Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Walter Johnson warming up. International newsreel photo, New York City. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237793)

Drift 04-03-2017 03:18 AM

Walter Johnson warming up. International newsreel photo, New York City.

Circa 1920's? Walter Johnson 8x10 photo.
I bought the photo years ago from a Seattle based photo collector.
One of my favorite photos showing Walter Johnson warming up with teammates. Can't be many photos like this around.

Was stored in UV protected glass.

$200 shipped.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...s22jzvmag.jpeg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...syykcxrjv.jpeg

Drift 04-03-2017 12:05 PM

Apologize if the photo is showing an upside down image. It appears correct in a mobile device display. So i'm not sure which view the photobucket hosting is presenting.

I am accepting offers on the photo.

irv 04-03-2017 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
?

Drift 04-03-2017 06:38 PM

Thanks for the follow up Irv.

This photo is sold pending payment.

Forever Young 04-03-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift (Post 1647376)
Thanks for the follow up Irv.

This photo is sold pending payment.

This photo was bought and paid for by me as we had a deal. To be continued....

Drift 04-03-2017 07:21 PM

Sorry we had a misunderstanding. I promptly refunded your payment.
If you have any concerns please coordinate a discussion with the moderators. If you have anything personal to say you have my number. But I will not respond to threatening comments.

Photo will stay in my possession and is no longer for sale due to the circumstances.

Forever Young 04-03-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift (Post 1647395)
If you have any concerns please coordinate a discussion with the moderators. If you have anything personal to say you have my number. But I will not respond to threatening comments.

Photo will stay in my possession and is no longer for sale due to the circumstances.

The. Circumstances are, you sold me the photo. Then you had another offer fir more so you refunded. Those are the circumstances. And i tried to call/text you but you don't answer.. remember?

Forever Young 04-03-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah.. and you also resold it. Literally have the money from other guy as of right now. In your possession!? Laughable. So sick of dishonest people..
Here is the deal: I don't even care about tge photo as it is not a keeper for me.. it is the principle. For an extra $40 dollars? Really? Amazing to me.

Drift 04-03-2017 07:46 PM

I'd rather not tarnish my status as a seller on these boards so I have refunded the both of you. Circumstances made it that two potential buyers had my paypal ID and sent me money. Money given back immediately. Neither of you committed with a payment until last minute when you knew there were other interested parties. I waited on your decision to confirm the stamp for an hour and a half.

I have nothing more to say.

Drift 04-03-2017 07:49 PM

Really sorry for the inconvenience here.

Forever Young 04-03-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift (Post 1647406)
I'd rather not tarnish my status as a seller on these boards so I have refunded the both of you. Circumstances made it that two potential buyers had my paypal ID and sent me money. Money given back immediately. Neither of you committed with a payment until last minute when you knew there were other interested parties. I waited on your decision to confirm the stamp for an hour and a half.

I have nothing more to say.

BS. You make it up as you go. We had a done deal and talked on phone. I was out to dinner and said i would pay when i got home.You sent me text and i sent funds within 10 minutes. The other buyer had to ASK you for a refund. There is nothing more to say other than stating the obvious..you are not honest.

Leon 04-03-2017 08:11 PM

It sounds like the misunderstanding is you probably got a better offer...backed out of the deal then got egg on your face and then said the heck with it. I won't sell it right now and sell it for more later. Maybe that is a possibility?
Now, all that being said, it actually isn't a suspendable offence for backing out of "a" deal if no one is out any money. It happens. But if it were to happen again, at least very soon, it wouldn't be good. And I have no idea the circumstance here but that is the general way the board BST has been run. That is an fyi for everyone too....love it or hate it.

Quote:

Duluth Eskimo 04-04-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Please post your full name per the rules so others can avoid doing business with you.