Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Random PSA thoughts and total speculation... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249821)

Slinger 01-07-2018 06:12 PM

Random PSA thoughts and total speculation...

Hey everyone. I am really new to the collecting game. I hadn't touched cards in some 30 years until about a month ago.

I joined PSA and sent in my first 15.

Stuff that I cracked or opened. Solid Tiffany and Glossy cards. Perfect gloss. Sharp edges. Razor corners. Perfect centering. Shiny and unblemished surfaces.

Not a single 10. :(

6-7-8-9s. :eek:

So here is my thought process and COMPLETE speculation.....I am thinking that those that submit 1000-10000 or more cards a month get the "tie goes to the runner" benefit. Guys like me, the small personal collector types get no love on cards that are "close".

Could there be any truth to this?
Would it benefit me to find a company to submit my cards through their account/name?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I just want to find the best way to grow and grade my collection. Thanks everyone!

1952boyntoncollector 01-07-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinger (Post 1736416)
Hey everyone. I am really new to the collecting game. I hadn't touched cards in some 30 years until about a month ago.

I joined PSA and sent in my first 15.

Stuff that I cracked or opened. Solid Tiffany and Glossy cards. Perfect gloss. Sharp edges. Razor corners. Perfect centering. Shiny and unblemished surfaces.

Not a single 10. :(

6-7-8-9s. :eek:

So here is my thought process and COMPLETE speculation.....I am thinking that those that submit 1000-10000 or more cards a month get the "tie goes to the runner" benefit. Guys like me, the small personal collector types get no love on cards that are "close".

Could there be any truth to this?
Would it benefit me to find a company to submit my cards through their account/name?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I just want to find the best way to grow and grade my collection. Thanks everyone!

You can always ask a big submitter to add your cards to their submission and see what grades you get...

Slinger 01-07-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1736419)
You can always ask a big submitter to add your cards to their submission and see what grades you get...

How might someone like me go about finding such a person semi close to me?

1952boyntoncollector 01-07-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinger (Post 1736420)
How might someone like me go about finding such a person semi close to me?

Can always just mail it. them..being close doesnt really matter...

by the way i have a 1954 Topps PSA 8 dick cole if needed for your 1954s..

Slinger 01-07-2018 07:01 PM

I do need that 54 Cole PSA 8. PM me a price?

How might I find big submitters, even if not in my city? And figure out if they are trustworthy?