Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   O/T - Requesting Help with a Survey (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150360)

White Borders 04-23-2012 08:17 PM

O/T - Requesting Help with a Survey

First, this is not a survey to get you to buy something or to get you to donate to a charity.

A friend of the family is working on her thesis for her Masters in Communications. She is collecting data via a survey about charitable donations. I said I know of a bunch of guys on a baseball card forum, and I'd post the link to the survey and ask them to divert their attentions from little pieces of old cardboard for 5-15 minutes.

If you have donated to a charity in the last 12 months, it would be very much appreciated if you could take 5-15 minutes to complete the survey found by clicking on the following link.

Survey

If you don't want to take or don't feel comfortable with the questions, then please find something else to do with these 5-15 minutes of your time. :p

If you want to pass this on, please feel free to do so.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig

teetwoohsix 04-24-2012 10:07 AM

Survey

Hi Craig-

I went to take the survey, and the first question was wanting to know if I've donated money to a charitable organization. I answered no, and that was the end of the survey for me :o

I thought I could participate because my wife and I donate clothes and shoes and other items to a thrift store that gives a percentage of it's proceeds to an organization that helps victims of domestic violence.

So, I'll ask my wife if she's donated any $$ to a charity and if so I'll have her take the survey. It's likely she has- I can tell by some of the mail we get :D

Take care- wish I could've helped.

Sincerely, Clayton

White Borders 04-24-2012 12:30 PM

Hi Clayton,

Thanks for trying to take the survey :)

The girl (Robin) who is using it for her Masters thesis is Dutch. She attends a university in Madrid, where she met and got engaged to Chris Stockw.ood, who is from the Kansas City area. His parents are Jim & Trudy Stockw.ood. Jim and Trudy do a lot to help my mom, who is 80. Since I'm one of their email contacts, they included me in their distribution asking if we could help out their future daughter-in-law. And they asked us to pass it along to others since Robin needs 200 American responses and 200 Dutch.

I thought the survey is interesting in that many of the questions are nearly the same with slightly different wording. I suppose that is to gain data on how certain phrases can affect the results.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Craig

Leon 04-24-2012 06:27 PM

I took it

I took the survey....seems like there were a few almost duplicated questions so I understand about how phrasing a question, in multiple ways, might elicit different answers.

39special 04-25-2012 04:04 AM

I took the survey.I hope it helped her out.

pariah1107 05-01-2012 11:06 AM

Also took the survey.... good luck with the research.