Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   would anyone be interested in doing a beaters trade thread (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=123002)

milkit1 04-22-2010 07:06 AM

would anyone be interested in doing a beaters trade thread

I assume Im not the only cheapskate on this board. So I wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a trade thread for beaters to help people fill in sets.
For example:
everyone posts what they are looking for and what they got. Then we can each come to this thread and see whats available and perhaps save a little bit of time (I dont have much luck creating a wanting to buy thread).
By the way i am thinking of renaming myself Mr. Poor-fair.

toppcat 04-22-2010 07:29 AM

Count me in-I have a few beaters I will trade for some set fillers of my own!

Leon 04-22-2010 08:08 AM

as a collector of......

As a penultimate collector of rare and historical items, of which only the absolute highest grade will suffice, we find this suggestion reprehensible!!!! Mere neophytes will be the only ones involved in this kind of malarkey;).

Actually, I think it's a great idea......I love my poor-vg cards.....

D. Broughman 04-22-2010 08:30 AM

Great idea

Count me in!

wrapperguy 04-22-2010 08:32 AM

I'm in

Sounds great!

usernamealreadytaken 04-22-2010 08:38 AM

Status Quo

I like the one-stop-shop BST. I caution that if this idea blossoms, there will be a high-end section, a rare section, a graded section, etc. Based on the above posts, let the criticism of my opinion begin...

ullmandds 04-22-2010 08:43 AM

The BST is just that...a place to buy...sell...and trade! Just post cards you want to trade...and see what happens?

Leon 04-22-2010 09:14 AM

I should note

I should also note that our BST section gets a TON of traffic....so it's not like it's broken. I sold 3 cards just yesterday. I am all for trying new stuff too.....but at the same time if it ain't broken, so the saying goes......Maybe we should do a poll and let the members vote? I can't see one thread on the main forum being an issue but it could dilute what we have.....and no way do I want to see different BST's for different "grades" of cards. I just thought this idea was kind of neat but what do I know??:eek:

thegashousegang 04-22-2010 09:21 AM

Cards Wanted

Maybe we can use this as more of a Want List. I know (myself included) many people include their wants as part of their signature already or on their profile page - but it might be neat to put an ongoing list or thread together. Some prefer to stay anonymous with their wants, for fear of having others bid against them...but I've seen many, many times where fellow collectors will be on the 'lookout' for friends and alert them when they see an item. To each their own! Just an idea. Thanks.

milkit1 04-22-2010 09:50 AM

The main reasoning behind this is that there are seemingly very few people that want to bother selling their one beater t206 for $10. I find with the cheapies that trading has proven more fruitful then buying. For example I've posted at least a dozen times about buying t202 beaters with no responses. However I've trade t202 beaters twice in the past year. My idea was simply to have one thread dedicated to collectors wants and what they have to trade. Perhaps cards with values of less then $200. The rich guys have auctions galore of thousand dollar plus lots filled with cards they need. I don't feel we need other higher grade threads. There are always plenty of high dollar posts in B/S/T. This was just an idea to help and organize us cheapies :)
If leons ok we can start an official one anytime (ill post mine tonight). There seems to be some interest and I don't think this new thread will take away from all the other talk.

deadballera 04-22-2010 11:08 AM

a want or trade list sounds great to me