Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is anybody else having trouble using PayPal on eBay? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=283840)

Chris Counts 05-28-2020 06:42 AM

Is anybody else having trouble using PayPal on eBay?

For the third time in the last month or so, I have a transaction today that is hung up between eBay and PayPal. I tried calling both with no luck. They both seem determined to make me deal with an automated system, which I tried, and so far, it's failed. Is anybody else experiencing this? Any advice? Thanks, Chris

swarmee 05-28-2020 06:57 AM

More information:
1) Are you using a PC, Mac, or cellphone? Browser?
2) Are you getting captchas?
3) Are your passwords strong?

Try using a different computer or smartphone; that seems to be a culprit more often than not.

Bored5000 05-28-2020 06:58 AM

I had the same problem maybe six weeks ago. My payment just would not process, even after many attempts over the course of two or three days. I changed browsers and that seemed to solve the problem. I have used PayPal a few times since then and have not had a problem.

TCMA 05-28-2020 07:07 AM

I’ve been trying to create shipping labels this morning and currently eBay will not accept my payments. First time this has happened but lately in the mornings their site has been having trouble loading. Usually clears up after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCMA 05-28-2020 07:44 AM

Looks like whatever the issue was has cleared itself of up on my end now. For some reason bay's site doesn't play nice in the morning.

buymycards 05-28-2020 08:06 AM

PayPal

The eBay/PayPal interface has been sporadic over the past couple of months. A customer will pay, eBay will show that the item is paid for, but the transaction won't show up in my PayPal account for 2-3 days. Then, I will get a message from PP telling me that I received a payment.

There are also sporadic problems when paying for the shipping labels through the eBay/PayPal system, and on some transactions, I will get a notice from PayPal that the item has been paid for, and the item will show up in my awaiting shipment page. Then, a few minutes later, the item disappears from the awaiting shipment page and it shows up as unpaid in my awaiting payment page.

hcv123 05-28-2020 08:13 AM

Been doing a bunch of transactions

For the most part I haven't had a problem with 1 exception - This happened about 2 weeks ago - I sold an item (auction) - Ebay was reflecting that it was paid for and needed to be shipped but in fact it wasn't. I ultimately had to open an unpaid item case and cancel the transaction as the buyer never paid - it took Ebay about 10 days before the item reflected properly.
I haven't been on this morning. I have also noticed a slight uptick in non paying bidders.

maniac_73 05-28-2020 08:18 AM

Something odd is definitely happening with ebay. I was hacked last week even though I have 2 layer authentication enabled. someone made 2 purchases on my account, used my paypal and had the products delivered to an address in California(I live in Canada). Paypal support said they would investigate and get back to me in 48 hours...Crickets. Thats why I prefer transactions here..that and the ebay shipping fees to Canada are ridiculous.