Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cardsaver IIs (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244453)

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-03-2017 05:54 AM

Cardsaver IIs

I hate them...white hot hate! Rant over, thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

maximus35 09-06-2017 07:07 AM

Let's hear why

steve B 09-06-2017 09:32 AM

Probably just like pages, creasing the card vertically trying to get it out.

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-06-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1698365)
Probably just like pages, creasing the card vertically trying to get it out.

+1000. The vacuum effect those have on cards is absolutely over the top! I have calmed down since my initial post. [emoji2]

maximus35 09-06-2017 09:46 AM

I prefer my raw cards in penny sleeves then top loaders but I get nervous Im gonna ding a corner or the edges putting the card in penny sleeves first. I feel safer putting pack fresh cards in card savers. The problem I noticed that worries for long term storage is the way card savers have a curvy bend to them. I found some of my cars took on that same shape once I take them out of the card saver. They have that same curvy bend. I know TPG do not down grade for cards with curves that are not completely flat...but I am worried the card could bend over time. What are your thoughts? Have any of you guys had damage to your cards over time storing them in card savers?

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-06-2017 11:16 AM

I also use penny sleeves. Over the years, I have flipped flopped back and forth between top loaders and Cardsaver Is. Currently, I am using Cardsaver Is. I like those, the Cardsaver IIs, not so much. I have had no storage issues of any kind from using Cardsaver Is.

steve B 09-06-2017 01:41 PM

I have or have had in the past cards in nearly every sort of holder that's been available. I haven't creased any from cardsavers, but can see it happening.

I generally go with a variety depending on the card and condition.
worn cards - nothing unless they're odd sized or old.
Nice commons - penny sleeves, with toploader if they're older or really nice.
Stars- penny sleeve and toploader unless the card is a total mess like many of the 50's topps I have.

I used to put some of the really nice T and E cards in mylar inside a toploader. Pretty sure I creased one, and since then I've cut the toploader out from around the mylar sleeve.

I've seen plenty of cards with that telltale crease at the top center from less than careful removal from a sheet, and a few with lower right corner bends from slumped sheets.

Jedi1976 09-21-2017 04:44 PM

When I’ve submitted cards for grading I know that, at least for PSA, they want you to put the card in a Cardsaver. I decided that the safest way to submit to them is to use a penny sleeve and put that carefully into a Cardsaver.

Before putting the card into the penny sleeve, I started to cut one or both sides of the penny sleeve so there is a little flap that you can use instead of hoping the card slides in without nicking a corner/edge.

So far so good.

LuckyLarry 09-21-2017 04:59 PM

I removed all my cards from Cardsaver Is and IIs several months ago. Most of my cards are stored raw in 800 count boxes, but for cards I look at a lot (Mars Attacks! for one) or cards I want to protect, these are in Mylar sleeves. No card Savers or top loads, just the Mylar sleeves.
Larry