Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Bryce Harper RC help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=206584)

Sean 05-29-2015 01:48 PM

Bryce Harper RC help

What would be a reasonable price for a Bryce Harper rookie card, in near-mint condition? :confused:

A friend asked me to find out, but since I'm only familiar with prewar I couldn't answer him. I'm hoping that some of the modern card collectors on the board can help out. Thanks. :)

mmier118 05-29-2015 02:37 PM

I am by no means an expert on Bryce harper RC's and since he has been on such a hot streak these prices might be a little stale. But Bryce Harpers 2010 Bowman Chrome USA card I believe runs around $40-$50, His 2011 Bowman Chrome Auto is going for around $500 now, and I believe his 2012 Topps card with the RC logo goes for 8-15 I believe. His 2012 cards are his "rookie" cards and the others would be prospect cards, so it just depends on what you are looking for. His 2012 "rc" cards can range from $4.00 for his bowman draft paper, to several hundred dollars for his Topps heritage RC. I hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask

HOF Auto Rookies 05-29-2015 04:22 PM

He has a lot of "rookies". What are you looking at specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarmee 05-29-2015 06:10 PM

http://www.comc.com/Cards,so,i100,=bryce+harper

Look for it here. Or on completed listings on eBay.

JoeDfan 05-29-2015 06:37 PM

Although maybe not a true rookie card, I love the USA baseball card sets. His 2008 USA Upper Deck card is around $80 raw, $150 slabbed in a good grade.

t206blogcom 05-29-2015 07:55 PM

Don't buy any now. They've tripled in price within the last month.

Sean 05-29-2015 11:57 PM

Thank you everyone. I'll pass this information along. :)

ls7plus 06-10-2015 03:39 PM

I know its hard to have patience, but please remember that early on in such a young, hot player's career, the large part of the demand for all of his key cards is inflated by that which is speculative and/or transient in character (the latter means that this type of demand typically moves on to the next, latest and greatest "hot" card rather quickly). The time to buy these guys, when their card prices bear some semblance to reality, is when they have established a likely HOF-level career, and are in their mid to late thirties downslide. By then, all speculative demand is gone, and that which was transient in character will have long since moved on. Value/price is directly proportionate to demand over supply, and true value in Harper's case, unless you JUST GOTTA HAVE HIM NOW, will not be established for quite a few years. Believe me, I know that GOTTA HAVE HIM NOW FEELING--I moved on to vintage many years ago due largely to the above factors, but indulged myself once concerning that obsessive factor in 2010, paying $229.00 for a one of 25 red refractor Brennan Boesch card when he was hitting .320+ with ten homers by early June that year. I highly doubt I could get $2.29 for that card now, unless I sold it to one of his family members, and keep it solely as symbolic of a lesson well and permanently learned.

Another example are the gold refractor rookies of Joe Mauer, which at one time were going for close to $2,000. Could you even get a tenth of that now, when he is a rather poor-hitting first baseman, instead of a HOF-to be catcher???

If you must have a Harper rookie now, buy one of the cheaper ones, and then upgrade (much) later to a tougher one, after his real value is well-established.

Best of luck in your collecting,

Larry

7nohitter 06-11-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls7plus (Post 1420048)
I know its hard to have patience, but please remember that early on in such a young, hot player's career, the large part of the demand for all of his key cards is inflated by that which is speculative and/or transient in character (the latter means that this type of demand typically moves on to the next, latest and greatest "hot" card rather quickly). The time to buy these guys, when their card prices bear some semblance to reality, is when they have established a likely HOF-level career, and are in their mid to late thirties downslide. By then, all speculative demand is gone, and that which was transient in character will have long since moved on. Value/price is directly proportionate to demand over supply, and true value in Harper's case, unless you JUST GOTTA HAVE HIM NOW, will not be established for quite a few years. Believe me, I know that GOTTA HAVE HIM NOW FEELING--I moved on to vintage many years ago due largely to the above factors, but indulged myself once concerning that obsessive factor in 2010, paying $229.00 for a one of 25 red refractor Brennan Boesch card when he was hitting .320+ with ten homers by early June that year. I highly doubt I could get $2.29 for that card now, unless I sold it to one of his family members, and keep it solely as symbolic of a lesson well and permanently learned.

Another example are the gold refractor rookies of Joe Mauer, which at one time were going for close to $2,000. Could you even get a tenth of that now, when he is a rather poor-hitting first baseman, instead of a HOF-to be catcher???

If you must have a Harper rookie now, buy one of the cheaper ones, and then upgrade (much) later to a tougher one, after his real value is well-established.

Best of luck in your collecting,

Larry

Great lesson and advice, Larry!