Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2017 Net54baseball "Dinner" at the National in Chicago, Embassy Suites Friday Night (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239909)

Leon 05-18-2017 01:25 PM

2017 Net54baseball "Dinner" at the National in Chicago, Embassy Suites Friday Night

With around 75 45 days left until the event, here is a friendly reminder as folks start to make plans for the 2017 Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago this year. The Net54baseball Dinner (*actually only hors d'oeuvres) will be on Friday 7/28/17, at the Embassy Suites Rosemont Ohare, which is sort of connected to the Donald Stevens Convention Center and is next door to the Hyatt Regency. It will start at 630pm and end when we run the last partiers out, which will be around 1100pm -1200am. There will be a room # and other details later. Folks attending should eat a bite before coming over as there will only be some appetizers to soak up the alcohol (or soda/water). They will be heavy appetizers but it won't be a dinner. The dinner part of the affair just never seemed to be that great so that is why we don't do them anymore. The open bar for soda and alcohol usually cures most ills. There are 2 tentative/confirmed speakers and more to be announced....probably :) . All members are invited and the shindig is free but there will be a non-mandatory $5 donation, of which 100%, will go to a yet to be named animal rescue in the North Texas area. That is one of my favorite parts of the dinner, actually.
There will be an RSVP thread approximately 3 weeks beforehand at which time everyone who wants to attend should sign up. The Dinners have been a lot of fun in the past and I am sure this one will be too. Thanks again to Heritage Auctions for being a Platinum sponsor again. Also, Love of the Games Auctions has stepped up and is a sponsor this year. Both companies have been advertisers on, and supportive of, Net54baseball and it's appreciated very much. Still looking for a few more speakers so if anyone has some good ideas please shoot me a PM.... (a few happy-to-be-home type cards) .Hope to see everyone at the Dinner!!...thanks and carry on....

http://luckeycards.com/pw575leadershotx2.jpg

Stonepony 05-18-2017 01:29 PM

Sounds great! Thanks

trdcrdkid 05-18-2017 01:42 PM

I will be there.

kmac32 05-18-2017 01:44 PM

I am in this year Leon. My return to the National after 8 years.

ls7plus 05-19-2017 01:51 PM

I will be there also, and delighted to pay the donation for such a worthy cause. The last one I attended in 2015 was terrific!

Sincerely,

Larry

RedlegsFan 05-28-2017 09:38 PM

Awesome, can't wait to sign up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon 06-19-2017 07:25 AM

Need 1 helper at the Dinner.....

Just a friendly reminder about the Net54 Dinner coming up at the National. I am also going to be looking for one person to help at the door the night of the event, Friday, with sign in. Whomever this is will need to be at the Dinner at 6pm and probably help with check in for approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours at the door. For that service this person will get a free dealer pass to get into the show all days. Whatever a regular dealer/table show pass is, is what you will get. Thanks to Brockelman Auctions for that. And that person has now been found as they were the first to ask ......

There will be an RSVP thread in approximately 3 weeks, which is about 3 weeks before the dinner. Everyone who wants to attend will need to RSVP when that thread goes up. Not now.

ps. there are 2 speakers confirmed and am looking for a few others??

Leon 06-23-2017 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick update
The exact location at the Embassy Suites (across from the Convention Center and next to the Hilton) is the Ballroom. It is on the lobby level and there is only 1 ballroom in the hotel. It should be easy to find. We now have 3 speakers and would love to have another? Should be a good time to be had by all.....and again, will take an rsvp in about 2-3 more weeks. (and a new pick up) thanks

brightair 06-24-2017 10:40 AM

Leon,
If you haven't gotten someone to help, I will be available.
I helped you at a dinner 2 or 3 years ago, manning a booth at entrance for the event.
LMK if you could use me.
Best,
Richard Dingman
PS Thanks for hosting this event for the doggies!

Fur72 06-26-2017 07:23 PM

Not going to mis this one!

maximus35 06-26-2017 11:35 PM

This event sounds fun. I am curious what topics the speakers will be discussing

Leon 07-01-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus35 (Post 1674955)
This event sounds fun. I am curious what topics the speakers will be discussing

They will discuss hobby related stuff but the rest is up to them.
There will be an RSVP thread in about a week so we can see how many will attend. The helper at the event PM'd me a few minutes after the first post. The first one got it. Hope to see everyone there (*well, not everyone or I would be in big trouble.)