Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   This is what happens when EMR team reports get ignored (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=167171)

RichardSimon 04-15-2013 12:13 PM

This is what happens when EMR team reports get ignored

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-1...3#ht_305wt_913

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 12:30 PM

And this is what happens when they don't get ignored.

This lot,

https://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotD...px?lotid=24652

in the current SCD auction, used to belong to me (I am NOT the consignor.) About a year ago, I listed it on eBay. It had a full PSA CoA, which could be verified online. Yet it was removed. An eBay watcher contacted me, though, and we struck a deal--with full right of return if his authenticator of choice--JSA or PSA--rejected it. Needless to say, it was not returned.

I had also listed it in the B/S/T here, so I marked it "sold." I was immediately attacked by two Net54 members for perpetrating a fraud--selling a ball that had been removed by eBay! How dare I?!

I wondered at the time how they knew so quickly the listing had been pulled. I knew nothing, at that time of eBay's "EMR team." What a surprise to learn later that those two are members. What a coincidence!

Forever Young 04-15-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1117983)

This lot,

in the current SCD auction, used to belong to me (I am NOT the consignor.) About a year ago, I listed it on eBay. It had a full PSA CoA, which could be verified online. Yet it was removed. An eBay watcher contacted me, though, and we struck a deal--with full right of return if his authenticator of choice--JSA or PSA--rejected it. Needless to say, it was not returned.

I had also listed it in the B/S/T here, so I marked it "sold." I was immediately attacked by two Net54 members for perpetrating a fraud--selling a ball that had been removed by eBay! How dare I?!

I wondered at the time how they knew so quickly the listing had been pulled. I knew nothing, at that time of eBay's "EMR team." What a surprise to learn later that those two are members. What a coincidence!

WOW....not good.

gnaz01 04-15-2013 01:08 PM

I remember that whole thread!

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 01:12 PM

They may have done me a favor, though.

No eBay fees. ;)

RichardSimon 04-15-2013 01:16 PM

Greg - I remember the thread too.
And FYI - Only a very well known hobby person has the authority to pull PSA authenticated items from ebay. It is not someone who is on Net54 but it is someone that is highly respected by all in the hobby.

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 01:18 PM

And who on the board reports to this "very well known hobby person"?

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 03:04 PM

Still waiting, Richard.

gnaz01 04-15-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1118006)
Greg - I remember the thread too.
And FYI - Only a very well known hobby person has the authority to pull PSA authenticated items from ebay. It is not someone who is on Net54 but it is someone that is highly respected by all in the hobby.

Didn't know that Richard, thanks for the info. I have a guess who it is :D

HOF Auto Rookies 04-15-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1117983)

This lot,

Ah yes, I remember that thread! That was ridiculously uncalled for.

RichardSimon 04-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 1118066)
Ah yes, I remember that thread! That was ridiculously uncalled for.

Not sure what you are referring to Rookie (ridiculously uncalled for) but the ball was pulled by ebay and nobody on Net54 had anything to do with it. As I said the person who had it pulled is not a Net54 member. There are a number of Net54 members who are part of the EMR team but those people do not have the influence to pull a PSA or JSA item. Having a contractual agreement with ebay has its advantages.

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 03:57 PM

BS, Richard. You can't have it both ways. You're continually taking credit for being a member of the "EMR team," which reports to eBay "suspicious items," in order to have them removed. You're constantly pissing and moaning about "nobody at eBay listening to you anymore." In fact, that's why you started this thread.

Never thought it would turn out this way, did you?

RichardSimon 04-15-2013 04:00 PM

Don't know what he says but I obviously have a stalker on here now :D:D.

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 04:02 PM

"Don't know what he says." LOL!

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1118070)
Having a contractual agreement with ebay has its advantages.

It sure does!

shelly 04-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 1118061)
Didn't know that Richard, thanks for the info. I have a guess who it is :D

Not one person on this site can take down a PSA or JSA cert. In fact it is almost impossible to take down Global. There is only one person that Ebay feels is better qualified than those other Tpa's. That is the only person that has that power.

gnaz01 04-15-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1118091)
Not one person on this site can take down a PSA or JSA cert. In fact it is almost impossible to take down Global. There is only one person that Ebay feels is better qualified than those other Tpa's. That is the only person that has that power.

Shelly,

The person I'm thinking of isn't a board member.

Greg

shelly 04-15-2013 04:41 PM

That is correct.:)

Big Dave 04-15-2013 04:42 PM

Global gets taken down all the time, regardless of the authenticity of the item.

David Atkatz 04-15-2013 04:44 PM

Nice obfuscation, guys. But it won't work. No one is accusing anyone here of "taking the item down."

The person(s) here reported the item--as member(s) of the EMR team--in order to have the item removed.

What did Richard title this thread?

"This is what happens when EMR team reports are ignored."

(Emphasis added.)

Ignored by whom?

That "very well known hobby person."

shelly 04-15-2013 04:50 PM

Should have left out Global.

travrosty 04-15-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1118091)

thats a bunch of baloney on ebays part, its all political, no one is more qualified than mark ogren to report and help take down a boxing autograph certed by psa or jsa that is bad, not your so called super expert. (mark even shows undeniable proof) so how is super expert more qualified at boxing? like i said, it's all POLITICAL.

There are people who are EMR's with no expertise at all. It's just who you know at ebay. that's it.

RichardSimon 04-16-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1118114)
thats a bunch of baloney on ebays part, its all political, no one is more qualified than mark ogren to report and help take down a boxing autograph certed by psa or jsa that is bad, not your so called super expert. (mark even shows undeniable proof) so how is super expert more qualified at boxing? like i said, it's all POLITICAL.

There are people who are EMR's with no expertise at all. It's just who you know at ebay. that's it.

Sorry Travis, I should have stated that the person I am referring to is only involved with baseball. I should have been more specific but he probably does not know anything about boxing and he would never attempt to take down a boxing autograph.
And knowing someone at ebay has nothing to do with this. There is no benefit to EMR members for removing autographs.

travrosty 04-16-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1118279)
Sorry Travis, I should have stated that the person I am referring to is only involved with baseball. I should have been more specific but he probably does not know anything about boxing and he would never attempt to take down a boxing autograph.
And knowing someone at ebay has nothing to do with this. There is no benefit to EMR members for removing autographs.

i understand that , but its still political, thats why boxing psa and jsa items dont get taken down. if you know someone at ebay, you get to be an emr and can take down stuff, if you don,t, then you are chopped liver. that is why the guy i know who isnt an expert at anything is an emr. how did he get to be an emr? well, he knows someone at ebay.

that's all i wanted to say. it doesnt have a lot to do with someones expertise, a lot of really good experts are not only NOT emr's, then routinely have some of their stuff removed off of ebay, by other people who are and just want to screw with them and use their ebay influence against other people they don't like. POLITICAL.

the benefit is that they have the power to remove autographs they dont like, from people they dont like if they choose to misuse the power, which some do and some don't.

RichardSimon 04-16-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travrosty (Post 1118301)
i understand that , but its still political, thats why boxing psa and jsa items dont get taken down. if you know someone at ebay, you get to be an emr and can take down stuff, if you don,t, then you are chopped liver. that is why the guy i know who isnt an expert at anything is an emr. how did he get to be an emr? well, he knows someone at ebay.

that's all i wanted to say. it doesnt have a lot to do with someones expertise, a lot of really good experts are not only NOT emr's, then routinely have some of their stuff removed off of ebay, by other people who are and just want to screw with them and use their ebay influence against other people they don't like. POLITICAL.

the benefit is that they have the power to remove autographs they dont like, from people they dont like if they choose to misuse the power, which some do and some don't.

Travis - if the guy you know isn't an expert at anything then how did he get to be an EMR? When John G. was in charge of his division he approved EMR members. He would never have approved someone who knew nothing.
And if this person is an EMR why would he even bother to become an EMR if he is not an expert?
Just askin'.

David Atkatz 04-16-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

And he has the power to have autographs he does like removed--if they're from people he doesn't like. (All the while publicly patting himself on the back, never letting us forget what a tireless protector of the hobby he is.)

RichardSimon 04-16-2013 10:45 AM

The piece in question is now gone.

RichardSimon 04-16-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Travis - tell me who in the EMR team is misusing their power. That person can be removed from the team very quickly.

David Atkatz 04-16-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1118378)
...tell me who in the EMR team is misusing their power. That person can be removed from the team very quickly.

That's a joke, right? (I wonder who it could be. Hmmm... )

David Atkatz 04-16-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1118375)
The piece in question is now gone.

They're listening to you again! Whew! That's a real load off my mind!

Exhibitman 04-16-2013 11:08 AM

I'm just a simple small town attorney so maybe I missed the veiled references; who is this magical authority whose word is law at ebay

mighty bombjack 04-16-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1118400)
I'm just a simple small town attorney so maybe I missed the veiled references; who is this magical authority whose word is law at ebay

only they know who is them

Forever Young 04-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1118405)

Yoda?

Westsiders 04-16-2013 01:27 PM

If Yoda lives in Michigan....then yes! :)

mr2686 04-16-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty bombjack (Post 1118405)

Well, if that's the case then...I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. Don't forget, the Walrus was Paul!

RichardSimon 04-17-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1118400)

What a funny group we have here.
This person wants to remain anonymous. If any of you comedians here :D were the one that I was talking about and you requested anonymity how would you feel if I told the board who you were?
And you guys better be good or your ebay attempted sales will all vanish. :D:D:D:D;);):D:D:D:D.

Runscott 04-17-2013 06:25 PM

Exhibitman 04-18-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1119071)
What a funny group we have here.
This person wants to remain anonymous. If any of you comedians here :D were the one that I was talking about and you requested anonymity how would you feel if I told the board who you were?
And you guys better be good or your ebay attempted sales will all vanish. :D:D:D:D;);):D:D:D:D.

A popular government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy; or, perhaps both.

- James Madison

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.

- Patrick Henry

Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

- Justice Louis Brandeis

Everybody knows that corruption thrives in secret places, and avoids public places, and we believe it a fair presumption that secrecy means impropriety.

- Woodrow Wilson

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government.

- Jeremy Bentham

Secrecy is for losers.

- Senator Patrick Moynihan

They're on double-secret probation!

- Dean Vernon Wormer

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...deanwormer.jpg

David Atkatz 04-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1119071)

"Many a truth is spoken in jest."

MooseDog 04-18-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 1118517)
Well, if that's the case then...I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. Don't forget, the Walrus was Paul!

Mike -

+1 for an awesome Beatles reference in context!

RichardSimon 04-18-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1119454)
A popular government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy; or, perhaps both.

- James Madison

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.

- Patrick Henry

Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

- Justice Louis Brandeis

Everybody knows that corruption thrives in secret places, and avoids public places, and we believe it a fair presumption that secrecy means impropriety.

- Woodrow Wilson

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government.

- Jeremy Bentham

Secrecy is for losers.

- Senator Patrick Moynihan

They're on double-secret probation!

- Dean Vernon Wormer

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...deanwormer.jpg

Adam,
I guess your word does not mean as much to you as my word means to me.
The gentleman requested anonymity, I will honor that request.
If he asked you for anonymity I guess you would have told him yes and then revealed his name to the group.
I guess that is good for the group, to know that they should not tell you something that they want to be kept quiet.

HRBAKER 04-18-2013 05:00 PM

Richard,
I don't think that was his point.
Those who insist on operating in secrecy invite skepticism about their motives, that's all.
That's the way I took the quotes.

RichardSimon 04-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 1119620)
Richard,
I don't think that was his point.
Those who insist on operating in secrecy invite skepticism about their motives, that's all.
That's the way I took the quotes.

If a friend told you something and asked you not to repeat that information, what would you have done?
Why skeptical about it? I have clearly stated why I did not reveal the name of the person.
And his quotes were mostly about a government operating in secrecy, not an individual who wanted to honor a request from a friend.

HRBAKER 04-18-2013 05:29 PM

Not skeptical about your reasons, I clearly understand that - you gave your word. Reread my post.
It's not that important, I've already decided I'm not cut out for the cloak and dagger world of autograph collecting.

Best, Jeff

cubsfan-budman 04-18-2013 06:35 PM

Your friend wants to remain anonymous so that he/she is not held accountable for their actions.

Simple as that.

If you gave your word, you ought not tell anyone, as that would be a violation of their trust.

The "anonymous EMR'r" on the other hand, should make themselves known so that they can be correctly applauded for their good works and answer for their bad choices.

shelly 04-18-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman (Post 1119658)
Your friend wants to remain anonymous so that he/she is not held accountable for their actions.

Simple as that.

If you gave your word, you ought not tell anyone, as that would be a violation of their trust.

The "anonymous EMR'r" on the other hand, should make themselves known so that they can be correctly applauded for their good works and answer for their bad choices.

First, I think if Ebay or that person wanted his or her name out in the public I think it would have already been out there.
As to answer for their bad choices. I have a question. Can you tell me from your own experience was anything been taken down that had any effect on you? If so could you post the link.

Mr. Zipper 04-18-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman (Post 1119658)

Right, because the EMRs are the real problem with eBay. And the upaid volunteers should be exposed to harassment by criminal fake sellers and message board know-it-alls with axes to grind. :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us what steps you have taken to help clean up the hobby so we can applaud or criticize you as we see fit?

RichardSimon 04-19-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1119727)
Right, because the EMRs are the real problem with eBay. And the upaid volunteers should be exposed to harassment by criminal fake sellers and message board know-it-alls with axes to grind. :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell us what steps you have taken to help clean up the hobby so we can applaud or criticize you as we see fit?

+++++

cubsfan-budman 04-19-2013 07:11 AM

You know my name because its posted above each of my messages.

Applaud or criticize as you see fit.

Not sure how it's relevant to this particular discussion though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1119727)

Mr. Zipper 04-19-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman (Post 1119938)
You know my name because its posted above each of my messages.

Applaud or criticize as you see fit.

Not sure how it's relevant to this particular discussion though.

How many expert volunteers do you think eBay would get if they knew their names would be publicized?

You can pick a debatable case here or there... but the fact of the matter is that the items EMRs report the most are mass-produced forgeries being sold by sellers who are sometimes part of organized forgery rings. Rings from the west coast, a ring from Chicago, a ring from Japan and on and on. In other words -- professional criminals.

You want your name available to these people so they can call you at night? Maybe they'll mention where you live and talk about your kids photos on your wife's Facebook page.

Or maybe you'll end up on a list on some scummy anonymous smear site. Or maybe you'll be named in a groundless lawsuit that will still cost you lots of money to make go away.

You got it now?