Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Moeller show (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=343083)

bbcard1 11-24-2023 08:32 PM

Moeller show

I enjoyed attending the Moeller show today (Cincinnati) and as the Thanksgiving show often is, it was buzzing. Prices have seeme to moderate some over the past year. There was a decent representation of pre-War, and plenty of 50s stuff. One of my absolutely favorite shows, still ha a $3 admission.

unamuzd1 11-24-2023 08:51 PM

Always a fun show, and although there are a few folks who grossly over-value their pre-war, there were some reasonable buys to be had.

I'll be back tomorrow. Having done some research, I think one of my "reasonable buys" was an oversight by the dealer. I got a card for $48 that I figured was a deal -- but there's no way it wasn't a pricing mistake after I did some looking at pop reports. So I need to make that right.

Peter_Spaeth 11-24-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unamuzd1 (Post 2391447)
Always a fun show, and although there are a few folks who grossly over-value their pre-war, there were some reasonable buys to be had.

I'll be back tomorrow. Having done some research, I think one of my "reasonable buys" was an oversight by the dealer. I got a card for $48 that I figured was a deal -- but there's no way it wasn't a pricing mistake after I did some looking at pop reports. So I need to make that right.

It's good to see someone who lives by a code.

parkplace33 11-27-2023 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unamuzd1 (Post 2391447)

Thank you for doing this. How did the conversation go?

unamuzd1 11-27-2023 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkplace33 (Post 2392123)
Thank you for doing this. How did the conversation go?

It went well. He speculated on how it might have happened (people taking cards out of sleeves to get a closer look and re-sleeving them in the wrong toploader, etc.), checked VCP for comps, and suggested a "split the difference" amount of cash I could give him to square things up. Which I did.

parkplace33 11-28-2023 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unamuzd1 (Post 2392292)
It went well. He speculated on how it might have happened (people taking cards out of sleeves to get a closer look and re-sleeving them in the wrong toploader, etc.), checked VCP for comps, and suggested a "split the difference" amount of cash I could give him to square things up. Which I did.

Excellent :)