Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Pat Collins signed ball? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270566)

Case12 06-25-2019 02:54 PM

Pat Collins signed ball?

2 Attachment(s)
Here's another one for your viewing pleasure. Too good to be true?

kateighty 06-25-2019 04:15 PM

For a second there I thought you were referring to the hilarious NBC4 Washington reporter with the snow stick. He too is Pat Collins. Oops. Please tell me I'm not the only one who briefly thought this!

prewarsports 06-25-2019 06:00 PM

Doubt it. Pat Collins died in 1960 in obscurity, which is why he is rare. The Babe Ruth League was not even a thing until the 1950's.

Bpm0014 06-25-2019 07:10 PM

That looks like it was signed in May 2019

David Atkatz 06-25-2019 07:15 PM

Case 12, almost everything you post--including this ball--is a forgery. And poor forgeries at that. They can be seen to be bad even without being familiar with the genuine signatures. They are slowly drawn, shaky, and too large, for starters.
It really is time you did some homework, and learn a bit about autographs.

Klrdds 06-25-2019 07:16 PM

My first thought when I saw the ball and slow signature and ink type was here's a C C special or as they are also affectionately known here as R C .

David Atkatz 06-25-2019 07:17 PM

And how many forgeries must this same dealer post before you stop looking at his offerings?

Case12 06-25-2019 09:00 PM

My apologies. I have studied since the 90's. I used to use Barry Halpers collection for exemplars before the internet. It's just not in my DNA I guess. I see I am taxing the forum with my questions, and certainly see the items when I am corrected (when like I found out my Cobb was fake due to the paraph. Before that I didn't know what a paraph was. Now I see it every time I look at a Cobb). I did think the Griffith might stand a chance. I tossed the Collins in for giggles to show the length forgers would go for something so rare and even rarely known by an average collector. I certainly appreciate your patience and advice. I will just observe for a while, and learn as I can. I will pipe in occasionally to request thoughts on things more significant to me. No worries. Casey

Fuddjcal 06-26-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1892935)
My apologies. I have studied since the 90's. I used to use Barry Halpers collection for exemplars before the internet. It's just not in my DNA I guess. I see I am taxing the forum with my questions, and certainly see the items when I am corrected (when like I found out my Cobb was fake due to the paraph. Before that I didn't know what a paraph was. Now I see it every time I look at a Cobb). I did think the Griffith might stand a chance. I tossed the Collins in for giggles to show the length forgers would go for something so rare and even rarely known by an average collector. I certainly appreciate your patience and advice. I will just observe for a while, and learn as I can. I will pipe in occasionally to request thoughts on things more significant to me. No worries. Casey

I don't mind looking at the mountains of forgeries you posses. It's very entertaining. You have the Clark W Griswald, Pat Collins the hip Hypnotist and Sauy Kuufux to go along with the fake stengel and the fake Randy Johnson with the 60K watch worth $2.50 Nice collection. All fake just like barry halpers collection. NBF. Nothing but fakes

Fuddjcal 06-26-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1892903)
And how many forgeries must this same dealer post before you stop looking at his offerings?

:D How many? That is the question.:D

frankbmd 06-26-2019 09:49 AM

How come everyone is overlooking the authentic “Babe Ruth” autograph on that ball?

bnorth 06-26-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1892903)

I don't know but that Stephen guy asked about 100s of fake items and no one seemed to get tired of responding to his silly fake item questions.:)

w7imel 06-30-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuddjcal (Post 1893039)
I don't mind looking at the mountains of forgeries you posses. It's very entertaining. You have the Clark W Griswald, Pat Collins the hip Hypnotist and Sauy Kuufux to go along with the fake stengel and the fake Randy Johnson with the 60K watch worth $2.50 Nice collection. All fake just like barry halpers collection. NBF. Nothing but fakes

I dont mind really either. Bad posts are better than no posts some weeks...It has been slow around here.:D:D