Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Which Auction House Is Best For The Seller? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253251)

texigator 03-31-2018 07:03 PM

Which Auction House Is Best For The Seller?

Hi

I have to part ways with a chunk of my collection of cards and tickets. I was working on a Braves type set and the vintage material is nice, but not premier, while the modern stuff from 1990-present is almost all PSA 10 HOFers. There is a lot of odd ball material. The tickets are mostly World Series deciding games, special moments and perfect games.

I would appreciate any input from board members as to the pros and cons of the houses with which you've had experience as a seller.

Thanks!

Leon 04-03-2018 10:59 AM

This was moved from the ebay announcement section to help garner a few suggestions. I think any of our advertisers would do a great job but I am biased. Good luck to the op.

Snapolit1 04-03-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texigator (Post 1763151)
Hi

I have to part ways with a chunk of my collection of cards and tickets. I was working on a Braves type set and the vintage material is nice, but not premier, while the modern stuff from 1990-present is almost all PSA 10 HOFers. There is a lot of odd ball material. The tickets are mostly World Series deciding games, special moments and perfect games.

I would appreciate any input from board members as to the pros and cons of the houses with which you've had experience as a seller.

Thanks!

A good question but probably impossible to answer generally. I don't collect post war at all so don't have a clue. If your prewar stuff is solid but not exceptional, any of the advertisers here are solid as Leon says. I might steer clear of REA as they have so much amazing stuff your stuff likely would be buried. I have had great consigning transactions with LOTG and Brockleman.

texigator 04-03-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1763962)
A good question but probably impossible to answer generally. I don't collect post war at all so don't have a clue. If your prewar stuff is solid but not exceptional, any of the advertisers here are solid as Leon says. I might steer clear of REA as they have so much amazing stuff your stuff likely would be buried. I have had great consigning transactions with LOTG and Brockleman.

Thanks, I had a terrible experience with Robert Lifson and will never do business with him again, but Brockleman and Love of the Game are great suggestions. I appreciate the ideas.

bobbyw8469 04-03-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texigator (Post 1763986)
Thanks, I had a terrible experience with Robert Lifson and will never do business with him again, but Brockleman and Love of the Game are great suggestions. I appreciate the ideas.

That's odd...Rob is usually considered one of the best. And he has since retired. Has it been a while ago when you consigned with him?