Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: What would you do? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321064)

Eric72 06-14-2022 01:14 PM

OT: What would you do?

The thread is only slightly OT. Pretend the item was a t206 common, if that helps.

I sold an item on eBay and shipped it the next day. A few days later, the buyer left me positive feedback. The feedback stated, "Properly packaged and marked for shipping..."

So far, so good.

A few days after that, I received a message from the buyer. "This item was expected to be delivered on XXXX. It still hasn't arrived..."

Interesting.

I submitted a USPS Missing Mail Search. The item was marked delivered the following day. I informed the buyer, who wrote, "It came today..."

Glad to hear that. I'm also glad to know I package things so well. You praised my packaging almost a week ago.

My question is this:
Was someone attempting to scam me? I think so, and plan to block them. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something innocent.

Eric72 06-14-2022 01:18 PM

Just to be clear, I didn't send the, "Glad to hear that...almost a week ago." line to them. I kept the communication polite and professional.

JollyElm 06-14-2022 02:01 PM

Just a thought, but it's possible the buyer accidentally left feedback for the wrong card. Maybe he does a cut and paste job with his feedback, leaving the same "properly packaged" verbiage every time (I do that when I leave positive feedback to make it quick and easy). Again, just a possibility that he simply screwed up in that sort of fashion.

Jim65 06-14-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric72 (Post 2234215)
The thread is only slightly OT. Pretend the item was a t206 common, if that helps.

I sold an item on eBay and shipped it the next day. A few days later, the buyer left me positive feedback. The feedback stated, "Properly packaged and marked for shipping..."

So far, so good.

A few days after that, I received a message from the buyer. "This item was expected to be delivered on XXXX. It still hasn't arrived..."

Interesting.

I submitted a USPS Missing Mail Search. The item was marked delivered the following day. I informed the buyer, who wrote, "It came today..."

Glad to hear that. I'm also glad to know I package things so well. You praised my packaging almost a week ago.

My question is this:
Was someone attempting to scam me? I think so, and plan to block them. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something innocent.

He probably left feedback by mistake.

I'm not sure why you think he was scamming you. When he asked about the package, it wasn't delivered yet. When you told him it showed delivered the next day, he acknowledged that it came. What did he do wrong?

Eric72 06-14-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2234233)
He probably left feedback by mistake.

I'm not sure why you think he was scamming you. When he asked about the package, it wasn't delivered yet. When you told him it showed delivered the next day, he acknowledged that it came. What did he do wrong?

I was thinking they got the package and later noticed tracking didn't show it as having been delivered.

Gorditadogg 06-14-2022 02:24 PM

I would chill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yoda 06-14-2022 03:01 PM

The times, they breed paranoia.

53toppscollector 06-15-2022 10:50 AM

When I leave feedback for sellers on ebay, its almost always the cut/paste same comment. I typically dont leave feedback until i've received the item, but sometimes when trying to leave feedback for 10+ items in bulk, you accidentally leave feedback for an item you haven't received. His feedback sounds like pretty standard copy/paste feedback

Leon 06-16-2022 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2234251)
The times, they breed paranoia.

+1. And have I mentioned to be really careful on our BST pages. There are scammers over there very frequently. Nine times out of ten they just registered and snuck under the door. Always give a PM to me or another moderator to be safe. I can pick up the phone and call :)

and a BST purchase a few years back.....Thanks Tony!