Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Recommendations on Auction Houses for graded T206s (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=299468)

setwil 03-29-2021 09:59 AM

Recommendations on Auction Houses for graded T206s

I am looking to auction off a large collection of graded T206 cards (PSA 3.5-6).

Any recommendations on auction houses, pros and cons of each?

Should I sell commons on my own?

Use PWCC / eBay for some and auction house for stars?

Would love any thoughts.

Thanks for your help.

Casey2296 03-29-2021 11:24 AM

I have a current consignment with Al Crisafulli at Love of the Game Auctions and can highly recommend his AH, along with Scott at Collector Connection, both are members here. REA and Heritage are also good AH's. Consignment fees are very generous with these AH's especially if you have a group of T-206's. In my experience, Al, Scott, and Calvin over at REA are very accessible, just give them a call and they'd be happy to have a conversation about the best way to sell your collection.

Ebay & PWCC will probably cost you too much in consignment fees to make sense plus its much more fun with an auction house.

Aquarian Sports Cards 03-29-2021 11:37 AM

Happy to help, just drop me a line or give me a buzz at the number below! I will say 3.5 - 6 is right in our wheelhouse. If it was a bunch of higher grade T206's I would definitely share my thoughts as to who would be a better fit for you.

Thanks for the shout out Phil!

Arazi4442 03-29-2021 03:37 PM

I was going to chime in but Phil said everything I was going to post. Agree 100%

Bkrum 03-29-2021 06:08 PM

That’s right up my collecting alley!! Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got

bnorth 03-29-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setwil (Post 2086958)
I am looking to auction off a large collection of graded T206 cards (PSA 3.5-6).

Any recommendations on auction houses, pros and cons of each?

Should I sell commons on my own?

Use PWCC / eBay for some and auction house for stars?

Would love any thoughts.

Thanks for your help.

I would list them all on here in the BST section. Then turn to Scott(Collector Connection) with anything that doesn't sell at or near retail.

taul166 07-24-2021 12:19 PM

Looking for some feedback. When you go with some of the major auction houses, you may find that your graded T206 HOFer is competing with the same graded card (maybe several). I hear different opinions on this. One is that the more of the same card draws more attention, and does not hurt the price you will get. The other opinion is just the opposite.....that your card is in direct competition with another card(s)......hence you will not get as much where your card the only one. What thoughts do some of you have, if you have had this experience. If this same topic has been discussed in another thread, let me know since I don't want to be repetitive with this thread.

bobbyw8469 07-24-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taul166 (Post 2126298)
Looking for some feedback. When you go with some of the major auction houses, you may find that your graded T206 HOFer is competing with the same graded card (maybe several). I hear different opinions on this. One is that the more of the same card draws more attention, and does not hurt the price you will get. The other opinion is just the opposite.....that your card is in direct competition with another card(s)......hence you will not get as much where your card the only one. What thoughts do some of you have, if you have had this experience. If this same topic has been discussed in another thread, let me know since I don't want to be repetitive with this thread.

I dunno. I think it is bad to run two similar cards at the same time. A long time ago I submitted a rare "Lost In Space" card PSA 9 to PWCC. Lo and behold someone else submitted the exact same card. They looked identical. Theirs brought around $100 more than mine. I never did understand that, and I remembered it to this day. So, NO....I don't like to see identical cards up for sale at the same time.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-24-2021 12:38 PM

As an auctioneer I try not to take identical items from different consignors. I also, where feasible, break up high end identical items even from the same consignor (parceling out 3 Aaron rookies in 4 over our next few auctions)

You DO want SIMILAR items to draw attention. If you've got a rare bakery card and it's the only one in the sale, it may not get the attention it would if there were a couple dozen bakery cards that brought those specific collectors out of the woodwork.

Just my semi-educated opinion, and obviously there can be exceptions.

Kidnapped18 07-24-2021 07:47 PM

Put them up on BST first...lots of T206 collectors here looking for cards

The ones that don't sell go with one of the AH's listed in previous posts

Leon 07-25-2021 05:36 AM

There are certain cards where it doesn't matter how many there are in an auction they will all go to their respective market prices. T206 red Cobbs, Cobbs in general, Mantles, most Ruth's and some other commodity type cards. Otherwise, I agree about having identical cards in the same auction.

toledo_mudhen 07-25-2021 06:42 AM

So what exactly do you have??

I can already sense the feeding frenzy building.....

trambo 07-26-2021 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toledo_mudhen (Post 2126490)
So what exactly do you have??

I can already sense the feeding frenzy building.....

Agreed! My hands started to sweat a little thinking about potential upgrades.... :D