Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   First negative feedback in over 10 years. Advice? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=232376)

bobbyw8469 12-12-2016 06:31 PM

First negative feedback in over 10 years. Advice?

Hello all...I got my first negative feedback in over 10 years. The buyer claimed he didn't know my Clemente rookie was MISCUT even though the qualifier was plastered all over the auction. Do you think I will have any success in getting Ebay to remove the feedback?

bnorth 12-12-2016 06:38 PM

It is just one negative, forget about it and move on. At most leave a comment saying it was clearly listed in the auction. Seriously nobody will care about 1 neg in that time period and if they do you don't want those type bidding on you stuff anyway.

FourStrikes 12-12-2016 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1610006)
...nobody will care about 1 neg in that time period and if they do you don't want those type bidding on you stuff anyway.

agreed - 1st neg in 10+ years may kinda suck, but it's NOT worth the drama.

JMO

D. Bergin 12-12-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1610006)
It is just one negative, forget about it and move on. At most leave a comment saying it was clearly listed in the auction. Seriously nobody will care about 1 neg in that time period and if they do you don't want those type bidding on you stuff anyway.

Yup. Just work on getting it off of page 1 as quick as possible.

Doesn't count as a defect anymore, so not worth getting anxiety about.

I say that even though I know I would be just as annoyed if it was me. :D

EvilKing00 12-13-2016 04:06 AM

Wouldnt bother me as a buyer

Jason 12-13-2016 06:28 AM

I would say you have a very good chance assuming the negative comment or a message has him saying the reason for the return is the miscut. A quick screen shot of the auction listing/description should be all you need.

jfkheat 12-13-2016 08:20 AM

In the feedback the buyer didn't mention what the issue was. I doubt that Ebay would remove the feedback because of that. I see MC 4 times in your listing. If the buyer missed that it is his fault.
James

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Topps-R...p2047675.l2557

rjackson44 12-13-2016 10:25 AM

feebay sucks ,,

vintagetoppsguy 12-13-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1610118)
In the feedback the buyer didn't mention what the issue was. I doubt that Ebay would remove the feedback because of that. I see MC 4 times in your listing. If the buyer missed that it is his fault.
James

I disagree. You can't make personal attacks in the feedback you leave. That's exactly what this buyer did. I think he has a very strong chance if getting it removed.

I also disagree with just letting it go. To me, my feedback is a lot like my credit rating - it shows my trustworthiness. If I had inaccurate informationo on my credit report, I certainly wouldn't just let it go.

D. Bergin 12-13-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 1610118)
James

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Topps-R...p2047675.l2557

Actually, looking at the feedback, Bobby may be able to get Ebay to remove it. You're not allowed to leave obscenities or personal remarks in feedback comments. I think this might qualify.

You can leave your opinion about a transaction, but not of the person selling the item.

D. Bergin 12-13-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1610150)
I disagree. You can't make personal attacks in the feedback you leave. That's exactly what this buyer did. I think he has a very strong chance if getting it removed.

I also disagree with just letting it go. To me, my feedback is a lot like my credit rating - it shows my trustworthiness. If I had inaccurate informationo on my credit report, I certainly wouldn't just let it go.

Just beat me to it. :D

Michael B 12-13-2016 03:10 PM

Perhaps this tool did not know what MC meant. I do not collect cards so I would not know. I only see MC and not 'miscut' Never underestimate the ignorance or stupidity of the pedestrian card collector (not Net54 members who appear extremely knowledgeable). I will add that looking at the image you posted it is clearly graded and in a tomb. It would be very difficult to misrepresent that when you are showing the full image.

bobbyw8469 12-13-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael B (Post 1610226)
Perhaps this tool did not know what MC meant. I do not collect cards so I would not know. I only see MC and not 'miscut' Never underestimate the ignorance or stupidity of the pedestrian card collector (not Net54 members who appear extremely knowledgeable). I will add that looking at the image you posted it is clearly graded and in a tomb. It would be very difficult to misrepresent that when you are showing the full image.

Down in the item specifics, it also says: Qualifier: (MC) Miscut.

There was no hiding the qualifier in that auction. He is bidding $600+ on a card, he knew what he was bidding on. A straight '4' would have cost him over $1,500.

1952boyntoncollector 12-13-2016 05:06 PM

Maybe bryce harper was upset with this listing and being questioned

Michael B 12-13-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1610233)
Down in the item specifics, it also says: Qualifier: (MC) Miscut.

There was no hiding the qualifier in that auction. He is bidding $600+ on a card, he knew what he was bidding on. A straight '4' would have cost him over $1,500.

I did see the MC, but not the word itself. As I said I do not collect cards and would not know that. Unfortunately you ran into a card collector who does not know what that means or ignored it.

Don't feel bad about the negative. It is the price of doing business. I once got a negative for selling a signed 'official league' ball. The person gave me a negative because it was not an OAL (Official American League) or ONL (Official National League) even though I spelled out the words.

savedfrommyspokes 12-15-2016 08:59 AM

Ebay has been much more generous with removing negative feedbacks I have received. ALL of them were for things such as this, a MC card CLEARLY pictured and identified in the listing.

My approach is simple. Send a professional message (non-accusatory) to the buyer asking what can be done to resolve their concern. If the buyer does not respond (which they do not always), I then contact ebay and speak to a live person. Explain that buyer's reasoning for leaving the negative feedback is clearly described and pictured in the listing. Point out I made contact with the buyer and offered to make it right (accept return) and got no response. The fact that I delivered what was described/pictured and the fact I attempted to contact the buyer to make right has resulted on the removal of all feedbacks in these cases.

If the buyer does respond, I again encourage the option to return in the message and verify they received the item pictured/described was received. No matter what their response is, I wait a week, contact ebay and the let them know the item was delivered as described and I made an attempt to rectify the problem. Again all cases had feedback removed.

I even had a non-delivery of an item (no tracking on a cheap card) that resulted in a negative. I politely reached out to the buyer and got no response. A week after my message to the buyer received no response, I contacted ebay and they removed the negative.