Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay auction help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=85508)

Archive 05-18-2007 07:51 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>David</b><p>I had a T206 card on ebay that was purchased (BIN) by someone today. After that they emailed me saying "I did not realize this was a buy it now offer instead of a bid. If you could retract my bid I would appreciate it. Thanks." What should I do? Can I even retract a BIN? If he was willing to bid 51.50 then why not be willing to BIN at 51.50? I honestly dont want the hassle, what would you do?

Archive 05-18-2007 07:55 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>Scott L</b><p>and move on. For me it wouldn't be worth the time and probable hassle.

Archive 05-18-2007 08:49 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Tell the bidder there are two ways you are able to get your fees reimbursed: the buyer pays you or you file a non payment complaint. If he's an honorable person, he'll feel bad that you could be out money because of his mistake (or regret). Besides, most people are pleased to find out they got a card for the minimum bid.

Archive 05-18-2007 08:59 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Sounds like an honest mistake. If he typed in $51.50 then he assumed he could get it for something less than that. If he was just hitting buttons and waiting to get to a bid amount, then it was a newbie error.<br /><br />Ebay will let you relist for free. If not, doesn't make sense to beat on him for 70 cents.

Archive 05-18-2007 09:02 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>steve yawitz</b><p>I had a similar situation not long ago with a guy who "accidentally" bid. I filed an NPB alert with eBay and after the 7- or 10-day waiting period, I received a FVF reimbursement from eBay and the dude wound up with an unpaid item strike. I guess I could've asked him for the fees and not left him the unpaid strike, but I needed a little vengeance after he screwed up my auction.

Archive 05-18-2007 09:06 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>A BIN has a single, fixed price. You can't over or under bid. You don't even type in an amount.<br /><br />eBay will let the seller relist for free after he files a non payment complaint and the winner never pays. Otherwise, the seller is out the money.<br /><br />If the seller's fee amount is "no big deal," then the buyer should have no problem with paying it.

Archive 05-18-2007 09:40 PM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I know this doesn't answer the question, but why would someone complain about winning something at their high bid?

Archive 05-19-2007 06:08 AM

Ebay auction help

Posted By: <b>Jeff Prillaman</b><p>You can mutually agree not to do the deal (it is one of the options when you file for your fees) -- you get your FVF back, and the buyer does not receive an unpaid item strike. You are out the original listing fee.