Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OT: baseball-reference.com link to player uniforms (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=235910)

thecatspajamas 02-25-2017 06:13 AM

OT: baseball-reference.com link to player uniforms

Where is it on the page?

Before their makeover, baseball-reference.com had a link on each player's page that would take you to a page showing a compilation of all the uniform styles that player would have worn based on the years and teams they played for. The uniform images were from the Hall of Fame's Dressed to the Nines online exhibit, which in turn uses primarily images from Mark Okkonen's uniform research. It was (hopefully is?) a very handy way to help date photographs where you know the player, but need to narrow the date range based on the uniform style he is wearing.

Well, I can't find the link any longer on the baseball-reference.com page. Perhaps it's still there, as they have a lot of expandable menus that are collapsed by default on the player's page. Anyone know how to get to what I'm talking about? Is that crossover information no longer available directly from the baseball-reference.com site?

I can always go directly to the Hall of Fame's site, but the summary of years and teams by player is often much more useful for this type of research than having to input the team and date range being looked for on the HOF's site, especially for players who jumped around a lot.

Dewey2007 02-25-2017 09:01 AM

Good question Lance. I looked all over the Mazeroski page I was on and couldn't find it either. To bad if they eliminated that link.

I also noticed in the new B-R website look that they have buried the individual player page sponsors to near the bottom. That's a bummer if you are sponsoring a player page since those stood out in the old format.

keithsky 02-25-2017 09:44 AM

I always go to Baseball-Almanac.com to find the uniform numbers. It's a little hard to find but they are there

thecatspajamas 02-25-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithsky (Post 1635195)
I always go to Baseball-Almanac.com to find the uniform numbers. It's a little hard to find but they are there

They do still have the uniform number information, which is very helpful as well. It's the link to the uniform styles that I can't seem to find.

keithsky 02-25-2017 12:48 PM

Yeah baseball almamac they don't have the uniform number styles just what number each player wore during his career. Guess I misunderstood. Sorry

roarfrom34 02-25-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey2007 (Post 1635181)
Good question Lance. I looked all over the Mazeroski page I was on and couldn't find it either. To bad if they eliminated that link.

I also noticed in the new B-R website look that they have buried the individual player page sponsors to near the bottom. That's a bummer if you are sponsoring a player page since those stood out in the old format.

Dewey:

Being a page sponsor myself, they did notify me of this and offered a pro rata refund should I want one....The other option was to simply do nothing (having paid 12 months), have it moved to the middle of the page and it will stay there at no cost for a minimum of two years (most likely longer).

Bill

Dewey2007 02-25-2017 06:07 PM

Bill, good to hear that the page sponsor was given options with the move of the sponsor information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarfrom34 (Post 1635357)
Dewey:

Being a page sponsor myself, they did notify me of this and offered a pro rata refund should I want one....The other option was to simply do nothing (having paid 12 months), have it moved to the middle of the page and it will stay there at no cost for a minimum of two years (most likely longer).

Bill