Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Found Draper-Maynard glove wondering if it is worth keeping (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84455)

Archive 03-03-2007 05:46 PM

Found Draper-Maynard glove wondering if it is worth keeping

Posted By: <b>lilysdad</b><p>I found a Hugh Critz baseball mitt in good shape, it is model G97 and am wondering the value of it? Is it collectable? Thanks for any insight.

Archive 03-03-2007 06:57 PM

Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Hugh Critz was one of the main endorsers of D&M gloves in the late 1920's-30s so I'm not sure if the glove is "rare" or "Scarce". It is definitely collectible depending on condition.<br /><br />edited to add: All player model gloves from the 1920s are collectible, but of course just like cards they have different values that depend on a number of factors including condition and scarcity.

Archive 03-03-2007 07:54 PM

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>If I have my equipment history correct, Draper Maynard was bought out by Goldsmith & Sons in the 1930s, with Goldsmith later changing their name to MacGregor-Goldsmith then MacGregor. So the Draper Maynard name on a baseball glove, shoe or other equipment identifies the item as circa 1930s or earlier.<br />

Archive 03-03-2007 08:26 PM

Posted By: <b>Mike Ellis</b><p>Draper Maynard Gloves are very collectable. In the "Vintage Baseball Glove Pocket Price Guide - NO. 8" Hughie Critz gloves are listed as RARE. The value depends on the condition (surprise!). The price guide values range between $100 for a very good glove to $375 or more in near mint. If you need more information e-mail me and I can give you the contact information for Joe Phillips at The Glove Collector. He is a great guy and is always willing to help. Mike

Archive 03-03-2007 08:30 PM

Posted By: <b>Mark Lutz</b><p>I want to echo that praise of Joe Phillips. He seems eager to help people learn about his end of the hobby/ business.

Melenas55 06-20-2020 08:24 PM

This is not a reply to the previous discussion. It is a separate question. I just purchased a D & M glove on eBay. I assumed it was a Draper and Maynard glove, but after looking on the internet, it seems that Draper and Maynard was purchased by McGregor in 1937. It is a Gil McDougald, model DG 912. From the style of the glove I assume that is a late 50's or most probably a early to mid 60's glove. Any info on this glove would be appreciated.

jbsports33 06-22-2020 03:54 PM

Pictures are always helpful so we can help - D&M items are very interesting and the company has some neat history - NH even has space and buildings for info about the company - sounds like the gloves are not early D&M - looking at catalogs can be helpful.

Jimmy

Baseball Glove Collector 06-25-2020 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Melenas55. That glove was produced from 1955 to 1961. Here's a catalog snip from '55. Hope it helps a bit.

JD
www.baseballglovecollector.com