Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Negative feedback (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243975)

Jim65 08-22-2017 01:28 AM

Negative feedback

I really hate to leave negative feedback for a seller but had 2 bad experiences recently and haven't decided what feedback to leave.

1. Seller refuses to combine shipping on items I bought 3 days apart. (I asked before 2nd item auction ended, then I paid for 1st item separately after he refused combined) He charges me 2 shipping charges then sends items in the same box anyway. Leaning towards negative here.

2. Fairly expensive item, seller puts right address but wrong zip code and package goes across country and takes 12 days to get here. I message seller tio let them know what happened and get a 1 word reply "sorry" I understand everyone makes mistakes but sellers dismissive attitude aggravated me. Leaning towards neutral here.

What does it take for you guys to leave negative feedback?

vintagetoppsguy 08-22-2017 05:48 AM

I would probably leave a neutral in the first case and ding the heck out of his stars.

In the second case, the seller could have been a little more apologetic, but it was just a mistake. That said, I would leave a positive, but probably ding his star (only for shipping time) too.

ALR-bishop 08-22-2017 08:17 AM

If the seller delivers the item in good order I leave positive feedback. A delay like you experienced for that reason given would not alter that for me.

I would also leave positive for the other guy, since he delivered the product according to the terms he offered. But I likely would not buy from him again. I might mention the issue in my comments.

Jim65 08-22-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1693304)
If the seller delivers the item in good order I leave positive feedback. A delay like you experienced for that reason given would not alter that for me.

I would also leave positive for the other guy, since he delivered the product according to the terms he offered. But I likely would not buy from him again. I might mention the issue in my comments.

First seller is definitely not getting a positive, I paid double postage ($28 for a priority medium flat rate that actually cost him less than $14) I messaged him and politely told him I was not happy and thought he should refund part of my shipping and he never responded.

The second seller, I am leaving a positive and will mention the mistake, he shipped right away and the packaging was good so he is getting a pass on the mistake.

Michael B 08-22-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1693374)
First seller is definitely not getting a positive, I paid double postage ($28 for a priority medium flat rate that actually cost him less than $14) I messaged him and politely told him I was not happy and thought he should refund part of my shipping and he never responded.

The second seller, I am leaving a positive and will mention the mistake, he shipped right away and the packaging was good so he is getting a pass on the mistake.

I agree with the second seller. No matter how hard you try, it is still possible to transpose the numbers on a zip code.

The first seller I would probably leave a neutral and give one star for communication and shipping. My comment would be that the items were fine, but charged double for postage, but shipped in one box.

Leon 08-23-2017 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael B (Post 1693408)
I agree with the second seller. No matter how hard you try, it is still possible to transpose the numbers on a zip code.

The first seller I would probably leave a neutral and give one star for communication and shipping. My comment would be that the items were fine, but charged double for postage, but shipped in one box.

Me too....

savedfrommyspokes 08-24-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1693374)

I would contact ebay and see it there is anything they can provide to you in terms of a partial refund for the s/h.....depending on the CSR at ebay, you may end up with some funds back.

Jim65 08-24-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes (Post 1694355)
I would contact ebay and see it there is anything they can provide to you in terms of a partial refund for the s/h.....depending on the CSR at ebay, you may end up with some funds back.

I thought about that but I'm not sure the time and effort is worth whatever I would get.