Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

SAllen2556 09-04-2023 09:05 AM

Recently saw Steve Miller from very up close. Saw him turn his head away from the microphone, yet, somehow the sound of his voice never altered a bit. How does a 78 year old guy sing better today than he did in the 80's? He can still play guitar, but I don't think he was singing every note.

Also saw James Taylor last weekend who, on the other hand, seemed real. Good enough voice to carry it off, but he sounded his age, which was fine. The stories and the overall show was great.

I'm not sure how I feel about these old bands using backing tracks and auto-tune, and secret backup musicians hidden in the shadows. All these old bands are selling out arenas, but a lot of it seems pretty fake. People don't seem to care though.

Snapolit1 09-04-2023 03:10 PM

Saw Steve Miller at Jazzfest in NOLA this year. Was very good.

Saw Counting Crows at an outdoor venue and they were spectacular. My favorite post 90s band.

Price points for tickets has gotten insane. Mid grade tickets at Madison Square Garden with good sight lines I used to love buying a frw years ago at $125 are now $625 seats. Nuts.

Rad_Hazard 09-04-2023 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Despite being 67, Billy Idol sounded AMAZING the other night!

Seven 09-09-2023 08:28 AM

Recently had the pleasure of seeing Jackson Browne, Steely Dan and The Eagles.

Jackson Browne was just himself and his band. Played for roughly three hours, at the Beacon Theater, here in NYC. He took a couple of song requests from the crowd, and played music from his early albums as well. Fantastic performance overall.

Steely Dan, opened for the Eagles at MSG. I'll freely admit I've never been a huge fan of them, but I really respect their artistry. Especially the man they had on the drums. God could he play, definitely gave me a newfound appreciation for them.

The Eagles, were downright incredible. These are not the Eagles of yesteryear, but damn do they come close. Glenn Frey's son, Deacon Frey, takes the reigns on a couple of his songs. There were certain parts of the show, where If you closed your eyes, you would think a young Glenn Frey was still with us. Vince Gill, has been a perfect addition to the band, since the passing of Glenn. He sings lead, on "New Kid in Town" and "Take It To The Limit," amongst others. I think he does a great job of capturing Glenn's spirit on some of his songs, and I love that he's able to hit some high notes on "Take it To The Limit" because it keeps the essence of the song, back from when Randy Meisner was a member of the group. Don Henley has aged like a fine wine, he still sounds rock solid, you certainly wouldn't think the man is 76.

My absolute favorite part of the show though? Joe Walsh. It's not even close. He's 75, going on 17 with the amount of energy he has. His guitar playing, was out of this world. He bounces around on stage, having a grand old time, rocking out with everyone. Perfect proof, that men only grow old, they do not grow up.

1952boyntoncollector 09-09-2023 08:35 AM

Ive been to a ton of shows but to be honest, i 'worked' the shows for live nation and others so i have to show people their seats but for 90% of the time i can watch the shows and also direct any friends i know to seats that are not full so they can move down to a better position. All they got to do is get the cheapest ticket and i can move them down, man i should charge for that....40 dollars seats to $2000 seat upgrade should be worth something right?

Nunzio11 11-30-2023 09:46 AM

Saw KISS last night in Baltimore. Last show before their final 2 shows at MSG this weekend. They’re up there in age and sounded like it. Gene still has some voice and great stage showmanship. Paul was so awkward with his crowd interaction. His voice is off and you could see his timing was off as well. I was able to channel my inner teenager for most of it but honestly didn’t even make it to the encore. Luckily tickets were free. Still glad I got to see them live.

If anyone is going this weekend I hope the acoustics at MSG can cover some of the flaws. The pyrotechnics and stage show are still great.

BCauley 12-08-2023 07:27 AM

Haven't been to a concert since 2007 when I saw Toby Keith in Raleigh, NC. Saw him twice in total. Saw a handful of other bands but the best ones I went to were Metallica in 1996/97 and the two times I saw Aerosmith. Once during the Pump album tour which I think was late 90s and the 2nd time was around 2000 or so.

Snapolit1 12-08-2023 06:00 PM

Saw two cover bands recently at a smallish club. Both national touring acts and both excellent.

Best of the Eagles: really great cover act. Loved the show.

Yacht Rock Review: a ton of fun. All cheesy but great 70s-80s songs. I haven't been able to get the Little River Band out of my head for 2 weeks now. I love AM radio 70s classics and every song they played was spot on.

Bcwcardz 12-08-2023 07:05 PM

Had to accompany my youngest to see Travis Scott. It wasn’t my type of music but at least he’s an Astros guy. I want to go to Cruel World coming up. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ministry and Duran Duran. I think Adam Ant is supposed to be there too. He was a no show somewhere recently, I think visa issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wihawk 12-10-2023 01:14 PM

I saw Elephant Revival last week end and was quite surprised at how damn good they are, Great live show.