Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Success w BST? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163311)

GrayGhost 02-10-2013 09:35 PM

Success w BST?

I have recently been upset by a small purchase I paid for two weeks plus ago, near three and still haven't got. Finally got a reply and said Id have another reply Fri night or Sat morning...nothing.

If people have legit issues sending stuff, family emerg, etc for a few days, I understand. But, I don't like being run around, esp for a cheap item.

How has everyone else's BST experiences been? Im not gonna out anyone's name on here, that isn't impt, just venting. Thanks.

HRBAKER 02-10-2013 09:38 PM

Scott,
I have made many, many purchases over several years and never had a bad experience. I hope yours works out for the best.

Jeff

GrayGhost 02-10-2013 09:49 PM

Its a surprise for me too, as I have done quite a few deals both ways myself.

sdkammeyer 02-10-2013 10:13 PM

I have had MANY successes in the B/S/T.... and I thank all of you that I have dealt with. On a couple occasions those transactions have turned into good friendships and are people that I email "off Net54" on a daily basis.

Hey we all look at feedback on eBay before we make a purchase ...... we don't buy from auction houses that don't have a "good reputation" ...... if you have a beef with someone, I encourage you to put it out there and share with the rest of us. Not only could you be saving the next guy some time/trouble .... you might get a quicker response in this case by putting that member "on blast" so to speak.

Much like many of you have told me ... sometimes all it takes it to file that "non-payment case" with eBay to make the buyer pay for what he bought from you ....... same here, and you might have to put it out in the open to get your items.

I'm NOT trying to help you start trouble ....... I'm just saying that obviously you are about at your wits end because you made the post in the first place .... so why not help yourself if you have come this far?

Best regards, and I hope you get what you paid for.

39special 02-11-2013 04:33 AM

I have made many deals on here.Its very rare that there is a problem.If there is its always worked out.This is a great site with great people!!
Good luck Scott.

Beatles Guy 02-11-2013 12:32 PM

I've had one deal that went bad (i was the seller). It was finally resolved though. This is easily my favorite place to buy and sell and one bad experience didn't discourage me.

Jcfowler6 02-11-2013 03:02 PM

All transactions for me have been excellent buying and selling. Thanks to a great community here.

chaddurbin 02-11-2013 03:06 PM

if you can't or haven't sent something or stalling for time or just trying to rip me off....PLEASE PLEASE don't bring your sick daughter, dying dad, runaway dog, broken car, or leaky house as an excuse. because i don't really care! i have all those things also but i try to act like an adult and take care of my responsibilities. if you're trying to get one over just say so, i don't need the extra drama.

perezfan 02-11-2013 04:06 PM

My experieces have all been great (both as a buyer and seller). It's a terrific place to sell stuff with no limits to the item description or number of pictures one can post. Plus, there's NO commission (thank you, Leon!)

The only minor pet-peeves I have are as follows...

1. Certain people only interested in pushing for outrageous deals, far below market value.

2. People who inquire or state interest in an item, but do not have the courtesy/communication skills to send a follow-up email or PM. If you have a change of heart (or incur other expenses) please just communicate that, so the seller can determine how to proceed. It's not nice to leave people hanging...

Otherwise, it's all good here :)

EvilKing00 02-11-2013 04:43 PM

I have only bought through 6 sellers so far as im still pretty new here, so far 5 have went Very well, and the 6th should be arriving this week. So far no issues.

Im actually making a list of the buyers that I have dealth with so I can reffer to it in future deals.

I can tell you i wouldnt be happy wating 3 weeks to get something.

I hope it showes up.

What happens if a deal dosnt work out? Can the buyer let others know so others wont deal with that person?

GrayGhost 02-11-2013 04:57 PM

I will let people know if this isn't resolved soon

Wymers Auction 02-11-2013 05:49 PM

I have had nothing but good dealings on here.

buymycards 02-11-2013 05:56 PM

Bst

I have made many deals on the BST over the past several years. All of my buyers have paid promptly (Thank you all!) and all of the sellers have shipped quickly (Thank you All!)

No fees, good people, and great cards. (Other than some of the junk I sell)

Rick

GrayGhost 02-11-2013 09:31 PM

Issue resolved. Just was upset, things happen. the Net and the people on it are a great group and I just let myself get carried away some.

sdkammeyer 02-11-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1087364)
Issue resolved.

Glad to hear!

Runscott 02-12-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1086842)
I have recently been upset by a small purchase I paid for two weeks plus ago, near three and still haven't got. Finally got a reply and said Id have another reply Fri night or Sat morning...nothing.

If people have legit issues sending stuff, family emerg, etc for a few days, I understand. But, I don't like being run around, esp for a cheap item.

How has everyone else's BST experiences been? Im not gonna out anyone's name on here, that isn't impt, just venting. Thanks.

I have had no problems as a buyer - nothing but smooth transactions.

lefty147 02-12-2013 04:56 PM

Nothing but smooth transactions too.

Scott Garner 02-13-2013 06:02 AM

Scott,
Perhaps I've been fortunate, but every transaction both buying and selling on the B/S/T has worked out terrific.

Good luck with getting your item soon. :)

jgmp123 02-13-2013 07:27 AM

Nothing but pleasant experiences here. Best place to buy and sell. With the number of new members, my best tip is to buy from those you are familiar with or check with a fellow member about that seller.

GrayGhost 02-13-2013 08:07 AM

My item will be here soon. Was a mix up. Seller and I exchanged messages after he explained it. I overreacted, esp for an inexpensive item. All done.

I love BST. I sell on it, buy, etc. First time Ive had a bit of a struggle.