Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone know if the louisville ky Memorial Day weekend antique market (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=222925)

4scuda 05-23-2016 11:37 AM

Anyone know if the louisville ky Memorial Day weekend antique market

Anybody know if the antique market at the Kentucky expo is any good to buy or sell memorabilia? I am an antique dealer and want to thin my sports collection, trying to decide if it's worth taking a heavy dose of sports stuff or if I should stick to more general merchandise. I've not been there before so any opinion would help.

Bill Rayburn 05-23-2016 12:22 PM

I live about 3 hours away, been there many times looking for sports stuff. The last few years has been pretty slim. Good antique flee market, don't totally load up on sports but if you have a good selection of vintage sports items you should do OK.

autograf 05-23-2016 02:01 PM

It's not what it was in the 1990's but, then again, what is? There is a HUGE crowd there typically. There used to be a really good selection of antiques which drew a better crowd for buying. There are very few sports dealers there with anything older than the 1980's, so you might do well. There are people who are looking for that kind of stuff, including me. Good luck!

4scuda 05-23-2016 03:56 PM

sounds like my local market a few serious collectors and throngs of folks who seem mostly interested in standing in the food line. Ill take a broad selection hopefully Ill have some of the right stuff. I usually enjoy myself anyway and maybe I'll meet some new friends.

murphusa 05-23-2016 04:05 PM

Plenty of buyers right here

vintagesportscollector 05-23-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphusa (Post 1542304)
Plenty of buyers right here

+1. If you are looking to thin your antique sports collection, plenty of serious collectors on this forum. ;)

4scuda 05-23-2016 04:58 PM

I guess that is true. I generally like to sell in person, but we've all seen the opportunity to sale at sports shows is very limited and the ones there are cost a ton to setup. I'll post pictures of my setup Friday and people can let me know if they see something there interested in.

4scuda 05-27-2016 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well the market is exactly what I expected, but met a couple nice folks and moved a few sports items so far. If your in louisville area stop by or drop me a message if you see anything your interested in.

Wildfireschulte 05-27-2016 04:09 PM

Nice set up - I like the Red Grange Illinois pennant. I had good success thinning out the collection by selling at the Elkhorn antique market in Wisconsin a few times each summer. Although the $20 price point seemed to be the sweet spot. Good luck this weekend.

4scuda 05-27-2016 05:48 PM

this is a multiple day show so I hope to move some more tomorrow. I sold several items today which totaled enough to pay for the 29 Cubs series program I just won from huggins Scott, so it's working ok. Move a multiple of lesser items and get a single nicer item.

HRBAKER 05-28-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autograf (Post 1542238)
It's not what it was in the 1990's but, then again, what is? There is a HUGE crowd there typically. There used to be a really good selection of antiques which drew a better crowd for buying. There are very few sports dealers there with anything older than the 1980's, so you might do well. There are people who are looking for that kind of stuff, including me. Good luck!

Those were the days!