Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beware of Bing Cashback (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=115960)

tbob 09-14-2009 11:03 AM

Beware of Bing Cashback

Just thought I'd share this recent transaction in case anyone else might find themselves in the same boat. Bing Cashback used to be Microsoft Cashback (which worked very well). They offer discounts on cards bought on ebay using the BIN and Paypal to pay. You go to their website, type in baeball cards and you can find that ebay is one of the places you can get a discount on your purchases, "cash back."
I recently purchased a nice 61 Mantle (SGC 80 or 84 I forget which) by doing all the above but it didn't show up on my cash back page with Bing. I contacted them and to make a long story short, did not receive the discount. I contacted them and my final email stated that ebay told them (supposedly) that the card wasn't eligible despite the fact I followed all the rules and and there was an icon at the top of the ebay webpage saying I was eligible for 10% off. I know it's not a fortune to have lost but there is a principle involved. Bing told me they asked ebay for the reason but ebay failed to provide a reason, just said no. (Imagine that :rolleyes:)
Anyway I wanted to let fellow collectors know.

Matt 09-14-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbob (Post 749414)
Just thought I'd share this recent transaction in case anyone else might find themselves in the same boat. Bing Cashback used to be Microsoft Cashback (which worked very well). They offer discounts on cards bought on ebay using the BIN and Paypal to pay. You go to their website, type in baeball cards and you can find that ebay is one of the places you can get a discount on your purchases, "cash back."
I recently purchased a nice 61 Mantle (SGC 80 or 84 I forget which) by doing all the above but it didn't show up on my cash back page with Bing. I contacted them and to make a long story short, did not receive the discount. I contacted them and my final email stated that ebay told them (supposedly) that the card wasn't eligible despite the fact I followed all the rules and and there was an icon at the top of the ebay webpage saying I was eligible for 10% off. I know it's not a fortune to have lost but there is a principle involved. Bing told me they asked ebay for the reason but ebay failed to provide a reason, just said no. (Imagine that :rolleyes:)
Anyway I wanted to let fellow collectors know.

I've only used Bing for one transaction, but it worked; was your purchase a straight BIN or was it a Best Offer? I know it doesn't work on Best Offers...

D. Bergin 09-14-2009 11:37 AM

Sorry to hear this. Ebay's never been a company known for giving "reasons" for anything that isn't just some made up jargon to supposedly make you feel better about getting screwed.

The phrases "it's what the people asked for" and "more vibrant marketplace" get tossed around a lot.

I'm always picturing the word "synergy" being tossed around at Ebay strategy meetings while monkeys in suits sit at their Playskool desks trying to bang square pegs into round holes.

chaddurbin 09-14-2009 12:27 PM

tbob i've used bing about 10+ times the past year...and all cashbacks has been good so far, ranging from $1-$200. i even used it to buy contact lenses at a retail website and that also showed up. if i could get bing cashback for leasing a car i'd prolly jump on it too. i still have a couple pending so i don't want to jinx myself further...

contact ebay...there's probably a valid reason.

alanu 09-14-2009 12:34 PM

I've used the Bing cashback 3-4 times without a problem.

It usually shows the cashback on the ebay purchase page before you finalize the purchase and then after on the ebay checkout page.

Doug 09-14-2009 06:38 PM

I used to get those "failed deposit, but we'll keep trying" messages with the microsoft cashback but since they switched to bing I've gotten instant cashback without a hitch.

Rob D. 09-14-2009 06:50 PM

Waiting for Brad to check in on this ...

tbob 09-14-2009 06:56 PM

No, it was a BIN not a Best Offer. Don't know why it didn't work....

Ladder7 09-14-2009 07:07 PM

Unrelated Bing bong; Several mature refunds had "failed" to be awarded for over two months. I did get them all, eventually. Now they post regularly. The Bing customer service, email process sock'd hard.

Matt 09-14-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladder7 (Post 749536)
Unrelated Bing bong;

since you asked:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHeXmAHr1Sw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHeXmAHr1Sw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>