Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Philadelphia 76ers (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253731)

barrysloate 04-12-2018 11:47 AM

Philadelphia 76ers

Any NBA fans notice that going into the playoffs, the best team in the league is the Philadelphia 76ers? They haven't won any championship yet, but they finished the season on a 16 game winning streak, and won mostly without their best player Joel Embiid. And they are running up huge scores on a regular basis. They got really good awfully fast.

Snapolit1 04-12-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1766680)
Any NBA fans notice that going into the playoffs, the best team in the league is the Philadelphia 76ers? They haven't won any championship yet, but they finished the season on a 16 game winning streak, and won mostly without their best player Joel Embiid. And they are running up huge scores on a regular basis. They got really good awfully fast.

Great for basketball. I don't follow it that close, but for the last few years it has seemed like a 2 or 3 team league. Sooner teams like the 76ers and Celtics get in the mix the better for the sport as a whole.

bigfanNY 04-12-2018 04:27 PM

Let's go sixers...

1 Attachment(s)
As a long time and long suffering Sixers fan this has been a great year so far. Draft picks finally paying off. And it would be great to fire up the old Sixer Celtic rivalry. As long as this incarnation has us coming out on top. Anybody want to see some sixer memorabilia. Below is a 1946 opening day program from the Buffalo Bisons they opened the season against the Syracuse Nationals. This was the first game for 2 current NBA teams Syracuse moved to Philly in 1963 and Buffalo lasted 38 days as A member of the National Basketball leauge before moving out west and becoming the Tri- city Blackhawks then St. Louis Hawks now Atlanta Hawks.I have plenty more and would love to see what others have..

barrysloate 04-12-2018 05:28 PM

Beautiful program Jonathan.

gopherfan 04-17-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1766726)
Great for basketball. I don't follow it that close, but for the last few years it has seemed like a 2 or 3 team league. Sooner teams like the 76ers and Celtics get in the mix the better for the sport as a whole.

I disagree that is great for basketball. I don't even think it is good for basketball. I hate that they take for years to get higher draft picks. And since it "worked", now you see more teams tanking. Awful for the sport.

I like the way Europe does soccer. If you are one of the bottom teams, you move down a division. If you are one of the top teams from the lower divisions, you move up. It makes the games at the end of the season mean something. Not this purposeful losing so you can move up in the draft.

/End rant.

FourStrikes 04-17-2018 07:38 PM

Sixers looked like shit last night, and were definitely outplayed...two games, one loss, down, 3 more wins to go (round one, anyway)...

Trust the Process (not a Sixers fan, but I ain't seeing any real power in the east right now) but...Toronto could shock the world and go to finals...!

samosa4u 04-30-2018 01:04 PM

First of all, shame on the Milwaukee Bucks for losing to Boston! Despite missing their best player, Kyrie Irving, and Gordan Hayward, they still ended up beating them!

Tonight they will be facing the Sixers and I will probably watch some of it. I loved watching Ben Simmons when he played with LSU, so let's see what he does tonight.