Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T205 Wilhelm (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135827)

danmckee 04-17-2011 05:16 PM

T205 Wilhelm

Who are the brain children asking if the back states suffered or the misspelling?????????

IF IT IS A HASSAN BACK, IT IS THE CORRECT SPELLING - SUFFERED!

ALL HASSAN BACKS ARE THE SAME, not really an error, just like the Cycle back Matty.

Now Moran stray line is cool because it is found on a Piedmont back but some Piedmont backs also do not have it, now that is a true error.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Pup6913 04-17-2011 05:33 PM

Is this your auction????? Not sure what the point is on this post:confused:

Tcards-Please 04-17-2011 05:45 PM

I don't see where a question was asked of the seller for you to make the post?

r/
Frank

scottglevy 04-17-2011 05:54 PM

Oh well,

There goes my chance of winning this lot - LOL

Matt E. 04-17-2011 06:03 PM

Why this auction? Why now?
Thanks for being the Ebay question and answer police.

Matt

Tcards-Please 04-17-2011 06:29 PM

Matt,

That's what I wondered, considering there was no question in the auction for the original post to be made.

I guess he was bored and couldn't find anything else to post about.

r/
Frank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt E. (Post 887521)
Why this auction? Why now?
Thanks for being the Ebay question and answer police.

Matt

HRBAKER 04-17-2011 06:41 PM

The fact that the seller mentions twice in the body of the listing that the line says "suffered" could indicate that he has been asked in some fashion perhaps.

Rob D. 04-17-2011 06:44 PM

That Wilhelm looks pretty nice.

Ease 04-17-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 887527)

+1, almost too nice.

peterb69 04-17-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottglevy (Post 887516)
Oh well,

There goes my chance of winning this lot - LOL

Yep, my chance as well. Seems the cat's out of the bag now if it wasn't already.

Matthew H 04-17-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 887527)

:D

lentel 04-17-2011 10:23 PM

Like the metric measure

I like the picture with the metric measure. I guess that is to show it is not trimmed, too bad I dont know how to convert metric to our standard measurement system of inches. :confused:

Wite3 04-17-2011 10:27 PM

All three cards seem trimmed in my opinion...

Dan...he mentions suffered several times because of the two versions (not variations in my opinion) the Hassan one is tougher.

Joshua

Mrc32 04-18-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterb69 (Post 887535)
Yep, my chance as well. Seems the cat's out of the bag now if it wasn't already.

I'm guessing that enough people have seen this lot already....this post won't pop the final $$ much higher as snipes were set long ago.

I am an early bidder and I agree with those who think these look to good to be true. I'd bet they are trimmed.

steve B 04-18-2011 10:30 AM

38.5mm =about 1.515 inches
67 mm = about 2.63 inches

So by the nominal size, just about right. A bit wide and almost exactly right top to bottom.

But for some reason they still don't look quite right.

Steve B

danmckee 04-18-2011 12:53 PM

Not my auction and yes, Jeff is correct, the fact that the seller added to the description twice that it is suffered and that the seller had no idea there were 2 different spellings lead me to believe people were asking him.
(Rocket Science maybe)

You can clearly see it is a Hassan back so let me correct my self from before:

Anyone that needed to ask is a BRAIN CHILD!!

No I am not the T205 police to whoever that was that asked and why now is because I just happened to notice the additions to the description.

But boy it was great to see you guys ready to jump and attack me if I was promoting my own card. Which I never do and I sell tons.

Too funny

Sorry Leon, you ask why I don't visit the board much any more, well see the beginning responses to this thread.

Dan

Ease 04-18-2011 01:04 PM

Dan, you really should wait until the auction is over before posting, that's what the guys were angry about.

danmckee 04-18-2011 01:12 PM

oh really? I don't remember that law when I used to be a regular here. I guess in regards that someone didn't see it?? Come on, 3 T205's at $1600+ kinda sticks out a tad I would think.

So we are not permitted to talk about ebay auctions here until they are over?

I used to post here regularly to warn people about fakes that were close and could deceive.

Heck, if I waited til those ended, it would have been too late to save anyone.

I guess I have bypassed the new rules and regulations of chat boards.

I was better off staying away it seems.

Thanks for the explanation though, I appreciate the heads up.

take care guys
dan

Ease 04-18-2011 01:18 PM

please, that's weak, posting about a fake item before it is over is totally different than this. You're just looking for a reason to be mad.

Matt 04-18-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 887661)
oh really? I don't remember that law when I used to be a regular here. I guess in regards that someone didn't see it?? Come on, 3 T205's at $1600+ kinda sticks out a tad I would think.

There is no such rule/law and I also agree that I don't think there was anything to 'out' here.

danmckee 04-18-2011 01:24 PM

Mad? I am not mad, what should I be mad about?

I just think it is ridiculous.

Pup6913 04-18-2011 02:49 PM

Dan I was confused as to exactly what the post was in regards to. It made no sense. I assumed it was your auction and you had some board members pestering/asking about this card and was upset and posted a thread. Now that I know what the thread was started for it still made no sense to even bother with it. Have a good one Dan.

Tcards-Please 04-18-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 887650)
Not my auction and yes, Jeff is correct, the fact that the seller added to the description twice that it is suffered and that the seller had no idea there were 2 different spellings lead me to believe people were asking him.
(Rocket Science maybe)Dan

Dan,
How do you know that after listing the auction on April 11, the seller realized that he forgot to put that in the initial description and just made the update as it was on the same day as listing? Also, no rocket science degree needed to see that both updates were made within 44 seconds of one another, which would leave me to believe that there must have been a glitch for the double update.

On Apr-11-11 at 22:29:03 PDT, seller added the following information:
Irvin K. Wilhelm - line 18 says suffered.

On Apr-11-11 at 22:29:47 PDT, seller added the following information:
Irvin K. Wilhelm - line 18 says suffered.

And comparing your letting people know of fakes and bringing a live auction to light for no apparent good reason is ridiculous. I doubt that most who are looking for the card didn't see it on ebay, but in the off chance some didn't catch it, they know now.

r/
Frank

wonkaticket 04-18-2011 05:18 PM

There was nothing outed here, these cards were way high when Dan made his post. No special deal to be had...and anyone who wanted in could and most likely bid already.

Cheers,

John

T206DK 04-18-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ease (Post 887654)
Dan, you really should wait until the auction is over before posting, that's what the guys were angry about.

It seems like plenty of people were either watching this auction or knew about it. I don't collect T205's much anymore and I was watching it. I don't think Dan did anything wrong at all here. Sounds like some people just want to gripe about something trivial.

asphaltman 04-18-2011 06:01 PM

These cards weren't hid away in the electronics section of ebay. They were where everyone could see them. Dan is one of the most experienced collectors around with tons of knowledge. He's also about the easiest around to deal with or get some advice when it comes to the oddball issue.

Too bad there are so many people here that choose to dump on one of the guys that could add alot to the board if he decided to post more often.

I have to wonder out of all the ones that were upset about this how many even ended up bidding...

Ease 04-18-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T206DK (Post 887748)
It seems like plenty of people were either watching this auction or knew about it. I don't collect T205's much anymore and I was watching it. I don't think Dan did anything wrong at all here. Sounds like some people just want to gripe about something trivial.

Fair enough, but I stand by my statement. He could have easily waited 18 hours or whatever was left on the auction and then posted, to no gripes from anyone. I understand a lot of yall are personal friends, so no worries.

Brian Weisner 04-18-2011 06:37 PM

Hi Eric,
People out auctions on this forum all the time.... what's the big deal with this one? I don't think Dan had any agenda other than to educate those bidding, but I could be wrong, as I've only met Dan once and am not a close friend. I do have a great respect for his knowledge and his experience, and appreciate his input.
Be well Brian

PS Dan would be the last person to out an "under the radar auction", as he has won more than most of us have seen....

kcohen 04-19-2011 12:33 AM

Several people have touched on traditional forum practice as I've always understood it to be. There is no such thing as outting an auction that is listed in its proper category. Where it was/is frowned upon is when the item is not listed in its proper category, e.g. vintage cards listed in the Electronics section.

Dan - Don't know about a brain child but I'm still wondering about a dummy.