Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vaughn - Louisville Old Judge on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=144437)

the-illini 12-02-2011 08:02 AM

Vaughn - Louisville Old Judge on ebay

Dan has to be happy with this price - Louisville is a tougher/popular team and this was a beautiful card but I was still surprised to see it go for this much. Is Vaughn a difficult player?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:B:ONA:US:1120

sportscardpete 12-02-2011 08:06 AM

Cards were all beautiful... I was watching that one, card was way higher than I imagined.

square5000 12-02-2011 08:20 AM

Louisville Old Judges

Looks like another Louisville OJ (Hub Collins) went for almost $2K. Those 'Ville OJs must be tough!

barrysloate 12-02-2011 08:35 AM

Same two bidders set high snipes on both cards. The perfect storm if you are a seller.

Fred 12-02-2011 08:52 AM

I was surprised by the $4K+ on the card. It was in great shape with a beautiful image. The other L'ville card also sold pretty high. The same two people bid both cards up. All it takes is TWO people that really want something to drive up the price in an auction.

jcmtiger 12-02-2011 09:02 AM

The Vaughn card is listed in the OJ book as "very scarce card"
Joe

z28jd 12-02-2011 05:14 PM

Insert title here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 943885)
I was surprised by the $4K+ on the card. It was in great shape with a beautiful image. The other L'ville card also sold pretty high. The same two people bid both cards up. All it takes is TWO people that really want something to drive up the price in an auction.

I wish those two people would contact me about buying some tough old judges! I got five Louie Ville cards that could be had for the right price and those prices look right to me :)

Louisville cards are a combo of tough players to find and a popular team to collect, two things that can drive up OJ prices to levels that seem absurd but take it from me from experience, if you pass up a tough OJ once you may not see it again. I have a few cards I regret not buying and my bid if they come up again will be much higher than what I would've originally paid

Fred 12-02-2011 06:30 PM

Hey John, can you tell me where to find a Madden leaning on a rock OJ? :)

Yup, I agree with John, there are a few OJs that don't come up too often. If it's something you really "have to have" then get it if you have the resources to get the card.

z28jd 12-02-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 944036)
Hey John, can you tell me where to find a Madden leaning on a rock OJ? :)

Yup, I agree with John, there are a few OJs that don't come up too often. If it's something you really "have to have" then get it if you have the resources to get the card.

I can tell you where not to bother looking for one. There were a couple other players who I've only seen once. I'm sure a Mr Cummings could give you a great example of one of those players he let go once and we have never seen for sale since, probably going on at least 6 years by now

Fred 12-02-2011 06:48 PM

Tyng, Tyng, Tyng..... or is that ding, ding, ding... :p There's plenty that I regret but that's just part of the hobby...

danmckee 12-02-2011 08:08 PM

Gorgeous card! Dan isn't that happy, he didn't own it! but winner is happy! OJ's offered are all gorgeous!!! Would be in SGC slabs if they weren't idiots! Dan.

kkkkandp 12-02-2011 08:30 PM

Yeah - I Know of One

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28jd (Post 944040)
I can tell you where not to bother looking for one. There were a couple other players who I've only seen once. I'm sure a Mr Cummings could give you a great example of one of those players he let go once and we have never seen for sale since, probably going on at least 6 years by now

And I know exactly where it is, too, if a certain Mr. Miller ever gets a second copy! :D

Joe_G. 12-02-2011 10:12 PM

Congrats to the seller and victor(s), the Louisville cards were very nice. I very much look forward to subsequent offerings. Keep 'em coming Dan!

ctownboy 12-02-2011 11:13 PM

Is there a story about the find?

David

benchod 12-05-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danmckee (Post 944076)
OJ's offered are all gorgeous!!! Would be in SGC slabs if they weren't idiots! Dan.

Care to elaborate?