Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Getting sued for helping out (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152390)

Pup6913 06-12-2012 08:32 AM

Getting sued for helping out

Kyletexas you sent me this in a PM:

Money talks and BS walks.. and if something of mine is for sale it is still seriously for sale on a first come first serve basis to those ready and willing to buy it.... that is my way even if it is not yours. My cards are the ones being sold in this situation. You have no say so in who I sell them to and were Never authorized by me to do so.

.I never ask you to be my agent or representative... You offered to contact some people you knew..I assumed just because you wanted to be helpful..If you were working on some kind of finders fee it was through your buyers and not through me.

I just sent your "Threaten to spread news about me" email to my attorney. Along with copies of all our emails and PMs.
If you are serious about making false accusations about me to others as you have threatened I will be suing you for liable and you will get to come all the way to Texas to defend yourself or face judgement by default.

I have a brother and cousin who are attorneys.. My legal financial warchest..therefore.. is pretty much unlimited without me spending a cent.

I just wanted to make sure you have the right address to send the suit to.

Andrew Woodfin

This is what you get when you help people out without a signed contract. What are you so worried about Kyle? Why would me telling my group of friends what happened be grounds for a lawsuit? Why are you willing to get a lawyer(s) to shut me up? I'm not the one that changed my mind every few hrs and was calling and emailing to tell me this and that and the new changes you wanted and so on. Thats an awful lot of work for someone that says we had no agreement to sell those cards right? Im just saying. I have nothing to lose or gain from this man. I stare death in the face everyday and life is to short to deal with people like you. So if you want to sue me for some BS you created then you have my phone number and address. Best wishes to you and the sale of your collection.

BTW you can ask anyone on the board that I have gotten cards for at the nationals or where ever I have gotten them from, that never once have I asked for payment. They have always done me right for my help. Wether it was a beer or 2 at a bar or a surprise card in the mail a few months later as a thank you.

Taxman 06-12-2012 08:37 AM

Kyle

I hope his brother and cousin own a Holiday Inn Express.

ullmandds 06-12-2012 08:57 AM

Eek gads?!

wonkaticket 06-12-2012 09:06 AM

Andrew can I sue you as well, or should I wait a few weeks until Kyle's suit clears. :D

Welcome to the club you're just not doing the chat boards right until somebody tosses the words council and suit your way. :)

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152380

Cheers,

John

Pup6913 06-12-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 1002850)
Andrew can I sue you as well, or should I wait a few weeks until Kyle's suit clears. :D

Welcome to the club you're just not doing the chat boards right until somebody tosses the words council and suit your way. :)

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152380

Cheers,

John

Well hot damn. Didn't even see that Thread. Well if there is anything left when he's done I will contact you.

wonkaticket 06-12-2012 09:16 AM

Keep me posted, can you cover the shipping on the documents it's looking like $3-4 in shipping? :p

byrone 06-12-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pup6913 (Post 1002841)
Kyletexas you sent me this in a PM:

I will be suing you for liable and you will get to come all the way to Texas to defend yourself or face judgement by default.

Is this similar to "libel"?

markf31 06-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byrone (Post 1002863)
Is this similar to "libel"?

He'll be liable for libel. Haha!!

Leon 06-12-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 1002862)
Keep me posted, can you cover the shipping on the documents it's looking like $3-4 in shipping? :p

That's it!! I am suing Net54baseball. Where do I send the documents? Oh wait, never mind...

barrysloate 06-12-2012 09:20 AM

May I make a suggestion: how about both of you agree this was a very unfortunate situation, and then move on. No lawsuit, no more contact, just bring it to an end. It's not worth it. Sometimes bad stuff happens to all of us. Life goes on.

wonkaticket 06-12-2012 09:22 AM

Legal war chest....giggle....

Matthew H 06-12-2012 09:23 AM

Agreed. See Exhibitmans's tag line.

Pup6913 06-12-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 1002862)

Well John I would need to have those documents sent registered mail so it might be a bit more but I am sure if I don't eat dinner one night I can handle the postal charges for you. You will be covering the expenses to process the paperwork right?

whitehse 06-12-2012 10:16 AM

I have met a few people on this board in person and have even shaken the mighty Leon's hand a time or two at a few Nationals but I just want to say I am suing everyone for no other reason because my kid is a lawyer and he needs some work as things have been a bit slow for him.

Seriously, when did this hobby I have enjoyed for 40 years of my life turn into a freaking soap opera with a few true crime stories thrown into the mix. It seems nearly every message board I am a member of has a few members who like to mix it up and stir the pot with other members. Isnt fighting with your wife and kids enough that you have to come here and fight too?

I dont post here much but I visit these boards several times a day to see things I can never afford and learn about items that I hope someday to walk in and find in an antigue store that you guys have yet to hit. Cant we just leave the arguments and threats with our family and come here to escape and talk about a hobby that should keep us all occupied when we want to forget about life for awhile?

As for my lawsuits......you all will be served very soon. Just dont answer the door when someone knocks REAL hard on it! :)

zljones 06-12-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitehse (Post 1002895)
I have met a few people on this board in person and have even shaken the mighty Leon's hand a time or two at a few Nationals but I just want to say I am suing everyone for no other reason because my kid is a lawyer and he needs some work as things have been a bit slow for him.

Seriously, when did this hobby I have enjoyed for 40 years of my life turn into a freaking soap opera with a few true crime stories thrown into the mix. It seems nearly every message board I am a member of has a few members who like to mix it up and stir the pot with other members. Isnt fighting with your wife and kids enough that you have to come here and fight too?

I dont post here much but I visit these boards several times a day to see things I can never afford and learn about items that I hope someday to walk in and find in an antigue store that you guys have yet to hit. Cant we just leave the arguments and threats with our family and come here to escape and talk about a hobby that should keep us all occupied when we want to forget about life for awhile?

As for my lawsuits......you all will be served very soon. Just dont answer the door when someone knocks REAL hard on it! :)

+1

esd10 06-12-2012 01:21 PM

This is the problem anymore you sneeze and you can or will sue another person for damages. This s*%t needs to stop i come on this board to learn new things about a hobby that i and many others enjoy so grow up we are all adults here.

zljones 06-12-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esd10 (Post 1002935)
This is the problem anymore you sneeze and you can or will sue another person for damages. This s*%t needs to stop i come on this board to learn new things about a hobby that i and many others enjoy so grow up we are all adults here.

+1 again I thought Baseball cards were supposed to be fun, innocent, and fascinating. What happened??:(

sportscardtheory 06-12-2012 01:27 PM

There should be a monetary penalty for bringing a frivolous case into a court and muddying up the system. That would stop a lot of it REAL quick.

kmac32 06-12-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportscardtheory (Post 1002937)
There should be a monetary penalty for bringing a frivolous case into a court and muddying up the system. That would stop a lot of it REAL quick.

Agreed.

yanksfan09 06-12-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportscardtheory (Post 1002937)

+1!

yanksfan09 06-12-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1002868)
May I make a suggestion: how about both of you agree this was a very unfortunate situation, and then move on. No lawsuit, no more contact, just bring it to an end. It's not worth it. Sometimes bad stuff happens to all of us. Life goes on.

That would just be too simple though...

bigtrain 06-12-2012 03:24 PM

This is a very tough call. Just don't know whose side to take. The guy who has been here five minutes, whines about $4.00 shipping, brags about a 48 feedback rating in 7 years on ebay and threatens to sue at the drop of a hat or the guy whose posts I have been reading for 3 years or so and seems to be a knowledgeable straight-shooter. Hmmmm.....but I do love a good lawsuit.

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 04:21 PM

Dang people will sue for just about anything...kind of reminds of when a woman sued McDonald's because her coffee was too hot a few years ago haha.
Good luck with your "lawsuit".

slidekellyslide 06-12-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UOFLfan7 (Post 1002992)
Dang people will sure for just about anything...kind of reminds of when a woman sued McDonald's because here coffee was too hot a few years ago haha.
Good luck with your "lawsuit".

Not for nothing, but the coffee lawsuit had some merit and it's not just my opinion..it is the opinion of many legal scholars. What gets reported in the press and the truth aren't always the same.

The facts: http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

BleedinBlue 06-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1003007)
Not for nothing, but the coffee lawsuit had some merit and it's not just my opinion..it is the opinion of many legal scholars. What gets reported in the press and the truth aren't always the same.

The damning evidence against McDonalds was they actually did a business case analysis and decided that the money they would save by keeping the coffee hotter and therefore fresher longer would offset any legal losses they would incur because the coffee was too hot to drink. That didn't make the jury very happy.

And if anyone questions my inside information I will immediately sue Archive for liable and slather.

UOFLfan7 06-12-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1003007)

True...I gues McDonald's was kind of at fault for not putting labels on thier coffee.
On another note, man did I make a ton of typos haha. Dang is it hard to type on a iPhone.

drc 06-12-2012 06:34 PM

I'm not taking sides in the case, but know that McDonald had been specifically warned multiple times beforehand by health officials that their coffee was too hot and could cause injury to customers. From personal experience, I remember back in college that McDonald's had by far the hottest coffee in the biz. It always seemed like it was three degree below boiling.

Tsaiko 06-12-2012 06:47 PM

The cajones award goes to Andrew for publishing his name and address. I'm too paranoid to even use my real name. I feel like I should send him a gift or something. :D
Looks around the room for some sort of token......

Jcfowler6 06-12-2012 06:58 PM

I'm suing this thread for making my head hurt.

yanksfan09 06-12-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcfowler6 (Post 1003070)
I'm suing this thread for making my head hurt.

Add me to that list, make it a class action suit!

brickyardkennedy 06-12-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtrain (Post 1002974)
This is a very tough call. Just don't know whose side to take. The guy who has been here five minutes, whines about $4.00 shipping, brags about a 48 feedback rating in 7 years on ebay and threatens to sue at the drop of a hat or the guy whose posts I have been reading for 3 years or so and seems to be a knowledgeable straight-shooter. Hmmmm.....but I do love a good lawsuit.

+1

mrvster 06-12-2012 08:36 PM

reading this saddens me....

as a libra i hope this all works out.....:eek:

esd10 06-13-2012 08:09 AM

the mcdonalds law suit was stupid coffee is suppose to be HOT.

hanksta 06-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pup6913 (Post 1002841)
I just wanted to make sure you have the right address to send the suit to.

Andrew Woodfin
424 Minnesota St
Cannon Falls MN 55009

I used to live off Water and Vine in CF!

dougscats 06-13-2012 08:23 AM

coffee is suppose to be HOT.

Yeah, but that stuff burned ones lips and palate. It was dangerous, especially if driving. I cursed it the few times I sipped it, and I learned to be very careful.

BleedinBlue 06-13-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esd10 (Post 1003206)
the mcdonalds law suit was stupid coffee is suppose to be HOT.

Not to derail this thread, but what temperature to you consider "hot". 180-190F that McDonalds used to serve their coffee? Or the 150F that they and every other restaurant serves it at now. They settled over 700 cases over 10 years because the coffee was too hot and they had money in their budget to cover the anticipated lawsuits. They knew they were endangering people and were OK with it. THAT is why they got punitive damages. Spilling coffee shouldn't put you in the hospital for 8 days.

Leon 06-13-2012 08:41 AM

not taking sides

I don't really want to take sides on this whole mess but Kyle and I spoke on the phone for quite a while yesterday. I let him know my thoughts on this whole scenario and told him repeatedly just to let it go. Locking threads is a last resort but I see no need to have 2 threads discussing the same stupid issue. Trust me too folks, everything that is being said about the idiocy of threatening a lawsuit, I conveyed over and over to Kyle yesterday. I must have told him to just drop the whole thing approximately 10x. I even told him that if I were him I would take the high road out of this whole fiasco and that in my experience the high road is always the best road. I think that conversation fell on deaf ears. So, this horrid discussion can continue (for now at least) in the other thread.