. I have recently come into quite a few Nacionales Cigarros cards and can find very little information on them. I have searched through VCP and see that only 2 recorded sales have been made since 2006. How tough is this issue compared to other cuban issues like Caramelo and Billiken? A few of the cards I have are players who had brief major league careers. Does that increase the value a lot or have little effect? I'm sending them out to SGC to get graded very shortly. They will all probably fall into the 10-30 range. Can anyone venture a guess on the price for cards in that range? I hate to make one of those &quot;How much is it worth&quot; threads but I'm clueless on these.

Archive 01-26-2009 12:42 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>Ryan Christoff</b><p>Much tougher than Felces (Caramelo Deportivo) but not as tough as Billiken. All of the players in the set are Cuban except for Negro Leaguers Andy Cooper and Red Ryan. <br><br>Some of the Major Leaguers are worth more (Marsans, Almeida, Luque) and some are basically considered commons (Herrera, Cueto, Palmero, etc.)<br><br>Value obviously depends on player and condition. If you post a list or scans I can give you a better idea of what you have.<br><br>Hope that helps, <br><br>-Ryan<br><br>

Archive 01-26-2009 01:48 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Looking to expand the checklists of all sets...<br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive 01-26-2009 03:59 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>packs</b><p>No boxers, sorry. I picked up a lot of 5 cards. The players are Marcelino Guerra, Bernardo Baro, Papo Gonzalez, Alejandro Oms, and Calvo. They are probably either going to grade a 1 or a 2 each. I figure Papo Gonzalez is probably the most valuable of the lot since he played for the 1918 Red Sox. Any idea what a price range would be? VCP shows an Isidro Fabre graded authentic went for 230 in the recent Huggins auction.

Archive 01-26-2009 04:18 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>scgaynor</b><p>I would say that Oms would be your best one.<br><br>Scott

Archive 01-26-2009 05:52 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>Ryan Christoff</b><p>Scott is right, Oms is by far your best one. Then a huge drop off. Then Baro. Then another drop off. Then the rest. <br><br>Papo Gonzalez carries no premium that I am aware of. Of course, no Red Sox player should ever carry a premium of any kind. <br><br>How are the images? Since these are photographic, image quality is often as important or more important than the technical grade of the card. <br><br>-Ryan<br><br><br>

Archive 01-26-2009 06:38 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Please contact me at pstewart@kmob.com if you are interested in trading your Oms card. Thanks.<br><br>Paul

Archive 01-27-2009 12:28 PM

Nacionales Cigarros

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Please contact me (mannybb24@yahoo.com) if you're interested in selling your Baro.<br>Thanks Steve