Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Selling Eclectic Autographs Advice - Auctions? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=265449)

Case12 02-05-2019 05:25 PM

Selling Eclectic Autographs Advice - Auctions?

I have couple duplicate vintage autographs (value maybe $50 - $200 each) in a mix of fields in my own collection - all household names. Is there an auction house you can recommend, or am I better off just taking the hassle to put each on eBay? Most are books, letters or cuts. Most military, politics, football, racing, astronauts - all signed:

J. Unitas (large photo), R. Nixon, J. Pershing, C. Nimitz, D. Gurney (huge formula photo), B. Graham, E. Taylor, J.E. Hoover, Halsey, O. Bradley, J. Namath (mini ball), B. Aldrin, G. Krantz, F. Tarkenton (mini-ball), G. Dewey, H. Kissinger, C. Shelby, J. Brown, R. Petty (1:18 car), G. Barris, E. Roth, S. Muldowney, J. Glenn, A Shepard, B. McCandless, J.Lovell, M. Andretti, C. Powell, O. North, C. Yeager, P. Tibbets, T. Bradshaw, N. Schwarzkopf, J. Rice (mini helmet), A.J. Foyt, D. Cheney, L. Iaccoca, J. Force.

My plan is to search for a Ty Cobb cut or check. My wife tells me to get rid of these duplicates first.

Thank you for advice. Casey

Lordstan 02-05-2019 05:29 PM

Why not start by putting them on net54 BST? It's free and is an easy way to begin to move them.

Case12 02-05-2019 05:31 PM

I thought this was for baseball (maybe football) only?

ATP 02-05-2019 06:31 PM

I might be interested in buying these from you, depending on what some of them are signed on. Usually I have some kind of Cobb autograph I could trade as well but I don't at the moment. Also, some of these have known secretarials/autopens that I can check for you. You don't want to accidentally sell one of those on eBay or it can be a hassle. I'll send you a PM.

Aquarian Sports Cards 02-05-2019 07:05 PM

I have a general collectibles auction coming up with a large amount of Hollywood autographs and some military. We get all important autographs certified.

Case12 02-05-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP (Post 1852346)
I might be interested in buying these from you, depending on what some of them are signed on. Usually I have some kind of Cobb autograph I could trade as well but I don't at the moment. Also, some of these have known secretarials/autopens that I can check for you. You don't want to accidentally sell one of those on eBay or it can be a hassle. I'll send you a PM.

I would be happy to go through them with you. Most are already authenticated. I will send you a message tmmrw. Thanks, Casey

Case12 02-05-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP (Post 1852346)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1852363)
I have a general collectibles auction coming up with a large amount of Hollywood autographs and some military. We get all important autographs certified.

I will send you a message tmmrw. I have 30 or so Hollywood autos to sell (most are present day) but didn't want to burden the forum talking about those. I have 2 vintage Elizabeth Taylor (she is the most beautiful woman in the world ::-). BTW, all these I mention are from my private collection. I don't think I have ever sold anything (I did sell a Buzz Aldrin a long time ago).

bnorth 02-05-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1852381)
I would be happy to go through them with you. Most are already authenticated. I will send you a message tmmrw. Thanks, Casey

Would like to see the O North auto. Depending on what he signed I might be interested.

Mr. Zipper 02-06-2019 06:50 AM

I may be interested in the J. Glenn, A Shepard, B. McCandless, J. Lovell, C. Yeager, and P. Tibbets depending on the format and signature era.

Feel free to send me a private message with photos.

Case12 02-06-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1852387)
Would like to see the O North auto. Depending on what he signed I might be interested.

Extremely nice. Book, Under Fire. Lots of provenence. Photos of him signing. Banquet card attended. Inscribed on book page large 'Ron "Semper Fi" Oliver North'. PM me your email. I will send pictures.

Case12 02-06-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1852455)
I may be interested in the J. Glenn, A Shepard, B. McCandless, J. Lovell, C. Yeager, and P. Tibbets depending on the format and signature era.

Feel free to send me a private message with photos.

Please PM me your email. Happy to send.

Case12 02-06-2019 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1852476)
Extremely nice. Book, Under Fire. Lots of provenence. Photos of him signing. Banquet card attended. Inscribed on book page large 'Ron "Semper Fi" Oliver North'. PM me your email. I will send pictures.

One of the photos. CaseyAttachment 343523