Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New (Sorta) YouTube Channel: Elm's Adventures in Cardboard Land (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=345880)

JollyElm 02-02-2024 08:24 PM

New (Sorta) YouTube Channel: Elm's Adventures in Cardboard Land

1 Attachment(s)
I've been hit with some seriously bad juju lately, so I haven't been in the collecting world or on the site for quite awhile now (gee, thanks for noticing :(), but wanted to announce that I have come up with a new name and look for my YouTube channel:
"Elm's Adventures in Cardboard Land."

The first new video is another SGC blind reveal and it has what my last one had, me endlessly yapping away about the cards I'm submitting (in a raspy voice that compels every grandmother on the planet to offer me a butterscotch candy), but if you have some time to kill, please give it a (30+ minutes long) watch. Hopefully you'll grab a few laughs and enjoy the various pop-ups my girlfriend created for it. Unlike my last one, though, this actually has the blind reveal in it, so there's no waiting and anticipating, just a one-stop viewing pleasure (your opinion may vary).

**Technical Note: The first section was filmed with an outdated camera, so it's like watching TV in the 1970s, but the intermission and finale are both in hi-def.**

Here's the title card (so Hollywood of me!):

Attachment 608465

Please enjoy it...and tell your friends (or the people you're stuck with in the self-checkout line) about it. They will thank you (no, they won't!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVo1vKUtSg

raulus 02-02-2024 09:15 PM

Missed you, Jolly.

Welcome back!

almostdone 02-03-2024 05:22 AM

I watched and left a comment. Enjoy the YouTube ride if you choose to continue
Drew

cgjackson222 02-03-2024 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2410010)
Missed you, Jolly.

Welcome back!

+1

Darren, was actually going to message you yesterday since you hadn’t been posting lately, but thought I’d give you a little more time away from the zoo, before we sucked you back in:) Looking forward to your videos!

ALBB 02-03-2024 06:34 AM

tube

OK Jolly, pretty entertaining

Harliduck 02-03-2024 05:54 PM

Agreed...very entertaining and fun to watch...thanks Jolly! Also agree on your comment for the 69's...my favorite...the do seem to have more sheen and the design just pops. Tough to find that Clemente centered like that.

JollyElm 02-29-2024 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sound the Horns!!! A Day of Celebration is Upon Us!!!

Took a while, but I just dropped (yes, I'm cool enough to use the word "dropped") the second part of what will ultimately be an SGC Blind Reveal trilogy:

SGC Blind Reveal #3: "Rookies and Snakes and Snows...OH MY!"

Attachment 612249

Please enjoy it...and be a dear and tell your friends and family and that weird neighbor who constantly has his leaf blower going to give it a look. They will forever be in your debt...unless they become board to death by my constant (but possibly insightful?) yammering:

CLICK HERE to be taken away to a land of cardboard dreams>>>https://youtu.be/I81KvWmYOi8

**Technical Note: The first section was filmed with an outdated camera, so it's like watching TV in the 1970s, but the intermission and finale are both in lovely hi-def.**

JollyElm 03-22-2024 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Make your weekend as fun as it can possibly be!!!

The last part of my (what became a) SGC Blind Reveal trilogy is now ready to make your dreams come true, so give it a whirl if you enjoy seeing cool vintage cards interspersed between too many tangents to even count:

SGC Blind Reveal #4: “COOL Cards for an ICY COLD Summer!”

Attachment 615261

Please enjoy it by hitting the streets screaming out the web address, so everyone will be entertained beyond belief by your generous act of promoting a fellow net54er:

Click here to be taken away to a land of cardboard dreams (and let's be honest, a bit of anger)>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7TrOxTTccg

Spoken in your mother's voice..."Oh, and would it kill you to throw it a LIKE or COMMENT or something???"

**Technical Note: The first section was filmed with an outdated camera, so it's like watching TV in the 1970s, but the intermission and finale are both in lovely hi-def.**

Kutcher55 03-23-2024 06:17 PM

Nice Jolly. As someone who has the attention span of a gnat, thanks to smart phones along with decades of heavy bourbon drinking, it’s pretty much impossible for me to sit through a 38 minute anything. But you are entertaining and you clearly put some effort into production. I never knew that about the 65 Mantle World Series HR card so I learned something new today. Thanks.

JollyElm 03-23-2024 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kutcher55 (Post 2421759)
Nice Jolly. As someone who has the attention span of a gnat, thanks to smart phones along with decades of heavy bourbon drinking, it’s pretty much impossible for me to sit through a 38 minute anything. But you are entertaining and you clearly put some effort into production. I never knew that about the 65 Mantle World Series HR card so I learned something new today. Thanks.

You know what's funny?
While reading your cool "Spiderman at Fenway Park" thread, I saw you used the word "venerable." Holy heck would that have made a great addition to my list of words to use instead of the ridiculously overused "i-word." It would've been positioned as the very first word on said list in that graphic!! Too bad.

Gorditadogg 03-25-2024 11:38 AM

Well done, Darren, and very entertaining. That is a great-looking Gibson, no matter what the grade.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

JollyElm 03-25-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorditadogg (Post 2422170)
Well done, Darren, and very entertaining. That is a great-looking Gibson, no matter what the grade.

Thanks!! It is a beautiful card, but the grading thing is such a crapshoot that I do whatever I can to (try to) make the videos fun to watch.