Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mets Sign Wright! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=159871)

EvilKing00 12-07-2012 10:11 AM

Mets Sign Wright!

As a met fan this makes me happy, we will finally have a life long met player, who will hold almost every record etc! and a player we can look to.

Piaza - was a dodger almost 1/2 his games, seaver is the closest but he also was on other teams for a long while, even john franko , (who i love) was a red of many years before he came to us.

We finally have a Very good player who will (should) be a Met for life!

Now all we need is 24 other players to have a good team! lmao

bigtrain 12-07-2012 11:13 AM

What? No love for Eddie Kranepool? Okay...I guess Wright is better.

novakjr 12-07-2012 12:55 PM

Getting the deal done was a priority, and to an extent preemptive damage control, just in case they do deal Dickey.. It says to the fan base, "we're trying to win", whether or not that is actually the case is another story, but it keeps that hope alive for the fans. Something that the Indians front office has failed to do in recent years..

HRBAKER 12-07-2012 06:33 PM

I feel sorry for him but I commend both parties for their loyalty to each other.

EvilKing00 12-08-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novakjr (Post 1060065)
Getting the deal done was a priority, and to an extent preemptive damage control, just in case they do deal Dickey.. It says to the fan base, "we're trying to win", whether or not that is actually the case is another story, but it keeps that hope alive for the fans. Something that the Indians front office has failed to do in recent years..

i hope we can trade dickey for a good young hitter. Our line up needs help. And dickey (38) will not be on this team (unless hes a coach) when we finally have the talent to make the playoffs.

barrysloate 12-08-2012 06:41 AM

As good as Dickey was, he is very unlikely to duplicate his 2012 season. And he is getting older. But the Mets have a serious PR problem. The management is viewed as inept and dysfunctional, so letting him go is going to make a lot of people angry. Even though Wright is not quite the superstar we hoped he would be, he's still a productive player whom the fans love. So signing him was a no brainer.

David W 12-12-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrysloate (Post 1060322)
As good as Dickey was, he is very unlikely to duplicate his 2012 season. And he is getting older. But the Mets have a serious PR problem. The management is viewed as inept and dysfunctional, so letting him go is going to make a lot of people angry. Even though Wright is not quite the superstar we hoped he would be, he's still a productive player whom the fans love. So signing him was a no brainer.

And since the Mets are perceived as inept and dysfunctional they had to sign Wright, even though his numbers have been in decline. They may regret this contract in 4-5 years.

The Cardinals are a well managed franchise who rarely get backed into this corner, and have contingency plans in place for this, such as letting Pujols walk away with little to no fan anxiety.

rjackson44 12-12-2012 08:49 AM

Does it really matter :(

EvilKing00 12-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjackson44 (Post 1061782)
Does it really matter :(

HA, no...But as a met fan im trying to get excited about SOMETHING, lol