Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Collect.com Auctions New Closing Date is Dec. 9 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=130316)

blades3 11-30-2010 11:22 AM

Collect.com Auctions New Closing Date is Dec. 9

Collect.com Auctions is pushing back the deadline for bidding for its Sports
& Americana Auction No. 6 one full week to Thursday, December 9 due to mailing delays with the printed auction catalog. Bidding will close at 10 EST on Dec. 9 with all of the same bidding rules. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Any questions, call 888-463-3063 or e-mail auctions@collect.com.

Steve Bloedow - director of auctions

glchen 11-30-2010 11:31 AM

Probably a good idea even without the catalog issue. With Goodwin and Huggins closing at the same time, Collect was getting lost, I think.

Leon 11-30-2010 11:38 AM

and my thanks

I just want to, again, thank Collect.com for supporting Net54baseball.com. Their new banner, reflecting the new closing date, will be put up in the next day or so. Steve and company are doing a good job with their sports auctions. I am sure they will be better the longer they have them too. If you have never met Steve at a show, I suggest you do so. He's one of the nice guys in the hobby. :) kind regards

Matt 11-30-2010 02:52 PM

Is this the new black?

bcbgcbrcb 11-30-2010 04:23 PM

As it has happened recently with other auction houses, will this become the industry norm when bidding is well below expectations.

bobbyw8469 11-30-2010 04:55 PM

lol....I was thinking the same thing....

Jay Wolt 11-30-2010 05:51 PM

I think it stinks, I'm winning a couple of lots at the opening bids, so instead of waiting
2 days to see if I win, lets make it 9.
And for the record, I haven't rec'd the auction catalog but found out about the auction from Collect.com's Emails
and I had no problem viewing the lots or placing bids.
I'm sure all who are on the mailing list for the catalogs rec'd similar Emails.

HRBAKER 11-30-2010 06:02 PM

It is a strange coincidence that the catalog printers/mailers have been having such issues lately, but........I haven't gotten a catalog yet and for an auction that was slated to end on 12/2 that's not good. They are working for their consignors so I understand.

Matt 11-30-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBAKER (Post 851723)
It is a strange coincidence that the catalog printers/mailers have been having such issues lately, but........I haven't gotten a catalog yet and for an auction that was slated to end on 12/2 that's not good. They are working for their consignors so I understand.

I don't doubt, as was the case with MHCC, that the catalog delivery was delayed. I just question why it was delayed.

HRBAKER 11-30-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 851728)
I don't doubt, as was the case with MHCC, that the catalog delivery was delayed. I just question why it was delayed.

:) So maybe the 15 Minute Rule is morphing into the 15 Day Rule?