Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Net54 Around The World (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238415)

frankbmd 04-21-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishdenny (Post 1652784)
"My Sincere Apologies Frank",

I Certainly Didn't mean ta Knock Your Board Game All Ovar the Place.
I Simply Saw THaT You Added 3 Countries RiGHT Away
& THeN I JuST Got Carried Away...

And I Also Admit.. THaT I Didn't Fully Read Your Rules THiS Time Around,
Mostly Cause I Usually Nevar Completely Understand'em :)

Anyways Sir,
"Dankz Fir BailiN me Out Frankie!!!" :o

Denny's contrite response is accepted, so we will continue with the original rules.
If you have been to Australia you may post country #5 next.

Corporal Lance Boil 04-21-2017 11:25 AM

Oh the places you'll go!

I've actually put way too much though into this. I can see there will have to be some strategy involved if we're going to make it, i.e. choosing a *really* difficult country will bog things down for awhile. I've been to one really difficult country, maybe two. Maybe 3 or 4 depending on your opinion.

But I have two questions:

1) Are we counting countries that are territories of other countries? Like does Greenland count, or do we consider it part of Denmark? Greenland will be a bitch if it stands alone.

2) Are we just doing fronts, or front-and-back combos (had to make a baseball card reference, right?)? That is to say does the USSR include all these little "Stan" countries that now exist, or are they separate?

I know, Frank, you will crystallize these muddy waters for me!

Tony

frankbmd 04-21-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil (Post 1652901)
I've actually put way too much though into this. I can see there will have to be some strategy involved if we're going to make it, i.e. choosing a *really* difficult country will bog things down for awhile. I've been to one really difficult country, maybe two. Maybe 3 or 4 depending on your opinion.

But I have two questions:

1) Are we counting countries that are territories of other countries? Like does Greenland count, or do we consider it part of Denmark? Greenland will be a bitch if it stands alone.

2) Are we just doing fronts, or front-and-back combos (had to make a baseball card reference, right?)? That is to say does the USSR include all these little "Stan" countries that now exist, or are they separate?

I know, Frank, you will crystallize these muddy waters for me!

Tony

Great questions Corporal Boil that I will try to clarify.

I have been to Denmark, but not to Greenland, but have a friend who has been to Greenland.

I have been to Georgia and to St Petersburg in one country, but have not been to Georgia and St. Petersburg in another country, although I have been to one of them in both countries, despite having not been to the third country.

I have also been inside the Berlin Wall, which technically belonged to neither East or West Germany, but have been to both after neither technically existed.

Hope this his helps.

Michael B 04-21-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1652985)
Great questions Corporal Boil that I will try to clarify.

I have been to Denmark, but not to Greenland, but have a friend who has been to Greenland.

I have been to Georgia and to St Petersburg in one country, but have not been to Georgia and St. Petersburg in another country, although I have been to one of them in both countries, despite having not been to the third country.

I have also been inside the Berlin Wall, which technically belonged to neither East or West Germany, but have been to both after neither technically existed.

Hope this his helps.

Who's on first?

irishdenny 04-21-2017 04:09 PM

Ohhh Boy... Where's the Game Board Now?

And it certainly wasn't me this time around...
Howevar, I'm Gunna Take a Wild Guess:

Professor Plum Did it,
iN the Library,
Wit the Candlestick...

:)

nat 04-21-2017 04:18 PM

I've been to Australia and I'll add Brazil. Next? (I've also been to both halves of germany, in case Frank's very confusing post counts.)

ullmandds 04-21-2017 04:37 PM

I've been to Brasil...albeit just for the day at Iguacu Falls...same day was in Uraguay.

So next country is Uraguay.

Frank...I dont think having a friend who visited greenland counts?

frankbmd 04-21-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1653016)
I've been to Brasil...albeit just for the day at Iguacu Falls...same day was in Uraguay.

So next country is Uraguay.

Frank...I dont think having a friend who visited greenland counts?

Where the hell is Uraguay?

If you have been to a country you cannot spell, check your map before posting.:D

Griffins 04-21-2017 05:57 PM

I've been to Uruguay and also Argentina

Iquacu Falls, Brazil/Argentina
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...de&oe=599059D8

ullmandds 04-21-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1653018)
Where the hell is Uraguay?

If you have been to a country you cannot spell, check your map before posting.:D

damn u frank!!! I'm sick...and I can't spell Uruguay!!!