Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The man formally known as the KING OF CLOUT (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175306)

slidekellyslide 09-05-2013 12:10 PM

I'll echo the thoughts of many here...he is a great guy and was a great poster...I'm not sure why he left, but he started some of the best threads on the memorabilia side. Maybe someday he will return.

GrayGhost 09-05-2013 12:20 PM

He got offended when some questioned why he would/could pay more money than some would kill for to pay bills for a photo.:rolleyes:

He was offended easily if someone questioned a photo, etc. But, that said, he has GREAT taste and if he is fortunate enough to be not basically living day to day, then enjoy the hobby. He was/is as passionate for what he collects as anyone probably is.

Forever Young 09-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 1180822)
He got offended when some questioned why he would/could pay more money than some would kill for to pay bills for a photo.:rolleyes:

He was offended easily if someone questioned a photo, etc. But, that said, he has GREAT taste and if he is fortunate enough to be not basically living day to day, then enjoy the hobby. He was/is as passionate for what he collects as anyone probably is.

LOL... it has NOTHING to do with this incoherant nonsense. Your problems are yours.... Enough said/time taken on that. Just...WOW.
SMH

I will agree however, he has GREAT taste and is a very passionate collector.

STILL...SMH

bobfreedman 09-05-2013 01:02 PM

Jimmy

Jimmy has been one of the biggest helps to me in learning about photos and is a class act second to none. Between Rhys, Ben and Jimmy, you could not find a better grouping of people leading this part of the hobby.

1880nonsports 09-05-2013 01:09 PM

most excellent

interview good but the pix spectacular - easy to see why one might go in this direction....

perezfan 09-05-2013 01:25 PM

Memorabilia Forum was far better when Jimmy was around. He started some threads that literally ran for years, and were very thought-provoking. For a couple of years, he was the key cog in this machine...

He was a good online friend, and was fun to trade with. Photos are his passion but he is well-versed in other areas as well. He is a world-class Beatles collector, too. I know he went through a renaissance of sorts, some health issues, and a downsizing phase. Glad to see he's still thriving...

Anyway, I hope he sees this thread and re-emerges at some point. This is definitely a better place with Jimmy on-board!

Runscott 09-05-2013 02:20 PM

I echo the positive things that others have said about Jimmy - I have had some of my favorite photo conversations with Jimmy, and he has always been very respectful of my opinion, even though we don't always agree on certain aspects of the hobby. Same is true for Ben and David - we have some incredibly knowledgeable people on this side of the forum, and also some really good people.

GrayGhost 09-05-2013 02:27 PM

Those were reasons he left from what I saw, but to Ben, I do apologize and if Jimmy is reading to him too, and Leon as well.

Too much personal bad stuff and I let it spill over here. UNCALLED FOR again.

Forever Young 09-05-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 1180865)
Memorabilia Forum was far better when Jimmy was around. He started some threads that literally ran for years, and were very thought-provoking. For a couple of years, he was the key cog in this machine...

He was a good online friend, and was fun to trade with. Photos are his passion but he is well-versed in other areas as well. He is a world-class Beatles collector, too. I know he went through a renaissance of sorts, some health issues, and a downsizing phase. Glad to see he's still thriving...

Anyway, I hope he sees this thread and re-emerges at some point. This is definitely a better place with Jimmy on-board!

Completely agree. He was... still is the man. He served(s) up a lot of energy and insight. He da man. He will be truly missed. RIP JIMMY.. RIP DUDE.... :)

GrayGhost 09-05-2013 07:46 PM

The man didn't die did he? I saw RIP.